Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

End Of Year Pressies Any Bright Ideas?

Hi I alsways like to give my children a little something at the end of the year and my TA and I have previously got books from the book people and shared the cost but this year the book selection they have is not inspiring us. What does anyone else give for end of year presents?

Deb

Last year I printed and laminated a personalised (named) goodbye poem and on the back I put a picture they had drawn of themself and a name card they had written. This year I might put an A5 size class photo on the back as well.

They were well received and didn't cost anything (apart from printer ink, paper and laminate).

Last year I printed and laminated a personalised (named) goodbye poem and on the back I put a picture they had drawn of themself and a name card they had written. This year I might put an A5 size class photo on the back as well.

They were well received and didn't cost anything (apart from printer ink, paper and laminate).

Mine have done similar - they have drawn their friends.......I have laminated these - they will go into their gift bag- along with their Learning Journey folder, book, Leaver's certificate.......

We hav taken a photo of each leaver wearing a graduation hat (we are pre-school) and printed off and put in a keyring with name of pre-school and year on the back, will put these in their folder with certificate, learning journey etc.

Kris

Hi. Have you a copy of the personalised poem that you use? I always print a class photo for every child but a poem to go with it would be great.

Brownie x

We order plain t-shirt for them to decorate. They seem to enjoy doing it.

Have decided to do this this year, bought some t shirts today in M&S, 3 for £4. already had some t shirt transfer paper, so printed of our pre-school name and Class of 2011, will iron those on tomorrow night and then let the children mad with fabric pens later this week!

Girl_poem.doc

Here's a copy of a girl's one, I change the name to blue for boys and obviously write 'special boy' on the first line. At the bottom, I add mine and TA's name and the school name.

Thank you for putting this on here. It's a great poem...what a great gift. Thanks again.

Brownie x

Thanks Millhill, I am going with the poem and on the back I will put a selection of photos of the child. I love the idea of giving the child the photos from the year on a disc and certainly intend to put this in place for next year. Thanks for all your ideas

Deb

• 1 month later...

I just stumbled across this called 'student letter goodbye' on the Microsoft download site. It might be useful at the end of the year when people are looking for something different to use.

The poem reads

It is time to say goodbye our year is at an end

I've made more cherished memories and many more new friends

I've watched you learn and grow and change from day to day

I hope that all the things we've done have helped in some small way

So its with happy memories that I send you out the door

With great hope and expectations for what next year holds in store

That's nice Maz, think I'll save that for next time! Might be nice printed on A3 with staff handprints round

I like that idea Cait. Especially as most practitioners would love to get their hands in the paint when the children do...!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)