Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

2000 Posts!

catma

Well here it is, I'm at 1,999 posts so this must be my 2000th post. I thought I'd give it it's own little thread so it didn't get lost, although it did nearly go to Maz to say Happy birthday but I guess 2001 can do that just as well.

I've been a member of the Forum for a very long time, nearly 8 years and appear to spend most of my time in school curriculum and general issues, which seems about right. 2000 doesn't seem that many for nearly 8 years (0.7 posts a day!) but hopefully it's quality not quantity when I do post.

2000 posts have taken me past the introduction of the FSP, then EYFSP, curriculum guidance for the Foundation Stage and Birth to three matters, the EYFS in 2008 and 2 different jobs. Now we are on the verge of a new challenge as we grow into the next phase of the marvellous world of under 5s, wherever they may be educated or cared for.

So for my 2000 post, I'd like to raise my EYFSF mug of tea and wish us all well as we look to the future, knowing that whatever comes our way, there will always be someone listening in our own virtual setting.

Cheers

Cx

Edited by catma

Hah - foiled by the FSF peculiarity of not counting posts in the Lounge Catma! Still I think 1999 posts is pretty auspicious as well.

Congratulations and thanks very much for your company and wisdom over the years - you're dead right about the quality thing, and I always look forward to a post of yours! :o

Catma, well done on reaching your nearly 2000 posts..Im sure there is a thread lurking there in the reception/1 forum just waiting for a catma reply.

As it was the forum birthday earlier this week, I spent a wee while thinking about all the changes in that time, both personally and of course in the world of the EY. And still we do what we do best..roll up our sleeves and say 'bring it on.'.

:o Your words of wisdom have certainly made a big difference to a great many people. So whether its 1999 or 2000 posts, they are all valued and applauded. I shall raise a glass in your direction and toast your continued involvement in the forum.

Well done catma on your 2000 posts. As you say, quantity isn't nearly so important as the quality of the post, and as others have said, I always look forward to reading what you have to say about any topic.

What I like about you is that you've definitely been there, done that and worn the t-shirt proudly! Whenever we need someone to come along and challenge our thinking, or help us clarify our thinking, you're always there with your common sense, practical point of view. You manage to convey your knowledge and experience without ever being patronising or negative. I often wonder if the settings you support know how lucky they are to have you on their side.

Don't ever change! xx

I am very touched and honoured by your comments so thank you. I wasn't seeking praise, merely reflecting on the personal milestone in what has been a very varied journey in the profession, but it's lovely to have such nice things said.

Cx