Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Farewell And Thank You!

Dear All,

My subscription has just expired (they've kindly let me back on to post this) and I've decided not to renew. Obviously this is not because this site isn't useful, but because it strikes me that this is the moment to break my addiction to the FSF!! I work from home, so it is hard not to get distracted and the FSF takes up much more of my time than it should I'm afraid.

I'm also trying to wean my setting off having me as Chair, as it is looking likely that we are moving abroad for a couple of years and I need to hand over to someone else before I go.

Anyway, before going I just wanted to say a huge THANK YOU to all the wonderful people on here who have helped me in so many ways. A very special thank you has to go to Rea and Sunnyday who have kept me smiling when times are hard, and big thanks also to HappyMaz, Cait, SueR and Bridger, we might not always have agreed but it has been great fun arguing with you! Thanks also to Devonmaid for the pms and to everyone else who has ever offered me words of advice or support.

It's been a pleasure!

Suzie xx

:o

Oh no! Good bye and good luck with getting some... well I can't say work/life balance, maybe I can say volunteering/life balance back in your life!

We'll miss you and your thoughtful contributions to open debate. Thank you for keeping us all on our toes and making us think about our views and feelings about so many issues.

I hope your group manages to find someone as dedicated and hardworking as you for their next chair. Good luck in your foreign adventure - sounds very exciting!

Take care

Maz

Goodness me that is a bolt out of the blue! I wonder how your group will manage without such a dedicated and talented Chair? I just hope abroad means somewhere sunny!

I wish you all the best for your future and you will be very much missed on here.

Hi Suzie

Really sorry you're leaving us. I always enjoyed and looked out for your contribution to the informed debate!

Your setting have been very lucky to have your support these past years, but all good things come to an end.

Good luck and best wishes for the future.

Oh no xD I'm going to miss you :( I always enjoy reading your posts :o

Bit of a shock! But I wish you luck and hope that everything goes to plan for you and you get some 'chill-out' time :(

Take care - big hugs from me too x

:o NO!!!

Oh my!

Who the heck can I compare notes with as chair?

I've learnt loads from you Suzie. I'll miss your thoughts, ideas and your knowledge aswell as your empathy and humour.

Have a wondeful time abroad and if you get time, please tell me how to be an ex chair. A postcard will do, you can send it to:

The Chair,

(the frazzled looking woman with no delegation skills),

Usually in front of a computer,

Next to the pile of invoices to be written,

Under the pile of people to phone regarding new starters,

With the list of jobs to be done last week,

Birmingham.

xD