Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Happy half-term break!

sunnyday

Froglet it looks yummy! :1b :1b :1b

So far this term I have embraced my creativity - I have made a patchwork quilt (well the front) and a rather impressive sewing machine bag.

I have also cleaned my windows -inside and out - and done loads of washing. Lovely sunny days here both today and yesterday.

Froglet it looks yummy! :1b :1b :1b

So far this term I have embraced my creativity - I have made a patchwork quilt (well the front) and a rather impressive sewing machine bag.

I have also cleaned my windows -inside and out - and done loads of washing. Lovely sunny days here both today and yesterday.

Think we need photos for Cait's Made it thread - of the quilt not the windows but if you want to share those too...

I'm beginning to realise that an Artisan baking day may not have been a great plan for my waistline (or for tools to procrastinate over planning with). I'm now contemplating a loaf with fresh rosemary, cheese and walnuts and possibly a smidgin of onion chutney too! I'm struggling to come up with different flavours for the sweet dough mix though so any special requests gratefully received!

I'm beginning to realise that an Artisan baking day may not have been a great plan for my waistline (or for tools to procrastinate over planning with). I'm now contemplating a loaf with fresh rosemary, cheese and walnuts and possibly a smidgin of onion chutney too! I'm struggling to come up with different flavours for the sweet dough mix though so any special requests gratefully received!

Partial to sun dried tomatoes myself :1b

Agree with louby - you are making me hungry xD

• Like 1

I had some nice chocolate and orange bread not so long ago!

• Like 1

Oh please - all this talk of lovely bread - I'm starving xD

A day off from navvying in the garden today - it has been p*ddl**g down with rain all day - a good chance to stock up on supplies though as I have broken the rake and worn through a pair of gardening gloves in my efforts!!

Oh please - all this talk of lovely bread - I'm starving xD

A day off from navvying in the garden today - it has been p*ddl**g down with rain all day - a good chance to stock up on supplies though as I have broken the rake and worn through a pair of gardening gloves in my efforts!!

Well you do the gardening in the drizzle and I'll bake bread and you can come up here for a fresh loaf straight out the oven. Having said that I've seen my oven and a serious clean is in order before any more baking I think! :blink: :ph34r:

• Like 1

:o Wow! Good effort there dragon lady! :D

The aforementioned wallflowers are 'going in' today + I hope to get tulip bulbs planted + tomato plants taken down in greenhouse :1b

Yesterday was a complete wash out here - so spent most of the day reading - lovely! :1b

Edited by sunnyday
  • Like 1

Sunnyday - re-ovens.

Do you think 'they' send out updates about oven cleaning?...... maybe we miss them. Should we have an A4 poster displayed in our kitchen with advice and telephone numbers that our family/visitors can contact if they have concerns about how we care for our ovens?

..........hmmm, I'm now thinking I should have an 'oven cleaning policy' xD :lol: xD

Sunnyday - re-ovens.

Do you think 'they' send out updates about oven cleaning?...... maybe we miss them. Should we have an A4 poster displayed in our kitchen with advice and telephone numbers that our family/visitors can contact if they have concerns about how we care for our ovens?

..........hmmm, I'm now thinking I should have an 'oven cleaning policy' xD :lol: xD

I was thinking along the same lines.........

Thank heavens for this forum - we learn new things every day..........I do hope some kind soul will share their oven cleaning policy with us......I wouldn't know where to begin :blink:

I was thinking along the same lines.........

Thank heavens for this forum - we learn new things every day..........I do hope some kind soul will share their oven cleaning policy with us......I wouldn't know where to begin :blink:

Well mine is going to have - Not the sole responibitly of the main user- in it !!!

Re. oven cleaning policy... maybe 'when you're not prepared to eat anything you might cook in it?'

Ah that's OK then.............heat kills bacteria right? :rolleyes:

Besides - if all else fails I've got a slow cooker and a microwave xD

Sooooooo.........wallflowers are in and tomatoes are half out - this is lunch break - need to get back at it! :1b

• Like 1

Well I have had a lovely day - got the wallflowers in and the tomatoes down + some more grass cutting - it was a bit wet really but I'm pleased i did it :1b not a tulip bulb planted - tomorrow for that job then.......

Then one of my oldest friends rang - we only speak three or four times a year - glad it was her 'phone bill - we managed to chat for over an hour - probably nearer two! :1b

You really are putting us to shame Sunnyday with all this progress - what happened to procrastination xD

Froglet the bread offer is just soooooooo tempting - As for oven cleaning - surely the policy is break on purpose replace oven once old one is too disgusting to put anything in :P

I have however invested in dishwasher cleaner and washing machine cleaner - dear little bottles that you chuck in said appliances and turn on - good enough clean for me ;)

Am continuing my double life as a navvy - note to self never put gravel in an area that you might at some point in the dim and distant future want to move it from - I have shifted nearly a tonne of the stuff (shame that this is not matched by body flubber xDxDxD ) - there is still a little to go so no bulbs in yet and the turf is being delivered tomorrow :blink:

• Like 1

We are havving the most beastly miserable weather here this week. The thick fog and drizzle has not lifted once. Have updated sef (Sorry sunny day) and am going to set about writing our action plans with a column about the impact this will have when complete rather than just a tick list. Have also updated our website. I did also defrost my freezer yesterday which is a job I hate like cleaning the oven! Have run out of oven cleaner and they are charging £4.99 for it in the village shop!! So that was a good enough excuse to wait until I get into the supermarket. My dog did not have his op on Monday, they put him under and did the x rays and decided to give him two more weeks rest and different tablets. So he is incredibly fed up as he just wants to go for a run!!

Hope to goodness I wake up to a view tomorrow and not this fog as I may go slightly bonkers. (Well more so than usual)

Sorry to hear that you are suffering miserable weather zigzag - I am only a couple of counties along the coast and today have a lovely sunny day - however what I am doing on here when I have more gravel to sift through I'm not sure - time to cosy up to that grindstone again :D

• Like 1

Sef updated and new feedback from reception teacher included.

New format of development/improvement plan designed and actions put on it.

Statutory and professional training plans completed to include new staff member.

Room set up for Monday.

:angry: :angry: Signs put up around the village to try and shame whoever has stolen four of our brand new wheelbarrows and to ask them to return them :angry: If I get my hands on them, they will be sorry :ph34r:

Just got planning sheets to do now and print out all new paperwork for new staff member starting on Monday :D That will mean three qualified staff members again :D:D

I am trying to be so up to date with my paperwork in case Ofsted remember that we are still here!! God I hope they come soon, I am not sure how much longer I can take the pressure of thinking "Will it be today?"

Just need to go and play with my poor depressed :(:( dog, who despite lots more rest is still limping!! :o

• Like 1

All this talk of SEFs - I'm beginning to feel left out! Almost want one of my own... Currently reads

Wider, greyer, heavier, shabbier and tireder than she really ought to be. Full of both toffee and good intentions. Needs to have more realistic aspirations in all areas.

Is that the kind of thing a SEF should have in it? ;)

• Like 2

All this talk of SEFs - I'm beginning to feel left out! Almost want one of my own...

Take mine - please - honestly I don't mind! xD

Sending a huge 'pat on the back' to the SEF completers! :1b

I have had a lovely self-indulgent week - I have done what I wanted to when I wanted to :1b

• Like 5