Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Can we do this?

klc106

Myself and my colleague have been invited on a course for eyp's about involving parents in their children's play. We will get £175 to cover supply costs. It's a full day course.

Our problem is with their only being the 2 of us we have no one to cover for us and the children should be in for 3hrs during the day.

The only way we could go is to close the setting for the day but I don't know if we are allowed to do that because our children are 'funded'

Can we close if we give parents enough notice? (the course is 28th feb)

Thanks

I did consider opening for a full day one thursday to counteract the one they will be missing?

How would I go on with ofsted and insurance? Would I just inform them of the change for the one day?

Thanks for your quick replies :1b

You are entitled to five TD days per year and do not have to offer parents another session to replace the one they will lose. Personally, I would explain that it will benefit their children and that it is not something that will happen often, but you feel the benefits will outweigh any upheaval to parents.

• Like 1

We closed for two training days last year so that we could all go on a course, It was a huge benefit to us that we all did the course and also great to spend two days as a staff but not actually in the setting working. We are also closed for a day next month when myself and my deputy go on a CAF course. (We have to close then as we have no other level 3 to run the group) Never had any problems from parents about this.

• Like 1

Just jumping on this thread as I am currently planning our INSET days for this year. Can I just ask what other settings do if they close for a day whereby children pay fees because it is over their funded hours. For example if I have a child who attends their fifteen hour sessions and an additional three hours per week that is paid for by the parent. Do you still charge for these closures or are refunds given?

check your contract with Ey... they are not all the same, locally they have to provide all the funded hours, so if they close on a funded day for trianing have to make up those hours somewhere either by opening another day or extra sessions for those children, no funded days of trainign here

as to those who pay extra hours we did not charge for them if we closed for training..

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)