Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New sef?

zigzag

You need to register. (I recently got mails from Ofsted about updating my password, so they seem to try to reach out.) Apart from being informed about various changes here and through Ofsted's and our LA's Children's Services' newsletters, I get to know about them by having signed up to receiving news through Nursery World, Daynurseries and Pre-school Learning Alliance. We need to be proactive ourselves...

Not really sure who this is aimed at........would imagine that we are all 'proactive' - our keen interest in this forum would indicate that ;)

I have registered for updates from Ofsted - twice - sometimes I get them sometimes not!

I also follow Ofsted, NW, PLA and others on Twitter :1b

I stand by my comment about lack of communication from LA - particularly in a week when I have received emails with reference to other matters :1b

• Like 2

I was just stating the fact that we have to be proactive, seeking out the information we need to do our job,
to make sure that we are properly signed up and that we are to several sources of information. LAs don't
have the funding they need or prioritise as we would wish them to, so wouldn't rely on them.

I was just stating the fact that we have to be proactive, seeking out the information we need to do our job,

to make sure that we are properly signed up and that we are to several sources of information. LAs don't

have the funding they need or prioritise as we would wish them to, so wouldn't rely on them.

OK - yes, I understood your post, thank you.

We will probably have to agree to disagree on this one! :1b

Have just had a look at emails received from LA this week: a Safeguarding Newsletter, SCAF paperwork, a link to Community Playthings - all very useful - but perhaps news of a new SEF could have been included :rolleyes:

Luckily, as you so rightly point out, I don't 'sit back' and wait for info.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately since Sept of this year our LA has become a useless mine of non information.

Like sunnyday I have twice registered with ofsted but no longer get any info from them. Yes, to an extent I agree with you we do need to be proactive in seeking out new info but a little bit of help now and again from the powers that be wouldn't go amiss.

In my (many years!) experience Ofsted have managed to perfect the art of 'moving the goalposts' and not telling us!!

Edited by lynned55
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

I cannot get to grips with mine.................help!!!

Hi Narnia me old mate....I have never been able to access the online system and get nowhere when I ring up about it so I now simply download a hard copy and then send it to them by recorded delivery. In the summer we had our inspection and the inspector commented that they really liked our SEF.

• 2 weeks later...

a little bit of help now and again from the powers that be wouldn't go amiss.[/size]

In my (many years!) experience Ofsted have managed to perfect the art of 'moving the goalposts' and not telling us!!

Yes yes! Amazing how they have all our details but never manage to write to let us know they've changed things ;-) Im sure we pay enough!

Another one who signed up for alert emails and received one - then none!

Edited by gingerbreadman

Complain to them!

OOOOOoooo I don't think I'd dare!!!!! :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: Think of the repercussions!

OOOh, wouldn't it be fun if we could do a no notice inspection on Ofsted in the event of a complaint!!!!

...and highlight their errors (then run for cover! :ph34r: )

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)