Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Royal Wedding

I've been married nearly 6 years, I wouldn't advise any young couple to get married.

and after 31 I would... so all depends on circumstances and right person.. would not change him for anything... and he accepts all my issues and problems . complete opposites.. he is tidy.. me messy, but we survive well accepting that we will not change and haven't yet!

that said my son and his partner have opted not to get married..and have developed the same sort of relationship as if they were...all choice

but can understand in some circumstances it would not be appropriate even in this age to live together and not marry... and I really wish them well and a long and happy life together... it can work.. really.. they have had enough time and changes to enable them to work out the way forward...

We're going to talk about children's own experiences of weddings, look at various wedding photos and artefacts from different cultures - we've got a lovely Hindu mum coming in with her gorgeous red wedding sari to show us. I just might put my wedding dress back on... no idea if it still fits 9 years later! If i can find my wedding video - I think it might be in the loft...? - we're going to watch edited highlights of that, all dressed as if going to a real wedding and then have a wedding tea. We were thinking about doing a role play wedding but weren't sure with 150 reception children how to get over only having one bride and groom!! All those disappointed would-be brides! It would have been like Mary and Joseph all over again - except the children were less assertive and confident standing up in front of one another at Christmas!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)