Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsted Changed Address?

Hi folks, I've not been on much recently so this may already have been covered but I've just noticed this new address on some correspondence to a setting, publicised on 'recent reports'

Ofsted

Piccadilly Gate

Store Street

Manchester

M1 2WD

Has OFSTED moved and i'm oblivious...AGAIN!!

hope everyone's well and keeping their heads above water with everything!

on closer inspection (no pun intended!) it seems to be tagged to 'creche' type facilities in leisure centre type accommodation...but the inspectors I recognise complete daycare inspections.

Guess I should visit the website...

YIP, it would appear they have!!

Does anyone else not get informed of these things??? when the shoes on the other foot we get hauled over the coals lol

Gently stepping down off the soap box for fear of slipping!

At our last but one inspection I was hauled over the coals as our complaints procedure had the wrong address for Ofsted. Again, Ofsted had never told us of the change, as indeed they haven't this time, so thanks Gingerbread man, I am off to update my complaints policy straight away.

It really is incredible they they don't notify all providers of changes of contact details.

Hi Gingerbread Man,

Thanks for this. It is so frustrating how Ofsted do these things to us. As they are overdue to come and "visit" us I hope they're not waiting for me in the morning just to check if they've caught me out!!!

Actually, I feel a visit to work this afternoon coming on!

Sharky.

bless you all...you've made me feel loads better by knowing i'm not the only one to be the last to know!!

Marley you are so brave, approaching them directly!!

I have an issue with their parents poster too...that they basically invite parents to overlook our complaints procedure i.e approach us first and go direct to them. grrr!

Cait - we didn't get notified either - found out on the good old forum - maybe this site should have a link on theirs lol!!

I am just updating our Policies and Procedures and noticed this. When did it happen????

So much to keep updated with, you really would think that they would let us know these things!

Ah well another great reason to log on regularly to this fantastic forum.

Thanks all

Debbie

Guest Spiral

I quite like HappyMaz' idea of performing an inspection upon them - that'd be a great topic!

:(:( :wacko: xD :rolleyes: Spiral :oxD:(

Maybe we should all go and inspect their new premises to make sure they're suitable? xD Hope they've fully risk assessed!

Please can I come?

I'd REALLY like to give my judgement on their effectiveness of partnerships, their engagement with parents and carers and MOST IMPORTANTLY their capacity to maintain continuous improvement! :o

Nona

I'd REALLY like to give my judgement on their effectiveness of partnerships, their engagement with parents and carers and MOST IMPORTANTLY their capacity to maintain continuous improvement!

Nona that's priceless!!

Hi

Got my reply from OFSTED!

Thank you for your e-mail.

In response to your enquiry the Parents Poster will be updated in due course but in the meantime the mail is being forwarded from our old address to the new address and will continue to be forwarded for a further two years.

I hope you find this information helpful.

Going to have to put sticky label on then (especially as OFSTED coming next week for suitable person interview!!)

Mind you i keep having to check that they have all the right info for the committee. Letter gone to old chair. I have just called and said sent EY3 telling them chaange in committee and change to nominated personold chair still on committee but doesnt want to be nominated anymore)....they checked it......oh yes!!! They,ve now changed it! Just what is the point eh?

Edited by marley

here's the link to the poster, but, hmm, that looks like the old address to me!!!!

thats the one i have been keeping an eye on...back to the sticky label then :o

Has anyone been given two years grace to change anything on a document placed before an inspector?

I wonder what is happening about the email service many of us signed up for, I have never received one update in the last six years. What is going on? Oh the government cuts didn't go far enough

Has anyone been given two years grace to change anything on a document placed before an inspector?

I wonder what is happening about the email service many of us signed up for, I have never received one update in the last six years. What is going on? Oh the government cuts didn't go far enough

:oxD:( :(

ditto about the emails

Marley...I'd be tempted to say don't bother with the sticky labels - although it shows you keep up to date it sounds as if the mail will eventually reach them - but at what cost from our taxes?? poor post people! Don't suppose they said when the change occurred?

How much will the re-branding cost - are they donating their unused, old addressed stationary to settings for the mark making areas?

Edited by gingerbreadman

I've just recieved my registration certificate from OFSTED and a parents poster was included with this address on:

The National Business Unit

Ofsted

The Royal Exchange Buildings

St Anne's Square

Manchester, M2 7LA

Is this the correct address?

Funnily enough I had to ring Ofsted today, as I was about to send them an EY3 form (downloaded from their site today) only to realise that it still had the Royal Exchange address. Ofsted reiterated what Marley's email said about the post being forwarded for 2 years from M2 to M1. However, when I asked Ofsted what to do about uodating documents, posters, policies etc the advisor told me to wait until we had recieved official notification from Ofsted. I had to stop myself from laughing out loud at this point. Notification from Ofsted? When did that last happen!!!!! All my documents would be totally out of date if I waited for Ofsted to tell me to update them!

Guest lucyevans

This afternoon I spoke to Ofsted re. their change of address... they moved 2 weeks ago and all mail is being forwarded to them. They will update the Parents Poster as soon as they can (he said lol).

Lucy