Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New Article: Ofsted Inspection Framework

Helen

Thank you for this. As we were inspected last week and awaiting report I am unable to make an informed comment in the new process. All I can say is they certainly tracked two children and then wished to see supporting evidence of progress made, or any intervention implemented to aide best outcomes. I am all for Ofsted coming unannounced but twice in less than a year, is too much. Just to say we only had the second one due to a new re-registration. Good luck to everybody due a visit soon. Although I gather everyone is back in the pot so the 3/4 year rule may not apply.

This may sound a daft question.... But the ofsted information that you have kindly posted, is that just for per schools etc or will FS classes in a school undergo that ofsted format as well? I have been working on data all day so my mind is in another place so when I can across this I just had to ask! I have seen the ofsted outline etc for schools but there wasn't much detail about eyfs so I am now wondering if the format you have posted would be what they would judge reception classes on?! Sorry if this sounds a silly question!

This information is primarily for pre-schools, nurseries and childminders; it arose from recent training I attended. However, the EYFS is statutory for reception classes obviously so the content is relevant, but I'm afraid I don't have any information on the inspection framework for schools. Sorry :( Maybe a lovely reception teacher will come along and help us out here!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You're very welcome :1b

I've just put together the statements from the outstanding criteria into three documents that might help with self-evaluation:

I'll also put them in the resource library.

Meeting the needs .....outstanding.docx

wellbeing ....outstanding.docx

The effectiveness of lship outstanding.docx

• Like 3

This may sound a daft question.... But the ofsted information that you have kindly posted, is that just for per schools etc or will FS classes in a school undergo that ofsted format as well? I have been working on data all day so my mind is in another place so when I can across this I just had to ask! I have seen the ofsted outline etc for schools but there wasn't much detail about eyfs so I am now wondering if the format you have posted would be what they would judge reception classes on?! Sorry if this sounds a silly question!

Schools are inspected under a different Act (Education Act 2005) to registered provision (Children's Act 2006 I think). Although they provide the EYFS, this is alongside the NC and they will be inspected against the Section 5 framework. All the judgements however are relevant to EYFS:

Achievement of pupils

Quality of teaching

Behaviour and safety of pupils

Quality of Leadership and management.

The overall effectiveness is judged from these 4 outcomes.

The inspectors will be looking at the delivery of the EYFS but against the Section 5 criteria, as they are not inspecting the schools delivery of 1 curriculum/framework but 2. The EYFS in a school is just part of it's overall responsibilty. The success or weakness of any one of upto 3 phases in a Primary school can cause an inadequate judgement as it is the overall efffectiveness of the school as a whole that matters, not just one particular phase.

Cx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)