Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Royal Wedding

Cait

Does anyone know of a supplier selling these at a sensible price for us to get one for every child? I've had a websearch and not found very sensible prices. Medals come cheap, but I'd really like a mug or something like that

Hi Baker Ross have mugs, but they also have some little teddies which you can have your Pre-school name put on to, think they are approximately £2.50 each for over 50, and they are lovely. xD

Guess who has just completed an order to Baker Ross and didn't see them :(:o

Nice idea Cait - I hadn't given it any thought......

Just don't go for any like this..... wedding mugs

a family heirloom and could they be an investment for the future..

sorry just had to add this.. not seen any reasonable prices ones..

Thtas so funny. I wonder of they'll sell any :o

:( no we haven't got one of those - shame you can't buy online from them! I'd be looking at getting 40 of whatever

I wonder how much they'd cost to post to you Cait? And what condition they'd be in when they get there? :o Maybe you could make Royal Wedding mosaics instead? xD

I'm going to sound like a real party pooper, but are you sure this is a useful way to spend your money? I'm not convinced the children will have a clue that it is going on, they're a bit young for that aren't they?

When I originally read the title, I thought it said 'Royal Wedding Mugs' as in we are mugs for falling for all this dream wedding stuff over again.

Sorry I will skulk back into my corner where any other anti royalists can join me. :o

I'm going to sound like a real party pooper, but are you sure this is a useful way to spend your money? I'm not convinced the children will have a clue that it is going on, they're a bit young for that aren't they?

We had a very similar discussion in our setting when we were approached by a company who run art projects in schools and this year are offering a service where children can make their own mugs to commemorate the royal wedding. In the end we decided that making a mug wasn't a very meaningful way for the children to mark the occasion.

However I guess a commemorative mug is a present that, if looked after, will be a reminder of the event itself as the years go by!

Suzie beat me to it

If my daughter's pre-school had a spare £40 to spend that they couldn't possibly think of a better use for in-house then I would much rather they donated it to charity.

We are a republican household and wouldn't really want a piece of tat commemorating the wedding of 2 people we don't know.

I guess it is also about knowing your parents, isn't it and making a judgement call. I'm sure Cait is fairly certain there aren't any ardent anti-royalists amongst her families because she wouldn't want to waste her hard earned cash on a present that won't be appreciated.

Even if it isn't mugs, which do seem rather expensive for hard pressed settings, I think it is important to do something to acknowledge this celebration. Whether we like it or not, the royal family are part of the UK's cultural heritage and children are going to see and hear a lot about them.

Well, then why not go down to William Hill and put the £40 on a bet for when they will get divorced - a gift for the future children when it comes off?

I guess it is also about knowing your parents, isn't it and making a judgement call. I'm sure Cait is fairly certain there aren't any ardent anti-royalists amongst her families because she wouldn't want to waste her hard earned cash on a present that won't be appreciated.

Absolutely! Parents are really enthusiastic about it - the last thing we want is for things to end up in the bin!

Oh dear , abit shocked by the comments on this subject with ref to children/ Royal family.

If I sent a child of mine to a nursery/preschool, I wouldent want the staffs personal opinions coming in to how or what the children were shown/taught.

(We all celebrate Chinese New Year,Diwali , Pancake day Ect Ect)

This is the Countries Royal family and should be celebrated in some way.Whether anti-royal or not,personal feelings should not come into it

Sorry about rant but shocked by replies, when all Cait did was ask a question about mugs !

It's not a religious celebration though is it, it's a media circus (or it will be, you wait) ... Not quite sure why we should celebrate it, but that wasn't my point. The point was that children of this age will really not know what is going on, just that for some reason the adults are suddenly all wondering about that lady's new dress.

Anyway, I'm not staff, I'm committee and not even a parent, so I feel fully entitled to express my opinions.

No offence to you though, Cait, just wanted to put an alternative viewpoint (as per usual) :o

Well Suzie, up until now I've always thought we had very similar outlooks on the things we'd shared on here, but now we must differ. :o

I'm a Royalist.

Although not anti parliament in anyway, so I wouldnt fight against you and your roundheads. I just love the pomp a Royal wedding brings and I like the Queen.

We're having a red, white and blue party at playgroup with a bit of a disco and some games. If funds allow (and what are the chances they wont?!) a gift comemorating the event might be nice.

Personally i feel the children will know whats going on (albetit they may not understand) it will be everywhere - on news, in media, people discussing it around them - so why not get them involved if nothing else but to hselp them uderstand. I am no royalist but remember the street parties etc for Dianas wedding and it was greaat fun - I work with a variety of settings and can already feel the excitment of them 'doing something different' that week - so i'm all for it!