Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Rain

Rea

How's the rain for everyone? The news shows it being bad for a couple of days yet.

I've even gone shopping today wearing my pink flowered wellies and son's massive kagoul. As you can imagine, I looked very elegant.

Now I'm off into the garden to clean and dry the ferrets pen. I might take a whistle!

• Like 1

Sideways rain here :( not my sort of weather at all..........and further to that - I might thump the next person who says "well we could do with it" :oxD :lol: xD

xD

The words 'doesnt look like its stopping any time soon' came out of my mouth in Wilko's. What on earth...?? :blink: xD

I actually love wearing my wellies and this is just the weather I prefer. I feel like I can do anything as I stride the pavements in my wellies, what a wonderful invention is the Wellieboot, :D

lots overnight... none yet today.

but a lot of the roads out of the village are flooded.. tried to go one way ended up having to turn round and go a different way... it was really quite deep and flooding down off the fields... later trying to get home the local village had 3 fire engines pumping out and water was coming up drains instead of down... will have to choose my route carefully for the next few days.. both ways out of here can get flooded at some point..

forecast for here though is showers now not the deluge set for the rest of the country.

lots overnight... none yet today.

but a lot of the roads out of the village are flooded.. tried to go one way ended up having to turn round and go a different way... it was really quite deep and flooding down off the fields... later trying to get home the local village had 3 fire engines pumping out and water was coming up drains instead of down... will have to choose my route carefully for the next few days.. both ways out of here can get flooded at some point..

:o :o :o

Its still raining here. Had a fun wet playtime, and the noisy children have had a wet lunchtime too. We were cold at school today too, no heating, even have switches to turn them on or off. I'm now back home in the study, turned up the heating but it seems not to heat up. Oh well will have to do some gcse biology studying in the front room where the fire is.

The weatherman said its to be like this in my area today and tomorrow, joy an afternoon with a noisy year 3 in prospects for me then! And I can't even wear wellies so my dogy work boots will have to do until I get some new work boots. My feet got wet walking up to the car in the carpark at lunchtime.

Bring back that sunny weather even if its cold with it. I hate cold rainy days.

I'm now back home in the study, turned up the heating but it seems not to heat up. Oh well will have to do some gcse biology studying in the front room

I had my first biology class last week and I must say I love it! Can't wait till later :)

don't mind the rain-it's the freezing cold wind that comes with it that prevents me doing half of the stuff I would like with the children-been that bad here that the wind with the driving rain has knocked some of my reception chn over!! risk assessment says......don't go outside today!!

I always keep the outside door to my classroom open except in the most extreme conditions. I hadn't made any decisions about going out this morning but when they arrived one of my most 'active' little boys went to close the door and no one wanted to go out all day! No one was stopping them, they just didn't want to - I think it said it all!

• Like 1

One of my boys asked with a sigh this afternoon "But where has the sun gone?" - Although we haven't had it that bad I think that summed it up for us, along with the cheer that arose when the teacher on break duty said she had had enough and was offering to do duty outside even though it was still raining. Poor things can't understand why they can play out in the rain during class but not at playtime - I'm not really sure myself.

I had my first biology class last week and I must say I love it! Can't wait till later :)

I'm doing it via private tuition which consists of me doing a unit of work (answering the questions) then answering the end of unit questions and emailing my answers to the tutor, then going in for tuition when i need it. Much cheaper especially when my nearest college taught science over 2 nights (1 was taken up by guides) then the next nearest was full. The other college was on a Tuesday night. So got left with one option which is what I am doing.