Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Royal Wedding

Cait

It doesn't have to be religious to be an important part of our culture. I'm not in the slightest bit interested in this wedding myself but we have a long history of celebrating these events and as such it is surely appropriate that we do so on this occasion with the children in our care.

I, too, remember the Silver Jubilee street party and the decorations on many houses for Prince Charles' wedding. I would like to offer the next generation the opportunity to form similar memories and to learn a little about our Royal Family because it is a good link to our history.

What I think about the media bandwagon is another thing entirely!

I didn't really understand what the Queens Silver Jubilee was all about as a child but I remember the party and and all the red. white & blue bunting and I liked my eggcup with the queens picture on it

With all the horrid stuff going on in the world currently isn't it a little bit nice to have something to celebrate if we chose to do so and as so many children watch things like Newsround etc I am sure they will know a wedding is happening even if they don't understand everything about it

Well Suzie, up until now I've always thought we had very similar outlooks on the things we'd shared on here, but now we must differ. :(

I'm a Royalist.

Although not anti parliament in anyway, so I wouldnt fight against you and your roundheads. I just love the pomp a Royal wedding brings and I like the Queen.

We're having a red, white and blue party at playgroup with a bit of a disco and some games. If funds allow (and what are the chances they wont?!) a gift comemorating the event might be nice.

Oh Rea, you're right, we are very similar in many things, but obviously not on this one.

I suspect I'm just practising work avoidance and playing devil's advocate to stir things up. How naughty - smacked wrist for me :(

I'm all for a party, just don't like the way that the media will be ramming it down our throats or the way that some members of the royal family behave.

I do rather like lolo's suggestion of putting the cash on at the bookies for when the divorce happens. We have £7k in our preschool reserve fund. Might be a good way of investing for the future.

Exits swiftly stage left .... :o:(xD

I do rather like lolo's suggestion of putting the cash on at the bookies for when the divorce happens.

I think that view is a little unfair....most couples enter into a marriage with the belief it will be forever...or at least I hope they do. I have now been married for nearly 19 years and lots of my kids friends have divorced parents and as a child from a broken home myself I can honestly say it can be hard at times.

Whether you are a royalist or not I would like to think most people would wish a young couple starting out all the very best for the future.

I'm with you on the media bit. I only like the Queen but Prince Phillip is always one to keep an eye on, the others you can keep athough Charles has grown on me. Until now with William and Harry I havent bothered. The 'Diana years' did it for me, what a circus. :o

We have about the same in the bank, so what odds do we try to get at the bookies? xD

I think that view is a little unfair....most couples enter into a marriage with the belief it will be forever...or at least I hope they do. I have now been married for nearly 19 years and lots of my kids friends have divorced parents and as a child from a broken home myself I can honestly say it can be hard at times.

Whether you are a royalist or not I would like to think most people would wish a young couple starting out all the very best for the future.

:o It was meant as a joke!

Mind you I am quite anti marriage, the product of a split family myself, have never tied the knot with my partner of over 20 years even though we have 2 children. We did once consider it for tax purposes though xD

Rea, we must both congratulate ourselves on our healthy reserve funds, if not our ability to tell good jokes.

I have to agree with Sue, being the product of a happy solid family and married for nearly 38 years myself, I like to think that all marriages are going to succeed. My beef, however, with the wedding is that it's on my husband's birthday so everyone will think we're celebrating something else!!! :o

And we won't even benefit from the day off as neither of us is rostered to work that day anyway xD !

Not sure about mugs but recently did a search on ebay for related items as we are going to do a royal tea party the day before wedding. It came up lots of items icluding some nice ready made goody bags that I am considering. Have already ordered some themed cake toppers & balloons!

• 1 month later...

I thought she looked lovely, and they looked genuinely happy.

We had preschool fun too, with a party for which we made bunting to hang all over the place - children had great fun using staplers for the first time!

They all had some bunting, a union flag, a crown they made and a keepsake magnet to remember the day.

I thought she looked lovely, and they looked genuinely happy.

Oh me too Cait.......I thought she looked absolutely beautiful, as did her sister and the bridesmaids........loved the balcony kisses with the fly past and thought leaving BP in the Aston Martin with the helicopter overhead was genius! :o

Oh me too Cait.......I thought she looked absolutely beautiful, as did her sister and the bridesmaids........loved the balcony kisses with the fly past and thought leaving BP in the Aston Martin with the helicopter overhead was genius! xD

.. me three!! I also loved the dress she wore for the evening reception, surprised we only got a glimpse as she came down the stairs at Clarence house but she looked stunning :o

I was also impressed with the control of the huge crowds as they walked down the mall!

Some great conversation with my pre-school children this morning - so pleased to find that they had all 'watched' the wedding - various locations, parties, picnics etc. all knew the names of the 'handsome prince' and 'beautiful princess' :o - yes, I do know that she is not strictly speaking a princess! xD

Wasn't it good to see Dr Who there, just to ensure that there was no alien invasion or crashed spaceship to deal with.

I didn't spot him mundia - although wasn't it David Icke who said the whole of the Royal Family are aliens?

Over the weekend I made some photograph albums for our children to remind them of our lovely Prince and Princess party that we held on Thursday - hopefully some lovely lasting memories of their last term at nursery! Parents were certainly very impressed today!

Over the weekend I made some photograph albums for our children to remind them of our lovely Prince and Princess party that we held on Thursday - hopefully some lovely lasting memories of their last term at nursery! Parents were certainly very impressed today!

Lovely! :o