Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Invent a cake

Froglet

If you could invent a cake what would it be?

No, I'm not going for the next series of the Great British Bake Off but I do love baking and recently have been experimenting with different combinations and ideas when making fairy cakes. This weekend I make chocolate peppermint ones: chocolate sponge with mint buttercream in the middle, topped with mint water icing and a quarter of an after dinner mint.

A few weeks ago I made some cupcakes that had the digestive biscuit base of a cheesecake, the middle layer was the lemony bit from lemon meringue pie and the topping was the top of a Bakewell tart.

I'm looking for more ideas - so, what would you combine? I've got a ginger biscuit base, lemon sponge and almond thing in mind!

• Like 1

Humm difficult one....i have a recipe for a gin and tonic cupcake! Rhubarb and strawberry (great combination!) or something along the lines of sticky toffee pudding? If you're going to do a wimbledon one it would need pimms icing though! How about lemon and elderflower (making elderflower cordial tomorrow!)

• Like 1

Thank you! I'm noting lots of alcohol in the suggestions so far - should I be worried?! ;) have any of you seen the Hummingbird Bakery Cake Days book? Has recipes for strawberry daiquiri and mint mojito cupcakes!

I like the idea of puddings as cakes. I'm wondering about an Eton Mess cake? Like the idea of a lemon and elderflower one too - maybe using elderflower cordial as a flavouring...

As for tasters - yep all welcome, I don't particularly want to eat more than one (or two!) just like making them. Am happy to do photos if you really want. Sunnyday - thinking about cake doesn't usually cause problems - I always think I'm thinner than I am until I catch a glimpse of a mirror!

bounty bar cake lashings of dark chocolate and coconut cream hunky male model on an island like the ad optional

sue xx

Oh now that reminds me...new and rather fit window cleaner starting tomorrow....ladies at work want me to see if he'll take his shirt off ...then it'll be diet cokes all round !

(apologies to all those men on this site....give me a break...i have to have some cheap thrills sometimes!)

• Like 1

You have mirrors :o are you completely mad?! :ph34r:xDxDxD

Only ones that show eyebrows upwards (I have quite nice eyebrows) but there are times when you have to walk past a shop window and I've walked into too many lamp posts with my eyes open to risk walking down the street with my eyes shut! :huh: ;)xD

• Like 1

How do you get nice eyebrows? Any tips gratefully received.

Cakes: Dairy free coffee and walnut cake please. Could you do a tea time cake with scones and sandwiches type thing??? Lots of jam and summer fruit?

How do you get nice eyebrows? Any tips gratefully received.

Definitely luck rather than judgement!

As for cake - coffee and walnut is a favourite, never thought about dairy free. Not quite sure what you have in mind by sandwiches in a cake? I can definitely make bread and therefore sandwiches - maybe cheese and tomato muffins?

Humm difficult one....i have a recipe for a gin and tonic cupcake! Rhubarb and strawberry (great combination!) or something along the lines of sticky toffee pudding? If you're going to do a wimbledon one it would need pimms icing though! How about lemon and elderflower (making elderflower cordial tomorrow!)

Oh gin and tonic cupcake sounds yummy :-)