Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsted registration fee

Feeling confused but thankful as just received this morning our reg fee but at a significant drop to previous years ? By £185 !!anyone else noticed a change or have they just got ours wrong ?

Wonder if you have been over-charged in the past - how about mounting a test case to see if you can claw back any of it??

• Like 1

see it's nuts ...we open 5 full days, if they can't be consistent with that there's no hope...maybe the inspector has to drive further to get to you lynned55 lol

edit: I found a fee charge sheet and maybe who ever happens to send out your invoice is interpreting what the 'or' bits mean differently to someone else ...we could be £35 because we open less than 45 wks, but we could possibly be £220 because we open 3 hrs or more a day or 5 or more days a week ...it's a bit grey isn't it

Edited by Mouseketeer

Wonder if you have been over-charged in the past - how about mounting a test case to see if you can claw back any of it??

Done already , sent an email asking for clarification and refund ! I supposed I could have just kept quiet but you know me , I don't do quiet

• Like 1

We are on both too don't know why and it was queried by an inspector as we don't need to be , what are your reasons for doing so FM ?

But it says if you are registered on both CCR AND EYR , you only pay one amount not both and if you are open less than 48 weeks, you pay standard fee not higher fee ? Feeling confused

We're on both @ £35, I do remember getting a much bigger invoice a few years ago, could have been first one following our change of premises registration, I just emailed and told them they'd sent wrong invoice and they resent £35 one, so maybe it is to do with registration dates ?

We are on both too don't know why and it was queried by an inspector as we don't need to be , what are your reasons for doing so FM ?

But it says if you are registered on both CCR AND EYR , you only pay one amount not both and if you are open less than 48 weeks, you pay standard fee not higher fee ? Feeling confused

when we moved we tried to keep everything as flexible as possible as we weren't sure about after school clubs etc.....we have continued to pay the full price. I may have to rethink this though as holiday clubs are not worth it round here....too many funded ones open! we were sort of told that we needed to register on both when we opened......hum may need to investigate further!

• 5 weeks later...

Got a response today , no email just a refund of £35 in our bank account!

So feeling concerned that we get a refund but no reason as to why and in fear that our registration may be terminated , my admin emails Ofsted Thursday and I receive a letter yesterday stating our invoice is still outstanding ! Phoned yesterday and it was confirmed with our opening hours and being term time only that we should only be paying £35 ! Apparently they never received this years payment yet they refunded it!

Short of it , awaiting finance dept at Ofsted to confirm refund for £220 x 3 , we repaid the £35 again so hopefully this time they receive it , just read on the Ofsted self site : Refunds will be made at the discretion of Ofsted Management , which shall await with baited breath !

• Like 2

Shocked to open a letter last week from Ofsted wanting £220. Never paid this much before and we are querying this amount with them. We only run 18 hours in term time only!!

I bet you were zigzag!!! Another occasion (i hope) when Ofsted can be judged as inadequate? If it is now £220 then we need a recount on the funding consultation!!