Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New Early Years SEF available now

Guest lucyevans

well that's face it Ofsted have to do something for the annual fee don't they...all that cutting and pasting from old SEF to new version keeps them busy :rolleyes:

i know what they are doing to justify their fees - sending me FOUR separate copies of the invoice for my childcare annual fee. What a waste of paper,man power and money and, no, I'm not paying them 4 times

well that's face it Ofsted have to do something for the annual fee don't they...all that cutting and pasting from old SEF to new version keeps them busy :rolleyes:

Not busy enough though heehe!

Glad to hear its now only 3 pages...I'll be hoiking it further to the top of the to do list now With a tad more enthusiasm - don't suppose there's been any acknowledgement the old one was long winded and repetitive!

Hi all

Have been skimming the posts, but really havent posted much on here until now, I just wondered if you could advise me on the best way to fill in the SEF, as bullet points seems so much easier, but I am sure that I have read somewhere that OFSTED dont want bullet points, any suggestions appreciated thanks all

Hi tinks2631. Just fill it in as you wish. It's YOUR self evaluation, not Ofsted's, you don't even have to use their format if you have something of your own that does the same thing.

http://www.ofsted.go...ars-and-child-5

Sorry deleted a part of the link when I quoted so the first one doesn't work!

Couldn't go back and edit!

Scroll to bottom of the page and click on the bit that says download a copy...I'm getting the old one and have searched and can't find the new..

Edited by gingerbreadman

arghhh just read the initial post again and noticed it was flagged up as being old copies on the pdf/word versions...must learn not to just jump straight to clicking links and start reading posts properly!! I was obviously sooo excited to see the new SEF out!

Sorry..please remove/ignore my addled posts!

(going to a corner to wait for the red face to die down...particularly as I must have clicked on the blinking links about 40 times!!

you would think that they would remove the old documents to avoid confusion - and yet we'll get flagged for having a word/terminology out of place

rant over!

Lucy I love you will you have my babies? Without doubt you are a true star I have been trying all day to access our bl**ming (scuse the french) online SEF each time to be met with either "working error" or "are you sure you have the authority to access this".......obviously filling out an online SEF is on a need to know basis and we do not appear to need to know. Also begs the question why you can cut and paste this into a word doc and ofsted aren't able to....methinks an agenda to get those of us who've given up trying to get it online a snuff...either that or their ICT skills need improving!

I have just taken on the task from someone else of sorting the new SEF format and getting it online. I have registered at the government gateway but it is now asking me for the ofsted security token that was sent to us way back in 2008. I have never heard of this :( Does anyone know how I can get hold of this token?

Oh yes....I have one of those situations....except I have the token and the info to log on and it still wont let me in

• Like 1

I've split up the statements of the evaluation schedule (the 'good' judgements)to help with reflecting on practice. They're in the resource library and here:

Thank you too Helen...I'm afraid I cant have your babies as Im already having Lucy's! :P

• 2 weeks later...

You need to login to see the new SEF as the downloadable Word/pdf versions are still the 09 version.

The new one is only 3 pages :-)) and is based on the 3 inspection areas - meeting the needs of children, well being and leadership

http://www.ofsted.go...ars-and-child-5

I've cut & pasted to create a blank version of the new SEF for those of you who can't wait for Ofsted to amend theirs ;-)EARLY YEARS SEF 2012 VERSION.docx

Lucy do you know where exactly you can find the new SEF on ofsteds website? i log into my ofsted account but each time i search for the SEF early years 2012 i just get results with the 2009 version?!

Hi all

Have been skimming the posts, but really havent posted much on here until now, I just wondered if you could advise me on the best way to fill in the SEF, as bullet points seems so much easier, but I am sure that I have read somewhere that OFSTED dont want bullet points, any suggestions appreciated thanks all

Ofsted Do want bullet points as a major part of the SEF, we were told this by our EYSA who was told by an Ofsted inspector. Have also heard this on other trainings I have been on.

Guest lucyevans

Lucy do you know where exactly you can find the new SEF on ofsteds website? i log into my ofsted account but each time i search for the SEF early years 2012 i just get results with the 2009 version?!

It says they are still working on the Word version of the SEF. Currently the only way to view the new version is to login to the Ofsted Online/Government Gateway portal, for which you need a valid Userid & password. If you don't already have these you'll need to Register.

https://online.ofsted.gov.uk/onlineofsted/Default.aspx

HTH,

Lucy

It says they are still working on the Word version of the SEF. Currently the only way to view the new version is to login to the Ofsted Online/Government Gateway portal, for which you need a valid Userid & password. If you don't already have these you'll need to Register.

https://online.ofsted.gov.uk/onlineofsted/Default.aspx

HTH,

Lucy

They couldnt make it more difficult could they.....wonder if being able to actually 'access' the sef is part of the inspection process....

.......a judgement on Managers ICT prowess.....?? In which case I have failed miserably, cos I ask for a paper copy,! : )

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MaryEMac

Can't believe I spent ages at half term updating our SEF (now the old version) . We hadn't done ours online but the inspecter last year was ok with it and by her comments, she had actually read it. At least this one is very much shorter.

Mary

Not still procrastinating about the SEF Sunnyday surely - I saw this and thought of you xD :lol:

Procrastinator's Creed

1. I believe that if anything is worth doing, it would have been done already.

2. I shall never move quickly, except to avoid more work or find excuses.

3. I will never rush into a job without a lifetime of consideration.

4. I shall meet all of my deadlines directly in proportion to the amount of bodily injury I could expect from missing them.

5. I firmly believe that tomorrow holds the possibility for new technologies, astounding discoveries, and a reprieve from my obligations.

6. I truly believe that all deadlines are unreasonable regardless of the amount of time given.

7. I shall never forget that the probability of a miracle, though infinitesimally small, is not exactly zero.

8. If at first I don't succeed, there is always next year.

9. I shall always decide not to decide, unless of course I decide to change my mind.

10. I shall always begin, start, initiate, take the first step, and/or write the first word, when I get around to it.

11. I obey the law of inverse excuses which demands that the greater the task to be done, the more insignificant the work that must be done prior to beginning the greater task.

12. I know that the work cycle is not plan/start/finish, but is wait/plan/plan.

13. I will never put off tomorrow, what I can forget about forever.

14. I will become a member of the ancient Order of Two-Headed Turtles (The Procrastinator's Society) if they ever get it organized.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

I'm shocked Sunnyday that you should have had to resort to this type of work to distract you from the weather. I shall be embarking in the same next week as our 3 years are up now and I haven't yet looked at the new format.

• Like 1

I'm shocked Sunnyday that you should have had to resort to this type of work to distract you from the weather. I shall be embarking in the same next week as our 3 years are up now and I haven't yet looked at the new format.

Not half as shocked as I am! :blink:

Have had a hard time trying to find 'new' things to write - do other people find that?

Have sort of tidied it up a bit and cut out a lot of waffle and that's about it really :blink:

Next step - get it on-line - a big copy and paste session - or will I just type it all again - or will I send a hard copy - decisions, decisions...........

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,everyone, I have Just Joined this " Great " forum, could I please ask about how much content you have filled in the new SEF. section 2, for example ,when my Dev. Worker asked to see mine she insisted that because I had reduced it to one page that it has to be at least 3 pages long ,I've cut out a lot of waffle but I think I've gone too far. Is anyone kind enough to show theirs, I know it's a BIG ask many thanks.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)