Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's September......

sunnyday

We went back on Thursday and Friday for our new starters - INTERESTING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :huh: :ph34r:;)

Open today for our returners - lovely day - very few children who all came back happy and smiley although did have to send one home early with a temperature (just about the time that Calpol would have worn off after a 9.00am dose xD ).

Bogged down in paperwork already - even though I thought I'd got it straight in July no sooner do we start back then everyone wants to change everything - do they not realise the avalanche of changes that one simple change causes AAARRRRGGGGGG :rolleyes:

Our new starters start "filtering in" with the returners from tomorrow so we shall just have to wait.

On top of this there is Wilbur to look after - unbelievably because I have nothing else to do I now have a baby squirrel (found abandoned in the back garden) to try to nurse to a point that he can be returned to the wild so that I can then whinge at him for eating the seeds in my bird feeder xDxD

He has to come to pre-school because he is on 2 hourly feeds - I must be getting soft in my old age - this attitude had better not be something that continues with the children xD

This is Wilbur

post-9650-0-26458400-1410199446_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Hope you are completing a learning journey for Wilbur!! He is very cute. We had four new starters today with no tears, so very pleased with that yes I know, wait until the second and third session when they know what is happening!!! Seems really really weird, we have gone from 24 each session down to between eight and ten. Seems so quiet, not sure I like having such a small number!!

• Like 2

We went back on Thursday and Friday for our new starters - INTERESTING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :huh: :ph34r:;)

Open today for our returners - lovely day - very few children who all came back happy and smiley although did have to send one home early with a temperature (just about the time that Calpol would have worn off after a 9.00am dose xD ).

Bogged down in paperwork already - even though I thought I'd got it straight in July no sooner do we start back then everyone wants to change everything - do they not realise the avalanche of changes that one simple change causes AAARRRRGGGGGG :rolleyes:

Our new starters start "filtering in" with the returners from tomorrow so we shall just have to wait.

On top of this there is Wilbur to look after - unbelievably because I have nothing else to do I now have a baby squirrel (found abandoned in the back garden) to try to nurse to a point that he can be returned to the wild so that I can then whinge at him for eating the seeds in my bird feeder xDxD

He has to come to pre-school because he is on 2 hourly feeds - I must be getting soft in my old age - this attitude had better not be something that continues with the children xD

This is Wilbur

attachicon.gifIMG_0251.JPG

That's one adorable little pesky squirrel you have there. Maybe he'll be a good boy when he's weened

• Like 1

Hope you are completing a learning journey for Wilbur!! He is very cute. We had four new starters today with no tears, so very pleased with that yes I know, wait until the second and third session when they know what is happening!!! Seems really really weird, we have gone from 24 each session down to between eight and ten. Seems so quiet, not sure I like having such a small number!!

Zigzag - I've gone from 20 to 30 - I keep getting confused because all lines are so much longer and we now no longer fit tidily round my carpet for snack time!

We always line up on the number line before we come in, So weird not even getting to double digits!! Keep nearly panicking that I have lost some!!(not really).

Haven't lived in Kent since I was eight years old Panders!! Not sure if I class as a Kentish maid or maid of Kent any more. Funnily enough though the Cornish expression for a woman/girl is maid! (Sometimes think that my husband thinks I am)

• Like 1

We always line up on the number line before we come in, So weird not even getting to double digits!! Keep nearly panicking that I have lost some!!(not really).

Haven't lived in Kent since I was eight years old Panders!! Not sure if I class as a Kentish maid or maid of Kent any more. Funnily enough though the Cornish expression for a woman/girl is maid! (Sometimes think that my husband thinks I am)

Hmm, if it's the same as the male i.e Man of Kent, or Kentish man I think its about which side of the River Medway you are from, but not absolutely sure as I grew up in Essex!

Hmm, if it's the same as the male i.e Man of Kent, or Kentish man I think its about which side of the River Medway you are from, but not absolutely sure as I grew up in Essex!

'Tis - but I can't remember which way round it is :blink: xD

SueJ - loving Wilbur - very sweet - please tell me that's not night feeds as well :blink:

• Like 1

Thankfully not night feeds - but v. early morning ones :rolleyes:

He also has a tendency to smell a bit rank to say the least so I must get off here and give him a bath before he goes to school today :rolleyes:

Who only knows what Ofsted and Environmental Health will have to say :ph34r::ph34r:xDxD;);)

• Like 1

No one's been sick today! :D

Bonus! xD

For us I knew today would be a little more 'challenging' and it was - but hey we all came through unscathed :1b

Tomorrow will be (number wise) a very quiet session - can't wait to spend some quality time with the older children - I do worry that they get a little 'neglected' whilst we are busy settling the 'newbies'........

