Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Summer Holiday Tasks

Cait

Only 13 more get ups. campbells and I were talking about it today. I think we've been in denial a bit, but now it is beginning to be very real. I really need to get on with disposing of stuff and cleaning out cupboards. Procrastination seems a much better option!

My lsit seems to be the same every summer

Update SEF

Do the skeleton planning

Update the website

Plan for new starters

Clear out and tidy up

Redo all display boards

Change room layout

Scrub and tidy outside area

Finish the accounts

Update policies and procedures

Clear up the mess caused by my maternity leave replacement! :o (profiles not done, room a mess, resources all muddled, standards seriously slipped) AND still find time to enjoy my little girl before I return to work full-time in September!

I was going to say not much at all, but I think continuing the job hunt will be quite high up there, and trying to balance the books for the coming year to see how much longer we can continue. However I must say that is a much shorter, if no less achievable list than the last few summers.

Having read all your lists....... I'm with Hali!!!!!! xD

I have NO assignments to finish as I've completed my FD

my SEF, policies and procedures, and paperwork are up to date (a benefit from recent Ofsted)

I'm going to read the EYFS consultation tonight, sleep on it and respond tomorrow while my lovely daughter plays with the one minded child here - the joy of having her company every day until she starts 6th Form :o

and I'm going to award myself a break!!!!!!! 2 weeks away with the family and 2 days off a week until Sept.....

BECAUSE I'M WORTH IT :(

Nona

Only 13 more get ups. campbells and I were talking about it today. I think we've been in denial a bit, but now it is beginning to be very real. I really need to get on with disposing of stuff and cleaning out cupboards. Procrastination seems a much better option!

I'll be thinking of you - I have been there.' Head in Sand' hoping for a last minute reprive in my case!

MOve all of our preschool stuff out of temporary accomodation into another temporay storage until beginning of august to them moeve again into our new building,

build furniture

laminate

staple

planning

registers

more laminating

more stapling

panick attack

nervous breakdown

find space for equipment

skip tatty stuff

realise that not enough storage

so panic again

try to purchase extra storage

realise not enough room for extra storage

rock quiety in a corner somewhere

smile sweetly and open the doors of the new preschool!!!! :oxD:( :( :( :wacko: xD

• Like 1

we're getting the decorators in - seemed like a good idea at the time but ohhhh dear think about all the stuff to move and clear out, then put back and organise - what summer!!!??

we're getting the decorators in - seemed like a good idea at the time but ohhhh dear think about all the stuff to move and clear out, then put back and organise - what summer!!!??

• 1 year later...

No list for me this year. Since there's no assignments need doing, or a guide unit to prepare for (looks like it may close due to lack of interest).

Think my to do list will be....go on holiday, come back have an eye operation the following week. Then spend the rest of summer recovering from the after effect. Just hope I can see to do things.

Last yr I had started my chemo but still went in to do some odd jobs we had already had training/meetings for the new EYFS. My deputy who is now manager will be co managing with myself in Sept if the doc says I'm fit enough to go back. I will go in over hols to do some bits I think my co manager should too not sure how to broach this yet she is quite rightly fierce about her family time. We will be doing the majority of what everyone else does. My life balance has changed I do not want to go back to doing it all like I have in the past technically I am still on sick leave maybe I will play that card and put on a straw hat and chill.

Last yr I had started my chemo but still went in to do some odd jobs we had already had training/meetings for the new EYFS. My deputy who is now manager will be co managing with myself in Sept if the doc says I'm fit enough to go back. I will go in over hols to do some bits I think my co manager should too not sure how to broach this yet she is quite rightly fierce about her family time. We will be doing the majority of what everyone else does. My life balance has changed I do not want to go back to doing it all like I have in the past technically I am still on sick leave maybe I will play that card and put on a straw hat and chill.

Get that straw hat out - that's an order!!! xD