Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Disaster - help needed

blondie

we ordered some caterpillars from insect lore for the children to watch their transformation into butterflies - lots of photographs taken from tiny caterpillars to big fat caterpillars and then as they made their cocoons - however - DISASTER - a member of staff has accidentally deleted all our photos whilst trying to delete one!!!!!

does anyone have any photos showing the changes from the tiny caterpillar up to them going into their cocoons that they could send to me so i can print them off please?

many thanks

Oh dear what a shame. We have just been to a butterfly park this week, not sure whats on the camera but will certainly check for you on Tuesday.

Have you tried googling caterpillar/ cocoons, this might bring you up some shots to print off.

we ordered some caterpillars from insect lore for the children to watch their transformation into butterflies - lots of photographs taken from tiny caterpillars to big fat caterpillars and then as they made their cocoons - however - DISASTER - a member of staff has accidentally deleted all our photos whilst trying to delete one!!!!!

does anyone have any photos showing the changes from the tiny caterpillar up to them going into their cocoons that they could send to me so i can print them off please?

many thanks

Oh my goodness - have you 'deleted' her - think I would have been very tempted :ph34r:

Can't help with the photos - hope someone can - or as suggested go with the google images......

PBP- don't worry about those that drop to the floor. They may perish, but some will still survive. The forming cocoon stage can take a few days. Just wait, don't interfere. Once in cocoons, transfer those on the white paper into the butterfly container as directed. Then, try to delicately remove any cocoons on the bottom (they may just fall out if very slowly tipped) and place on floor of the butterfly house. If they don't come free, try to remove any of the silky spidery web material from the caterpillar jar, and then place the container into the butterfly house and hope for the best!

Edited by eyfs1966
  • Like 1

You can undelete them if you dont use the memory card in the meantime. I did it at the begining of the year, found a free service on google but I'm struggling to find it now.