Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Golden Moments

nickynooblue

Do we have a golden moments thread on the forum because I would like to add my Golden Moment to it!!

Sometimes we are so caught up in paperwork and politics that its all too easy to forget why we do this job but its the 'Golden Moments' that bring us back to reality and keep us smiling.....

So this is my Golden Moment I would like to share with you all...

From September my children have been passionate about superheroes; drawing them, painting them, role playing them - you name it - so it was only fair that this terms topic should be all about wearing our pants over our trousers! When we sat down together to plan we asked the children if there were any trips they would like to go on? 'THE BATCAVE' they said --- how do you supply a batcave? So after some thinking my TA and I found a local place where you can travel through the caves in a guided tour. We smugly announced we were off to the batcave; they danced around excitedly and cheered; however, our smugness was short lived as it came to light that in fact it was excitement at the prospect of meeting batman they were celebrating and not so much going to the cave!! How do you tell 4 and 5 year olds that he wont be there on that day; he will be off crime fighting???? Back to the drawing board - it was then that we had a brainwave but we had no clue how well it would be received - the outcome -- tomorrow we are all travelling to the batcave--- and when we collect our lanterns we will be greeted by batman and robin in person!! How many headteachers do you know would be happy to don a pair of yellow tights and a mask to make these children's day!!!!??? And lets hope one of my children doesn't realize that on his days off her daddy is actually Batman!!! I can NOT wait to see their faces!!!!!!!!!!!

Nicky

And lets hope one of my children doesn't realize that on his days off her daddy is actually Batman!!! I can NOT wait to see their faces!!!!!!!!!!!

Just brilliant!

Reminds me of a pre-school Christmas party years ago when it was the custom for the Minister (the group was based in a church hall) would come and give out presents to the children dressed as Santa.

Said Minister was really good, and played his part well. The children loved him and were full of questions: where had he left his reindeer and was he sure he knew where they all lived? Until one little girl whose family were members of the church walked up, looked him up and down and then, staring intently into his eyes said. "Santa! Why are you wearing the Minister's trainers?".

No fooling that particular eagle eyed three year old!

I hope your visit goes off swimmingly - what a day to remember for everyone!

Thank you all for your kind words - I just thought I would update you!!!

We turned up at the caves and when we collected our lanterns, the guide begun to show the children a map of the caves including where the bat mobile was kept!!! Suddenly a dark figure swiftly moved passed the door and the children all gasped. In walked batman and robin and the kids just starred - never heard them so quiet!!!! Batman and robin wAlked around the caves and then did a q and a session - at the end telling them to be 'super' good at school!!! They have not stopped talking about it and no one guessed it was our head and one of the dads. A brilliant brilliant day!!!!!

Just want to say that i think you and your TA are the real Superheroes for going with what the children want and being able to take it to new levels by not allowing anything get in the way of organising such a wonderful trip , too often at schools the norm trips are expected and too many teachers are too scared to be a little different , so well done to you and your team and may you continue to inspire your children and be inspired by them :o

Just want to say that i think you and your TA are the real Superheroes for going with what the children want and being able to take it to new levels by not allowing anything get in the way of organising such a wonderful trip , too often at schools the norm trips are expected and too many teachers are too scared to be a little different , so well done to you and your team and may you continue to inspire your children and be inspired by them :o

[/quot

Thank you for your kind words but I am very lucky to have a headteacher who allows us to go on these trips. Nicky

• 3 weeks later...

just wanted to add a golden moment of my own....child who has recently started with us has spent the last year in another nursery, Mum concerned about her and thought we might be a better option for her. Had the SALT team ring me to say she has not said a word at the other nursery in a YEAR!!......she spoke to my colleague on Thursday....when Mum was told she cried and brought us a big box of biscuits on Friday.

She only said a couple of words but it signifies a huge step for her :o