Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ring Ofsted?

sunnyday

Hi - along with lots of other forum members.....I am waiting for The big O to come a-knocking! :(:o

Had a very successful SIP visit today xD she said "no wonder you want Ofsted to come you are soooo ready" :( then she said "you could always ring them you know" :( "ask them where they are, tell them that you are 'overdue' and eager for them to visit".......

Hmmmm.........not sure about that - wondered what you think........should I, would you?

me? no probably not. Up to them to decide when to come.

just because you are ready what makes you feel you wont be in 6 months time or whenever they decide to call?

i would take the visit as a plus and continue as usual, with a bit less stress because you do know that all is in place... continuing all as usual.. they will come eventually..

well done on the positive feedback..

Well I'd say go for it. If you're as ready as you ever will be for your inspection, then the outcome will be the same whenever they come. Except that the longer the wait goes on, the more likely you are to tinker with things and get more anxious.

Go on, be brave - give them a call! :o

Hi - along with lots of other forum members.....I am waiting for The big O to come a-knocking! :(:o

Had a very successful SIP visit today xD she said "no wonder you want Ofsted to come you are soooo ready" :( then she said "you could always ring them you know" :( "ask them where they are, tell them that you are 'overdue' and eager for them to visit".......

Hmmmm.........not sure about that - wondered what you think........should I, would you?

Wake a sleeping baby? No!!!

However, I was in a similar position and standing at readiness so to speak is stressful and frustrating. You can bet the day you "relax" they will come knocking!

Hi

They came to ours on Friday. No problems. He was really happy with what we are doing. Believe me it is better to have it behind you.

Oh good for you - well done! :ph34r:

me? no probably not. Up to them to decide when to come.

just because you are ready what makes you feel you wont be in 6 months time or whenever they decide to call?

i would take the visit as a plus and continue as usual, with a bit less stress because you do know that all is in place... continuing all as usual.. they will come eventually..

well done on the positive feedback..

You're absolutely right Inge - I need to give myself a 'good talking to'! :(

Well I'd say go for it. If you're as ready as you ever will be for your inspection, then the outcome will be the same whenever they come. Except that the longer the wait goes on, the more likely you are to tinker with things and get more anxious.

Go on, be brave - give them a call! :(

Stop trying to lead me into trouble Maz! :(

Wake a sleeping baby? No!!!

:ph34r:xD :wacko:

Okay, what about this then.

You tell me who you are and where you are and I'll call them for you !!??

Would that make it less painful/easier for you. :o , xD :rolleyes: :unsure:

I'm only trying to be helpful, honest

(Let me know asap and I'll do it first thing in the morning for you.)

Love it! Sounds like a plan to me! :ph34r:;)

...well come on, lets have the details and I'll do the deed tomorrow?

What are you waiting for? :o:(

Yep- you could say "this blessed woman is driving us all mad on our forum, she just keeps wittering on and on and on......." xD

they will only visit when they are ready too or you are flagged amber or red on thier radar! :o

Yeah - I know that really hali......thought that when my SIP made the suggestion! xD

Would just love them to get on with it! :(

There are a couple of really interesting training opps. coming up - I don't needto do either but would very much liketo - it feels unfair to my staff for me to be booking days out of the setting while we are waiting for the big O! :(

There are a couple of really interesting training opps. coming up - I don't needto do either but would very much liketo - it feels unfair to my staff for me to be booking days out of the setting while we are waiting for the big O! :o

Well that's it then - I had booked to do a learning workshop with parents at my local Children's Centre on the day Ofsted turned up. So I'd say book as much training as you can over the next few weeks - they're bound to come on the day you're out!

Well that's it then - I had booked to do a learning workshop with parents at my local Children's Centre on the day Ofsted turned up. So I'd say book as much training as you can over the next few weeks - they're bound to come on the day you're out!

Yep book them - then they will be sure to turn up :o

Sounds like a good plan! xD

My staff would be perfectly capable without me anyway - I have every confidence in them - but they wouldn't see it like that! :(

So what did you do? Did you hot foot it back to your setting.......or were you still there???

So what did you do? Did you hot foot it back to your setting.......or were you still there???

Well fortunately (or unfortunately depending upon your point of view) I generally have to go into nursery to set up before I go out and about so I was still at nursery when the nice lady walked in. I had forwarded my lesson plans and handouts to the CC manager so she was able to take over!

I wouldnt do it. they might see you as a little miss bossy boots telling them when they should be inspecting. It'd be like sending your burger back and risking the chef splitting in it. :o

Sorry of you've just eaten your tea folks xD

I wouldnt do it. they might see you as a little miss bossy boots telling them when they should be inspecting. It'd be like sending your burger back and risking the chef splitting in it. :o

Sorry of you've just eaten your tea folks xD

Very good point Rea! :(

Is this discussion a bit redundant now then, if there is no way you can get Ofsted to come early? Wonder why your SIP suggested it, in that case? :o

I have no idea Maz - she must believe that it would 'work'........as for the discussion I think it's always interesting to hear what others think! xD

I think you have been very patient Sunnyday - and there is still plenty of time until the end of this term - if you remember, my Mrs. O came on the very last day of the Spring Term last year and joined in the Easter Egg Hunt, had the Easter Holidays and returned for morning number 2 and feedback - absolutely delightful. :o

I think you have been very patient Sunnyday - and there is still plenty of time until the end of this term - if you remember, my Mrs. O came on the very last day of the Spring Term last year and joined in the Easter Egg Hunt, had the Easter Holidays and returned for morning number 2 and feedback - absolutely delightful. xD

:o Perish the thought! Waiting 'overnight' for feedback is bad enough! :(:(

We have been overdue since last september and its agony!!! There have been so many days when I have wished they had seen what was going on. I'm betting they will come next week when I have been asked to cover Saint Patricks Day and I'm struggling to make it ....interesting and hands on (expect another thread!)

I so wish I could have telepathically made them arrive on one of the star days but could I ring and ask????? NO despite the agony :o

Slightly different situation here but when we registered to open privately in the afternoons (following on from maintained nursery in the mornings) we were told we would be inspected within 6 months of the REGISTRATION date!!!

We were regsitered in April 2007, opened in September 2007 and thought we would be inspected in October 2007.............

We waited and waited...............

No sign of the O people.

My Head rang them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He explained the situation with us beng newly registered etc and she told him she had NEVER been called by someone to ask why they HADN'T been inspected!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway she told our Head that the inspections were way behind and that it was likely the new setting would be done when school was next done.......

So in May 2008......... when the secretary rang down to nursery to say Ofsted had arrived I did not believe her!!!!!!!!!

Imagine the embarrassment to find the inspector had heard me telling our secretary to stop joking around.......

It turned out fine!

She was lovely and also the person that did my suitable person interview!

We got lot lots of outstandings and the rest were goods with no recommendations.

In February 2009 we got inspected AGAIN as part of the school inspection!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whilst I appreciate the wait is a nightmare...... just do your best for the children everyday and you will be ready no matter when they come calling!!

I just wish, after rigidly sticking to 3 years for a while, there could have been some way to let people know that wasn't likely to happen this time unless there was a problem or change to circumstances, but to be honest I can't see how they could. We've been 'wondering' every morning since last June.

We are almost a year overdue. My EYA showed me a list of local settings, about two thirds were overdue, some by much more than us.

I reckon they have been told to cut costs but it is not being publicised as the media would pounce on it.

To be honest I am past caring when they come, it is so random anyway. Day to day what happens for the children is what is important, all they would do is either validate that we are doing it well, or say we are not and then I would have to have a fight with them. Mind you that sounds quite fun! :o