Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

christmas countdown

Rea

I heard a discussion on the radio yesterday about the different types of shoppers - careful planners, intermediate and late panic shoppers (I think). It turned out according to the shopping guru that late panic shoppers get the best result - everything is discounted. So my annual late panic shopping is now a virtuous strategy, rather than something that just happens. I can relax! :ph34r:

• Like 8

I want it to be a 'christmas24 movie' -

• You get a very small box od decs from the easy to reach shelf in garage, this is enough to decorate the whole house- inside and out....... which you do in an hour or so (whilst making cookies).
  • You shop at 5'c Christmas Eve- the shops have everything in stock- beautifully wrapped for you of course.
  • Christmas dinner (huge) appears on table- no one seems to break out in a sweat cooking it.
  • there's always enough matching chairs/plates/glasses for above dinner- no matter how many people there are.
  • Snow - not to much, not to little.
  • Like 5

The daughter has a new boyfriend. Well new this year anyway. In August his mother asked her what she was doing for Christmas. :o She has had to explain (several times) that the festivities begin in our house on Christmas Eve. I don't think said boyfriend really believed her. He has much to learn.

I have bought:-

• Advent calendars
  • One stocking filler per child (3 in total)
  • A few things that didn't arrive in time for daughter's birthday last week
  • The first Christmas edition of the Radio Times.

So I'm really ahead of myself this year. :D

• Like 5