Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Updating all my policies

Guest colechin

Guest colechin

We are waiting for Ofsted to visit next half term, as it will be 5 years since the last inspection. I'm sure they will have to turn up in the next half of the summer term, especially since the school whose site we sit on (but I am a PVI setting) are also waiting for Ofsted and they had their inspection with Ofsted the same time as they visited us.

So during this half term I am going to go back through all my policies, which my staff and I went through last September.

I was wondering if anyone knows if there has been any significant changes to any 'acts' etc. I know that there are going to be some changes to the Equality of opportunity/SEN policies and that from September 2014 the following cease to have effect:

Sen code 2001

Inclusive schooling 2001

Section 139A learning difficulty ass stat guidance 2013

I always use the PLSA Policies and the last book purchased was for their updated policies 2012/2013.

If anyone has a quick way for me to go through my policies to check them I would greatly appreciate the help.

Thank you x

If you used those then there is a special code printed in one of the front pages for you to log on in their website to check if there's anything new. If there is, let me know as I need to do the same!

The code is in the front of the book- however if memory serves me correctly once I logged onto their site all the books I had purchased from them showed up as downloads.

Yes, that's how it works. However for some reason it didn't like the code I put in for the policy book. They are downloadable so you can edit them to fit your own setting

Hi, sorry no advice on policies however wanted to reply to this:

We are waiting for Ofsted to visit next half term, as it will be 5 years since the last inspection. I'm sure they will have to turn up in the next half of the summer term, especially since the school whose site we sit on (but I am a PVI setting) are also waiting for Ofsted and they had their inspection with Ofsted the same time as they visited us.

Our preschool has always been inspected at the same time as the primary school (we are separate but on same site) and this year they inspected the school without inspecting us and we were last inspected in 2009. Just wanted to let you know that this may happen to you too.

When did you buy your book, finleysmaid? I was literally just looking at their website (to see if mine is still current). The last one was 2012, but I guess it depends whether a major re-write is needed in the light of the 2014 Statutory Framework.

Being a complete saddo I tackled this job over a few months starting in November and finally finishing in February. There were quite a few changes - several of them to do with the change from CRB to DBS and some legislative changes too - what I thought would be a releatively smooth job (we use the PSLA models anyway) turned out to be quite a mission which I found was best done in bite sized chunks

Being a complete saddo I tackled this job over a few months starting in November and finally finishing in February. There were quite a few changes - several of them to do with the change from CRB to DBS and some legislative changes too - what I thought would be a releatively smooth job (we use the PSLA models anyway) turned out to be quite a mission which I found was best done in bite sized chunks

I 'used to' really like you :blink: xDxD

• Like 1

When did you buy your book, finleysmaid? I was literally just looking at their website (to see if mine is still current). The last one was 2012, but I guess it depends whether a major re-write is needed in the light of the 2014 Statutory Framework.

sorry missed this....yes i guess i updated when we moved so 2 and half years ago....sounds like im going to have to but another!

Having looked my book out tonight (in response to an email from Cait :1b ) I have the 2012 edition - but I can't find the code :blink:

if you log on and go to the shop/publications (i think ...second title from the right) it should have the ones you have already registered

• Like 1

if you log on and go to the shop/publications (i think ...second title from the right) it should have the ones you have already registered

Thanks Fm - will have a look after I have done the other 101 things I need to do today! :blink: :1b

If it helps these were the main changes in our policies ( I use ndna):

-changes to DBS rather than crb

-legal context to whistleblowing

-new risk assessments policy (there wasn't one before)

-new compliments procedure (again wasn't one before)

- strengthened safe recruitment of staff to include where DBS checks aren't clear

- added e cigarettes to no smoking

- developed a new alcohol and substance misuse policy

- formula should be fed below 37 degrees rather than below 21 as was before!

• Like 1

But you need the code to access them, don't you?

only to register them the first time then you they should be on your list when you go to publications (you should also receive updates to your email address when they come through)

• Like 1

We are with pla and ndna as I find them both really useful for different things! Ndna have all the templates for policies and send you a matrix of changes every time they update them which for me is worth the money in itself!! It makes it really easy to keep on top of them. They have good online training similar to pla really but often different courses and their help and fact sheets are really good too x

• Like 1

Fm - you are a complete and utter - bright and shiny SUPERSTAR!!!

I have been messing about with this for at least an hour - but on re reading your post and following your advice - I am in - woohoo!

Thank you! :1b

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)