Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

timing for talks/training?

We now have the opportunity to use our hall in the evenings or weekends and i was considering asking some trainers to come in and do some talks or workshops. In order to make these pay i would need to invite others to attend. If you were interested in what i had to offer what would you prefer

Weekends

weekday early evenings

or later in the evening

and what would be the maximum you would pay for these?

just fishing really ....any help gratefully received :1b

I prefer early weekday evenings, straight after work really, (but understand that probably doesn't suit staff with young children)

Would depend on what the training was I guess as too how much I'd pay...so not much help there really, sorry

Edited by mouse63

i'm on the junction of slough/bucks and berks ...so really easy access for this area. Just wondering what people are after and i have been wanting to get some fab people like Jan white or the like in. Maybe Elizabeth Jarmen those would be the top end of course!!. Is there anything out there that people feel they need and can't get?

Finleysmaid - too far for me to travel :(

Elizabeth Jarmen training is fab - I did last year.......

I much prefer to give up the odd Saturday for training as opposed to being out of my setting.......

Edited by sunnyday

For me, first choice for training would be evenings - so that I could sort home/family out first. (then maybe out for a drink with staff after training! :D ::1a )

Payment would depend on what's on offer..... LAstart from £20 upwards.

That said- you're to far for me anyway :1b ..............although if were a week-end I would consider making a 'week-end' of it if I was interested in the content/speaker. :1b :1b

• Like 1

Are you only interested in high profile speakers, finleysmaid? ;)

You volunteering then Maz!! you and i could be a force to be reckoned with!.(maybe we should talk!!)

Just a bit fed up with training in the area (IYKWIM) i would love to get some inspirational stuff going on and now have the facilities to host.

Thought i'd do a fishing trip on here and see what people want and what people might be able to afford. We have enough room for a couple of hundred!! but parking needs to be sorted out xD

What would everyone want to come to?

Outdoor inspiration

environment

ideas and activities/creative

sen

management

first aid (we have the most fantstic guy!!)

maths

literacy

transitions

IT

My aim would be to try and get something thought provoking and maybe at a slightly higher level than most of our standard training.

• Like 1

You volunteering then Maz!! you and i could be a force to be reckoned with!.(maybe we should talk!!)

Yes - I'd like to develop this side of what I laughingly call my professional life! :P

I would love to do a bit of teaching without any of the marking, which is the bane of my life. Just don't tell any of my lovely learners that, will you! :ph34r:

Behaviour management isn't on your list - I reckon if someone cracked that they would make an absolute fortune!

• Like 1

Just don't tell any of my lovely learners that, will you! :ph34r:

ha ha ...what's it worth! (i promise!) my team don't really come on much so i think we're all right ;)

Behaviour management isn't on your list - I reckon if someone cracked that they would make an absolute fortune!

Humm yes good idea...i'll have to think about that one.

Hi I too would love to hear some thought provoking, inspirational speakers. Not sure about distance though about an hour and a half to get to Slough. Now you really would have to have someone fab. Saturdays better for me, but i could possibly book in somewhere overnight. Keep me posted please Finleysmaid.:)

• Like 1

Hi I too would love to hear some thought provoking, inspirational speakers. Not sure about distance though about an hour and a half to get to Slough. Now you really would have to have someone fab. Saturdays better for me, but i could possibly book in somewhere overnight. Keep me posted please Finleysmaid.:)

will do fredbear!

• how to impact quality of the home learning environment
  • how to set up and facilitate parent workshops

Weekends would be good for moi!

You are too far for me :(

but with being a committee/charity run group we have to pay for our own courses unless it's mandatory 1st Aid/Safeguarding etc

So cost would play a huge part for us.

I would agree with Behaviour Management, and also anything Sen related as in our area Sen courses are ALWAYS for 1 person only and has a cost.

You are too far for me :(

but with being a committee/charity run group we have to pay for our own courses unless it's mandatory 1st Aid/Safeguarding etc

So cost would play a huge part for us.

I would agree with Behaviour Management, and also anything Sen related as in our area Sen courses are ALWAYS for 1 person only and has a cost.

same here but our area senco is fab and we are having her in on monday free of charge for group training in behaviour management and senco training is free or speak to local sen school to see if you can join there training sessions

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Ok everyone ...i have booked Elklan training(speech and language) for september ...10 week course £350 ...tuesday nights about 6.30

We are in windsor and maidenhead area.

If you are interested PM me and i'll send you the details....when i've finished my reports......AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)