Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Royal baby!

sunnyday

Just thinking about it makes me feel ill. I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sick with my younger one!! :ph34r:

so was I.. any time, day or night it would hit me... for 4 months, and still had nausea into month 8 at different times of day...

so she really has my sympathies... news said it was not yet 12 weeks so very early days yet but they had to announce it as she needed treatment... said their parents were only told today too...

Yes, Inge - anytime until really late into pregnancy! But on the bright side, said baby was born within ten minutes of arrival at hospital!

A shame they were kind of forced into making the announcement - no time to savour the 'secret', and let parents know first.

I was lucky, no sickness with either pregnancy. I threw up once with the first one when the neighbours cat came into our kitchen, ate our cats food then threw up all over the kitchen floor. I watched him and copied him exactly! Two piles to clean up! :(:(

Well I'm already a bit fed up with the speculation about the baby's names - how will they sustain it over the next seven months or so? Mind you, it'll be a boomtime for the bookies no doubt!

It is lovely news, but what a shame that they've had to rush the announcement. I'm sure they would have preferred to spend some time enjoying their news with their families before telling the world! Just goes to show that being royal doesn't protect you from life's difficulties. They're young, in love and I'm sure they'll cope with whatever happens next. I just hope they get some peace and quiet and can enjoy their pregnancy without too much intrusion from the press. And that she stops being sick really soon. :(

• Like 4

Hoax phone call

Did anyone else like me hear this story and think what????? Having had a relative in hospital recently I found it quite difficult to get information over the telephone (mind you it was quite hard when stood face to face with staff in the hospital too....but I digress) I am staggered that staff would give out information at all let alone to the queen who although quite influential she is not Kate's next of kin.

I have a feeling there will be a disciplinary hearing coming on for some member of the nursing staff and quite right too :angry:

• Like 1

Its quite shocking isnt it? I imagine someone is in deep trouble!

I was watching the news a couple of nights ago and when the camera zoomed out you could see a whole load of reporters, I wondered if anyone who wanted to go the hospital was put off when they thought about their own privacy and secrecy.

• Like 2

Yes all too tragic waste of a life. How on earth Kate and Will must feel at this is anybody's guess.

If you heard the Australian DJ's practical joke, the impression of the Queen's voice was soooooo bad, but it was the operator who immediately complied with the phone call and put it through to the ward. I expect they were very nervous staff having their royal patient.

I suspect there will be all manner of checks and balances put into place now to stop this ever happening again.

I was so shocked when I heard about this poor nurses death. The DJ's and the station they work for made a statement along the lines of 'no one could have predicted this outcome' but that is the point.....if you play pranks on people you don't know you have no idea of their mental state and how they are going to react so best not to do it in the first place. I hate these comic tenancies to get laughs out of making other people look stupid or small :angry:

• Like 3