Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

How It Is Worked Out- Payments

klc106

We have recently been validated to be able to recieve NEF.

It may sound silly but how do they work out how much money you get on the initial payment date and then the final payment date?

We only had one child who was entitled to it last term.

Thanks

In our county we get a letter to ask us to give a rough idea of how many children we are expecting to have on the register and for how many hours. They work out their initial payment based in this and then, when we tell them what we actually do have they adjust the second half of the payment up or down to make the correct overall payment

• Like 3

Hi klc106 if you have been validated you should have received a contract with your your LA, this should clearly state how it should work in your area. I know our LA are fantastic in answering any queries you might have. In our area they take the term befores data and then we give them actual head count figures in the beginning of the next term. Just a pointer do keep all your declaration forms signed by parents as these maybe audited at any time. :)

Ohhhhhhh I hate those parent decs, a waste of time, paper and ink every term, spend so much time chasing them up (even with a deadline date saying they'll be invoiced) and half the ones returned haven't actually turned over and signed or haven't put anything on them apart from child's name ....and I could have done that myself ! Surely there has to be a better way, maybe only update if any details/hours attending change

Ohhhhhhh I hate those parent decs, a waste of time, paper and ink every term, spend so much time chasing them up (even with a deadline date saying they'll be invoiced) and half the ones returned haven't actually turned over and signed or haven't put anything on them apart from child's name ....and I could have done that myself ! Surely there has to be a better way, maybe only update if any details/hours attending change

Mouse I know what you mean, these days I fill out as much of it as I can, then hand them over to Key Persons who give them to parents and have a pen handy for them to be signed, by the end of the week we pretty much have them all done.

• Like 1

Birmingham take the estimated numbers and pay about 80% of the full payment into the bank, then when we send the actual numbers they adjust the remainder accordingly.

This has just reminded me I've got to sort out the estimate ready to send on August 23rd.

I'm with you there mouse - always have to chase a few - always the same parents - always leads to much muttering to myself!!! xD

• Like 1

Mouse I know what you mean, these days I fill out as much of it as I can, then hand them over to Key Persons who give them to parents and have a pen handy for them to be signed, by the end of the week we pretty much have them all done.

Yep- this I was I do too :huh: Quicker in the long run.

xx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)