Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Transition Reports

I have started writing mine today, I won't print it for another couple of weeks though so can add in any bits that need adding :) I've vowed not to leave everything until the last few weeks this year so I can actually enjoy their last few weeks with us :)

Doing ours on 29th june, we go to a spa, hire a conference room, have breakfast rolls and coffee and all sit down together and do them, have a lovely lunch and then spend the afternoon being pampered in the spa with maybe the odd glass of champagne. Surprisingly we don't find them a chore

Hope my staff don't read that max321.

Ours are already done and signed by parents ready to post off next week. I think the council must of sent the forms to us early this year. But it may help if the school have them before they set classes. Most years when I hear which children are in a class together, I think humm.

max321, am an extremely jealous! I am a school nursery teacher sat here currently writing 78 reports to parents before I even start to think about transition reports for the reception teachers!

Suppose at least it gives me something to do whilst the football is on!

X

Ours a just done, before half term. We will then post them to the schools next week. Must say though not like the transition forms that the LEA send us. We have adapted them but still not ever so happy with them. Can see that this will have to be a mini project for next year !!

Ours a just done, before half term. We will then post them to the schools next week. Must say though not like the transition forms that the LEA send us. We have adapted them but still not ever so happy with them. Can see that this will have to be a mini project for next year !!

...with you on that one Suer, I don't do the Kent ones either and have come up with my own. We might start a revolution, you never know!!

Where do I sign up! xD

we are getting ours ready now -as we are having parent meetings in 2 weeks time (they have to sign them) then we will have a meeting with our primary school to go through them 2 weeks after that.

...with you on that one Suer, I don't do the Kent ones either and have come up with my own. We might start a revolution, you never know!!

blimey, the schools here only accept the 'proper' forms and would not even look at anything I could produce my self, which would not be difficult as ours still use the old colour coded format of the original foundation stage i.e. orange, green, blue and grey. Ridiculous

We don't actually do translation reports! Shock Horror!!!

Our schools ask for us not to do them........ Our main feeder school likes to come in see the children, then look through their learning journey stuff and that's it.

We do do a little booklet thingy directly with the children, likes dislikes etc which we encourage the parents to share with schools.

In the mean time- unless we are asked to do them we are not going start. We do have all the developmental summary sheets though- so they could have those, and if I were clever enough I could just print off a report from PRAMs.

XXx

we do them and teachers visit the children, well most of them do.

Girls/ guys the revolution starts on here :)

i talk to many teachers who like the 121 chit chats, we need a sheet that these chit chats can be written down. Nothing that is long like a story or that is only 3 words and means nothing.

we do also ask parents to share their LJ with the new teacher.

We have in the past photocopied the last few pages/last half terms pages (with parental permission) ang given them to the teacher to look at/keep to give her a flying start in settling the new children.

Sadly last year they weren't welcomed when we offered. :( It seems such a shame to have all that information consigned to a memory box in an attic when it can form part of the children's continuing journey.

Hopefully this year they wll be valued again. ^_^

We do 121 with the teacher too, in the setting, while the child is there. And this year, for the first time we have invited the teacher in to meet our parents informally too.

Edited by Guest

• right something else to add to list , I have never done these so was expecting to do own transition reports - does anyone have template they can share please , ;) just to give idea of what you put in and how much

I've got one in resources library, look in there under transition, or it's in the latest learning journey whatnot that I've alsoput in there

Right I don't know how to quote other folks post - but you can sign up here Sunnyday if you like.

I have attached my ROT, a snap shot of each of the areas of learning and something about each child's character.

After all where our LA think we should put important things on their six point scale I don't know. Things like a child doesn't like getting hands dirty, or doesn't like people getting too close or is anxious about using a toilet unless the door is open and someone keep talking to them so they know they are not alone.

We meet with our feeder teachers, and I have always had complements on this (doing it since 2009), they turn it over and write notes from our conversation if they need to.

I have conceded (well last year anyway) and done the six point scale only becuase the poor old teachers beg me to so that they can use the number as their starting figure so that they can prove progress for FS profile. I'm very kind like that really. But they do say that they know so much more about the children that come from us when they start.

Would anyone else like to share what they do, I'd love to have a peak - thank you.

eeek, I forgot to add we also discuss these with parents and give them a chance to add to it - haven't got doc on my home computer so quickly put this together (from memory) and forgot the parent input. sorry

ROT 2012.docx

Edited by Pimms o'clock?
  • Like 1

http://eyfs.info/for...rney-paperwork/ there's the link to my Learning Journey paperwork, the transition paperwork is at the end

I like yours Cait and we used to do something along these lines but the feeling I got from the teachers, in my area anyway, was that they wanted it on one sheet of paper, hence what I attached. (Going back to the days when teachers got far too much from us and never got around to looking at it = disheartened pre-school practitioners)

Thanks for sharing

...and I think I have worked out how to quote!!!

In Kirklees we have to do the LA transition forms as a preschool to pass on to local nursery. If we don't then it will effect our NEF. Nursery school have told us that they do their own assessments 8wks into the term so transition forms not that important and they don't want look listen note documents that key workers in my setting have used to track key children. Makes we wonder why we Beeping bother as they don't value the work we do! :angry:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)