Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New Early Years SEF available now

Guest lucyevans

Guest lucyevans

You need to login to see the new SEF as the downloadable Word/pdf versions are still the 09 version.

The new one is only 3 pages :-)) and is based on the 3 inspection areas - meeting the needs of children, well being and leadership

http://www.ofsted.go...ars-and-child-5

I've cut & pasted to create a blank version of the new SEF for those of you who can't wait for Ofsted to amend theirs ;-)EARLY YEARS SEF 2012 VERSION.docx

Edited by lucyevans

Thanks a lot. It looks much more my style. I used to do a formal written SEF years ago, along with continuous action sheets until it got so complicated and just carried on with my continuous improvement action sheets. Luckily our lovely Ofsted inspector liked the way I did things and didn't hold the lack of a formal SEF on the Ofsted website against us.

Guest lucyevans

Thanx for this!! what's your thoughts? It's not got much info on eh?

No, but if you login they have transferred your existing SEF into the new version, so it does cover the same areas, just not in such a long-winded and repetitive way :-)

We had our last inspection last year. Our SEF had been online for months before that but the inspector clearly had not even looked at it. In fact, she quoted things that were definitely NOT in it so I think she must have seen another setting's.

So, does anyone know if it would be better just to have a printed version? At least I could just hand it over when they arrive. I felt like we had done hours of work for nothing.

No, but if you login they have transferred your existing SEF into the new version, so it does cover the same areas, just not in such a long-winded and repetitive way :-)

I can seem to log in, it just keeps sending me back to the home page :huh:

anyone else having this problem?

Guest lucyevans

We had our last inspection last year. Our SEF had been online for months before that but the inspector clearly had not even looked at it. In fact, she quoted things that were definitely NOT in it so I think she must have seen another setting's.

So, does anyone know if it would be better just to have a printed version? At least I could just hand it over when they arrive. I felt like we had done hours of work for nothing.

I would have a printed version and an online version.. you may have a different inspector next time who will have read it before the visit.

Also inspected last year - I asked the inspector "have you a copy of our SEF" - she said that she had read it online but hadn't printed it - I made sure she took a printed copy with her when she left........this one one of my better ideas! :rolleyes: We knew from feed back that we had been judged as 'Good' with some 'Outstanding' elements - when the report came through there were more areas judged as outstanding than we were expecting :1b - obviously we were delighted with this :1b really believe that giving her a printed copy played a part in this...

I'm just interested to know who had to sit there and copy & paste everyone's on to new format....and more worrying would be deciding where the info in previous boxes a to m fit into just 3 boxes now......worse than trying to cross ref old eyfs onto new....I actually feel sorry for them, bet they wished they'd never started ;-)

Has anyone checked theirs yet.......the chances of me finding the info to log in now is quite remote.

Edited by mouse63
  • Like 1

I'm just interested to know who had to sit there and copy & paste everyone's on to new format....and more worrying would be deciding where the info in previous boxes a to m fit into just 3 boxes now......worse than trying to cross ref old eyfs onto new....I actually feel sorry for them, bet they wished they'd never started ;-)

Has anyone checked theirs yet.......the chances of me finding the info to log in now is quite remote.

Just done that mouse - I found the site quite confusing - but hey that's probably just me..........

So briefly - they have moved text - i.e. under 'Your priorities for Improvement' - it says......

'We have moved the text you entered in th *Provision Quality (Priorities for Improvement)* text box, in your previous saved or submitted SEF to this section'

and so on........and so on.......

Does that help?

That's sunnyday, last did my online sef when it first came in to being, will try and find log in details but as it was under old reg I doubt it still exists, it's like our last report they removed that immediately but still not done new inspection to replace so you end up with no available reports for months.

That's sunnyday, last did my online sef when it first came in to being, will try and find log in details but as it was under old reg I doubt it still exists, it's like our last report they removed that immediately but still not done new inspection to replace so you end up with no available reports for months.

Think it will be there mouse - mine was! :1b

Just done that mouse - I found the site quite confusing - but hey that's probably just me..........

So briefly - they have moved text - i.e. under 'Your priorities for Improvement' - it says......

'We have moved the text you entered in th *Provision Quality (Priorities for Improvement)* text box, in your previous saved or submitted SEF to this section'

and so on........and so on.......

Does that help?

Sunnyday, how did you get to find yours??

I tried via the link given at the beginning of this post, but it doesn't seem to work for me.

Sunnyday, how did you get to find yours??

I tried via the link given at the beginning of this post, but it doesn't seem to work for me.

Hmmmmm.............thumper that was this morning - you can't expect me to remember this afternoon :blink: xD :lol: xD No seriously I think I just put Ofsted portal into a search engine and then used my log in details - I was completely confused at first as I could only find my last submitted SEF but somewhere on the left there is an option that allows you to find the SEF that 'they' have altered for you.........HTH

• Like 1

Just out of interest we are going to be doing sef from November! What areas does ur cover?

Hi Sox - check out the first post - Lucy has put our new SEF on as a word document - this new one is quite different to the previous one...........so is the first time that you have had to 'do' a SEF in NI?

Yes am a little stressed at the mo! We get inspected annually! Got a letter to say we are changing inspection process from nov! Training not available for 2 weeks and we are already overdue inspection!

Edited by Sox

Yes am a little stressed at the mo! We get inspected annually! Got a letter to say we are changing inspection process from nov! Training not available for 2 weeks and we are already overdue inspection!

AARRGGHHHHHHH - annually - flippin' heck - you poor things :blink:

Thanks, I've logged in a and found it all, no problem. Deleted all the bits that ask to be deleted and printed it out to scribble on and chop out repetitive bits. Submitted it as it is for now, just in case it doesn't remember all the changes so far!

• Like 1

Guest lucyevans

Spent most of the day on mine re-writing bits and adding headings that fit with each of the Criteria described in the inspectors Evaluation Schedule (pages 6, 10 & 12). Hopefully that will make it easier for the inspector when s/he is grading me.

This is the guidance from the online sef - don't think it is available yet without a login. Revised SEF guidance - Oct 2012.docx

Lucy

Thanks Lucy - I meant to get that while I was in there but didn't so that's really helpful :1b

Like Cait I just submitted the one that 'they' had altered - that will do for now - I need to 'prioritise' and the SEF is certainly not top of the 'to do' list

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)