• Like 4

Bonus! xD

For us I knew today would be a little more 'challenging' and it was - but hey we all came through unscathed :1b

Tomorrow will be (number wise) a very quiet session - can't wait to spend some quality time with the older children - I do worry that they get a little 'neglected' whilst we are busy settling the 'newbies'........

I think I am going to have a pretty challenging cohort this year in general. We'll get there but I think it will be a tough process - lots of needing to learn to hear, listen and act upon instructions needed! I had one boy today who was great yesterday, today bit of a different story. He didn't want to come to do the register this morning and responded to my requests with "But I don't want to!" When he eventually got there pouted and grumped a lot. Then at morning tidy up time he suddenly announced he needed the toilet and "it's really desperate" I was pretty sure it wasn't 'real' but I've only known them a day and a half - bit too early to call him on it! Then when I announced home time tidy up this afternoon he was outside. He started fake crying and as we walked through the classroom door to go inside he dropped to the floor and sat moaning that he'd really hurt himself and couldn't get up and tidy - he got a fairly unsympathetic response!

Sunnyday - enjoy your quiet day tomorrow, I know exactly how you feel about your old ones!

• Like 1

Absolutely- just pop him 'up your jumper' if necessary! xDxDxD

You have done a robust risk assessment I presume...if not, you'll just have to "hide" him somewhere if you get a knock at the door!!

Yes well - it's not as if he doesn't try when it's bath time - now there's a learning curve for you - HOW TO BATH YOUR SQUIRREL!!!

My vet is as sad as I am an wants pictures for his facebook page :rolleyes: :D

This is feeding time !

post-9650-0-80812000-1410330740_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Yes well - it's not as if he doesn't try when it's bath time - now there's a learning curve for you - HOW TO BATH YOUR SQUIRREL!!!

My vet is as sad as I am an wants pictures for his facebook page :rolleyes: :D

This is feeding time !

attachicon.gif10629704_640382572726231_8852541910191022485_n.jpg

He is too cute for words - but not only but also - how come you have time to paint your nails and they match your cardi beautifully xD

• Like 1

This has all the markings of a wonderful comedy film - anyone up for writing a script?!

We could do a combined effort here...........I'm thinking that any O person would be so busy wondering why SueJ's jumper is moving that he/she wouldn't have time to 'pick holes' in SueJ's setting (not that there would be anything worthy of criticism - obviously!)

• Like 3

We could do a combined effort here...........I'm thinking that any O person would be so busy wondering why SueJ's jumper is moving that he/she wouldn't have time to 'pick holes' in SueJ's setting (not that there would be anything worthy of criticism - obviously!)

Ooh Matron!

• Like 3

He is too cute for words - but not only but also - how come you have time to paint your nails and they match your cardi beautifully xD

Acrylic falsies I'm afraid - 30 mins of precious me time every so often to get them infilled and painted - so much quicker than if I even attempted to do it myself - that allows me time for today's animal husbandry:-

Trip to vet with Wilbur for another calcium jab - as he was v. much awake this involved taking Wilbur in extra large Chinchilla size cage (thank goodness for gum tree) in car with him climbing the bars - makes for an interesting drive! Much interest in the vet's waiting room from the other patients - 1 x terrier :o and 1 x cat :o.

Whilst at vets pick up 1 x cat (delicate operation to have certain bits of his anatomy removed including overnight stay) - he too is an adopted stray who was taken in by hubby who likes the idea of having a cat but isn't quite so good at the upkeep!

Vet assures me cat is v.sleepy after operation and won't be v. hungry - Oh yea - Cat yowling like mad at being in cat box.

Put squirrel (plus large cage) in back seat, cat in cat box in front seat and drive home - honestly if I knew that I would be trying out for Noah's job I would have changed my CV!!

Get wild and domestic life home - cat jumping around like a mad thing - sooo not tired and wolfs down the special grub that he "may pick at overnight as he comes round"!

Squirrel desperate for nosh also.

Have finally managed to slip in a cuppa for self and a visit to the loo :blink:

I am off to yoga tonight - animals shut in separate rooms - if my instructor says lie on the mat I'm not sure I will be able to get up again - oh and there has been the small matter of work xDxD

• Like 3

My new class are really loud, have more 'criers' in than I've had before, several with 'must remember to' messages attached (nothing serious - just needing medication at particular times), several who are very defiant, a couple who need pockets checking at home time (one told me today "it just jumped in there!") and some who are just downright rude. I'm shattered and I've only done 4 days - please remind me that it does (usually!) get better...