Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Royal Wedding

Just had the idea of spending 3 days celebrating the Royal Wedding. Has anybody got any plans in their setting? I'm thinking wedding invitations, place name cards, dressing up Kibgs and Queens, making crowns and tiaras, decorating cakes, bringing in wedding photos old and new etc

Yes we are hoping to have ours outside with a street party theme, bunting, flags, hats, crowns and tiaras, dress as prince and princesses for the day [optional], face painting, bouncy castle, traditional games, paint a plate,decorate a biscuit, dancing, and good old party food, including jelly and ice cream [ all low fat and healthy of course] ha ha :o

Well it is a party you know. :(xD:(

I love the idea of old and new photos looking at changes.

We are staging a mock wedding in one of our local churches.

The children will be selected via raffle from those wishing to be the bride/groom and wedding party.

For lunch the whole of our borough have a 'royal wedding' themed dinner. Our tables in the dining hall will be dressed up with name cards, favours table decorations etc. That the children will make. The children will then enjoy a wedding party in the afternoon.

Its going to be great fun especially as their psrn activities will be to calculate the of items from the wedding! I'm sure my friends who are getting married this year will wish that the children's costings were real one's!

Vicky.

• 2 months later...

I'm wearing my wedding dress!!!! Can't wait, and no, I wont be the only one, everyone is coming in wedding/princess/king attire!

We're having a party the week after the wedding, in the hope many of the children would have watched it!

I'm wearing my wedding dress!!!! Can't wait, and no, I wont be the only one, everyone is coming in wedding/princess/king attire!

We're having a party the week after the wedding, in the hope many of the children would have watched it!

oh if only i could fit in mine :o

oh if only i could fit in mine xD

:o I wouldn't have done before I became manager! Amazing what 18 months of stress can do!!!

I got into mine last year - except my shoulders and upper arms! Obviously more muscular than I was at 21!!

We're having a couple of days of princes and princesses and party theme, then the younger ones are going towards castles. The older ones will soon let me know where we're going!!

I seem to remember Twinkl had some resources - we have an extended holiday until the Tuesday after so no wedding celebrations for us!

I got into mine last year - except my shoulders and upper arms! Obviously more muscular than I was at 21!!

We're having a couple of days of princes and princesses and party theme, then the younger ones are going towards castles. The older ones will soon let me know where we're going!!

We are doing castles as well!!!!! What are you doing? Any tips?

There is a charitable organisation which runs "balls" for the want of an expression for women to wear their wedding dresses and raise money for charity, wish i could remember more details, but it does look like good fun - just seeing all the different dresses from different eras is quite amazing.

There is a charitable organisation which runs "balls" for the want of an expression for women to wear their wedding dresses and raise money for charity, wish i could remember more details, but it does look like good fun - just seeing all the different dresses from different eras is quite amazing.

That sounds lovely Panders, I'm going to have to google! I think our wedding dresses should be enjoyed again, regardless of the outcome, they were chosen with love and it seems a bit sad they never come out again xD

Blimey! This Royal Wedding malarchy must be getting to me! :o

Sorry Cilla9 bit of a thread hijack there.

We've got royal wedding fridge magnets to give to the children, from Baker Ross. They look really nice and I'm pleased with them. Will take up less room as a keepsake than a mug!

dd1 and I will be in Willima Hill placing a bet on the date of their divorce. She gave it ten days!

Plus I will be working out a way of getting my £4 back that the wedding has cost me.

It's costing me about £200 in lost fees, but hey, that's life.

I sincerely wish them all the best, they've been together a long time now, and if the media leave them alone a bit (unlikely) I'm sure they'll manage well. She seems a lot more self-confident than Diana was, and much more 'street-wise'.

It's costing me about £200 in lost fees, but hey, that's life.

I sincerely wish them all the best, they've been together a long time now, and if the media leave them alone a bit (unlikely) I'm sure they'll manage well. She seems a lot more self-confident than Diana was, and much more 'street-wise'.

Absolutely - couldn't agree more Cait.........actually I see no reason to draw comparisons between Kate and Princess Diana - they seem to me to be 'poles apart'........

The wedding is also costing me a fair few pounds in lost fees....but as you say - that's life.....

I haven't bought anything to give to my pre-school children........and as for 'plans' - well I will wait and see if they are showing any interest after the day - if they are then I will 'cobble' something together to extend their interests.....

Actually, if I'm going to be closed for a day and lose fees, I'd far rather it was for something joyous like this than because I have burst pipes or something to worry about.

Edited by Cait

I'm going to a beer festival. :o

I would like to see a TV just to see what the dress looks like but apart from that they're much the same these things arent they? I do hope life works out well for them though.

I'm going to a beer festival. :o

I would like to see a TV just to see what the dress looks like but apart from that they're much the same these things arent they? I do hope life works out well for them though.

Hic! xD enjoy Rea!

I don't think that you have to be an 'ardent royalist' - I'm certainly not - to wish them well as they start their married life.....just the same way that I would wish any young couple well.....

Hic! :( enjoy Rea!

I don't think that you have to be an 'ardent royalist' - I'm certainly not - to wish them well as they start their married life.....just the same way that I would wish any young couple well.....

I wish them well and we'll be attending a neighbour's garden party, too - any excuse for a party :o

Dress code, red, white, blue, hat or buttonhole or any combination of.... and a little competition to see who can find the tackiest piece of Royal Wedding "tat" :( I think my red/white/blue clip in hair extensions might just win xD

Nona

To get back to cilla9, and her question about what people are doing with their children next week, has anyone got any other ideas?

I have to say Im now enjoying my (delayed) easter break so I wont be in any settings next week, so it will be good to hear about what our children make of it all.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)