Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Snow Yet?

Panders

• 2 weeks later...

time to revive this one as those of us on the other side of the country get our snow... got up to a couple of inches, and it is now falling in great big lumps from the sky...

did make it out earlier .. the beach is white!

Got home to find the snow I had cleared had returned again only deeper... and need to go out to local shop but was hoping it would slow down a bit.. doesnt look like it.. time to dress up and brave it.. I don't worry about the snow, but the road is dangerous and no footpath- don't trust the cars!

Had quite big flakes at about midday, then polystyrene balls and now sifted icing sugar - must be coming down through many different temperatures up in the heavens - hoping it doesn't get too much this afternoon as we have our nursery do tonight at a local restaurant.

It snowed yesterday from 9am until 2pm. I had a scary drive home up the hill home, normally takes 5 minutes but took 15 minutes, since half the roads didn't get (and still not been) gritted! I had fun driving onto the icy drive.

Eventually had the courage to clear part of the normal drive and side drive to move my car onto the drive. Put some grit down which made it nice and easy for dad to get his car on the drive.

Now this morning was FUN! No roads gritted until we got to the main road. I went to OT appoiment where my dad works, ermmm no snow in town (now who said live at the top of the hill? :o Came home, got off the bus slid straight into the metal bus stop hurting my already sore ear!!! Slid all the way home. Attempted to go out this afternoon for our xmas party but the buses dont seem to be running well. So came back home again!

And to top it all off it looks like more snow is due! Good job we did the shopping on Wednsday night!

A good covering in my corner of the world (sunny Kent)........flippin' freezing too! :(

So pleased to say my Christmas shopping is finished, my fridge and freezers are full to bursting.....just need my promised heating oil delivery in the morning and then I will just hibernate! :o Oops just remembered - turkey to be collected on Christmas Eve and veggies to buy - oh well hopefully be gone by then! :(xD

I was a bit 'I'm alright jack' - not nice at all - I do apologise :o

Blimey sunnyday, no need to apologise! I'm sitting here in the warm watching daytime tv and keeping an eye on youngest son and his friend making an igloo on our driveway! Happy days!

Blimey sunnyday, no need to apologise! I'm sitting here in the warm watching daytime tv and keeping an eye on youngest son and his friend making an igloo on our driveway! Happy days!

Phew! xD I feel better now!

I got a bit carried away there - only because it makes such a change for me to be 'well-organised'! :o

I know! And I'm desperate to go and get my big boy from uni. :o

Hubby just returned from Bristol and it was clear there, just a few flurries... he couldn't believe it when he came over the hill to the snow we have got here just a few miles south..

and it is still snowing heavily here..

we have all we need so will be staying put for the weekend... loads of logs for the fire...but need to get out Monday for Dr. and hairdresser!

Welll I have to say you do sound very organised indeed! There is much I could learn from you, clearly! :o

Well it is unheard of for me to be so organised - I think, having been 'caught out' by the last helping of snow - with bare cupboards......no bread, very little milk and absolutely no chance of getting anywhere - I have just 'tried harder' this time round - quite sure I will soon go back to my usual state of hopelessness! :(xD

Sending all good wishes for 'safe trips' for all needing to travel!

Edited by sunnyday

We had wet snow between 9 and 12:30pm yesterday then the temperature fell so EVERYTHING set solid. All the staff cars were in a bad way and the paths were and still are lethal.

We have about an inch this morning although more predicted to arrive between now and 3pm. However, not really expecting it to arrive as the met got it wrong last time round - sunny spells predicted and we got snow! :o However have asked mum in town to stock up on tissues and squash just in case Sainsbury's don't make it tomorrow!

I managed to get to Southport yesterday to see my parents on their 71st wedding anniversary. It was no trouble getting there by train, but once there there were no taxis and no buses, so I walked two miles to their house through snow a foot deep, and more where it had drifted!! It looked lovely but my legs are shattered today!

I managed to get to Southport yesterday to see my parents on their 71st wedding anniversary. It was no trouble getting there by train, but once there there were no taxis and no buses, so I walked two miles to their house through snow a foot deep, and more where it had drifted!! It looked lovely but my legs are shattered today!

71 years - wow - that's incredible!

Good for you - what a great daughter you are - bet they were pleased to see you! :o