Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

My dream came true

I have to be 'out' of my setting this Thursday...........I am never out except for training and I always make clear that my deputy should ring me if Ofsted turn up and I would be straight back.......

I won't be able to get back on this occasion - have been coaching my staff like mad.......just in case :D

I actually rang Ofsted and informed them that I knew an inspection was imminent and informed them I would be out on training , they said that was helpful and would be noted as it made sense for me to be there.

• Like 1

Gosh, you played it cool. I would have panicked, cancelled my meeting and stalked the inspector round the setting. Well done you.

Yes surprised myself but why should it stop because of them , I think it showed the importance and dedication and that what they saw was a normal day why change it because they show up , after all it's part of our job . I think it actually helped.

• Like 1

I actually rang Ofsted and informed them that I knew an inspection was imminent and informed them I would be out on training , they said that was helpful and would be noted as it made sense for me to be there.

Thanks - I'm not training - it's a medical appointment - hence my comment about not being able to come back!

A tiny part of me would like to be 'away' for the Inspection :P not really! :D

• Like 2

Thanks - I'm not training - it's a medical appointment - hence my comment about not being able to come back!

A tiny part of me would like to be 'away' for the Inspection :P not really! :D

I cancelled a major operation twice because I knew they were due before a certain date, I called Ofsted, not to get a date but just to ask if it would definitely have happened by that date so I could book my surgery for afterwards, they said 'we're not here to advise you' so I really wouldn't trust that they wont come just because you have an appointment, I don't want to put a downer on you but they will say they don't care if you are there or not because you have a statutory duty to name a deputy who is competent to lead the setting in your absence xx

I cancelled a major operation twice because I knew they were due before a certain date, I called Ofsted, not to get a date but just to ask if it would definitely have happened by that date so I could book my surgery for afterwards, they said 'we're not here to advise you' so I really wouldn't trust that they wont come just because you have an appointment, I don't want to put a downer on you but they will say they don't care if you are there or not because you have a statutory duty to name a deputy who is competent to lead the setting in your absence xx

Thanks for that response and a million apologies to the lovely lashes for this complete thread hijack.

I had no intention of calling Ofsted - I know that would get me nowhere! I was merely surmising that it would be S*** Law that they would come on the very day that i could not be there!

My deputy is a fantastic and very competent lady - however, she can get a bit 'rabbit in headlights' at inspection time - we have been through many together! :1b Further to that as owner/manager I see it as my responsibility to haul us through an inspection! :D

Have just checked and there is nothing on my answerphone and no emails - so ......either Ofsted didn't come.....or they did and it all went horribly wrong :o:DxD

• Like 1

Congratulations. It sounds as if you had an Inspector that understood how a nursery operates. Can I ask a question? Has your setting put in place all the new Ofsted ideas that are supposed to be coming in to force in September this year?

My setting has everyone running a round like headless chickens to ensure all the new ideas are implemented as they have heard that a 'nursery' that has just had Ofsted has been failed as they were not in place.

Glad you asked that Fredbear ....have I missed something ?

Very well done Lashes :)

Sunnyday- I also have a fantastic Deputy who would be more than capable if ofsted showed up, who is actually better at knowing where each child's strengths and weakness' are off the top of her head....I tell her it's because that's all she has to worry about ;p, but like you would want to be the one leading my team through an inspection.

• Like 1

Congratulations. It sounds as if you had an Inspector that understood how a nursery operates. Can I ask a question? Has your setting put in place all the new Ofsted ideas that are supposed to be coming in to force in September this year?

My setting has everyone running a round like headless chickens to ensure all the new ideas are implemented as they have heard that a 'nursery' that has just had Ofsted has been failed as they were not in place.

Oh no, WHAT changes? Panic...... Please let us know. The only imminent changes I can think of are the Integrated review at 2, and the EYPP.....have I missed something else

Edited by eyfs1966

We've been told as from September Ofsted want designated areas in all areas, more of a school layout. I cannot find out where it is saying that but the powers that be are insisting this is the case. Not so much choice for the children in what they would like as staff will be choosing the selection of toys on the table.

The room is now so cluttered the children have very little room and they have so many options they are concentrating on none!

We've been told as from September Ofsted want designated areas in all areas, more of a school layout. I cannot find out where it is saying that but the powers that be are insisting this is the case. Not so much choice for the children in what they would like as staff will be choosing the selection of toys on the table.

The room is now so cluttered the children have very little room and they have so many options they are concentrating on none!

Sorry, but this isn't true.

Ofsted want to see how you deliver the statutory educational programmes as described in the EYFS statutory framework. How you do this is your decision. Ofsted will comment on how your way of doing it impacts on children's learning.

Well done to everyone who has been through a successful Ofsted!!

Can I just add a teeny note of caution - the judgement is confidential and could change until your report is completed as there are QA systems it has to go through. Whilst I wouldn't want to rain on anyone's parade, it may be prudent to not publicise outcomes until they are finalised!

Cx

• Like 3