Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What Have You Learnt Today?

I have learnt that if you forget to wash out the cornflour and water mixture on a Friday afternoon, by Monday it will have made the whole of the Reception area stink of vomit! It will still stink when you take it outside and people will ask who has been sick. When you eventually get round to washing it out you have to hold your nose to stop yourself urging!

Where's the wrily smiling smiley? This would never happen to us, because we're a packaway and couldn't leave anything like that out over the weekend.

I guess it falls into the category of never making that mistake again - hope you all had very strong stomachs!

Maz

i learn't that making biscuits with children who haven't ever experienced it before makes your heart all warm!! and watching them eat their creations well there isn't much more to top it off apart from a cherry maybe!!!!

Only just realised I wrote 'To Day' instead of 'today' in the topic title! Must have been all that cornflour odour inhalation! Is there is a way of editing it?

Hope you find your first aid certificate Beth!

Only just realised I wrote 'To Day' instead of 'today' in the topic title! Must have been all that cornflour odour inhalation! Is there is a way of editing it?

I've edited it for you.

Maz

I learnt to do a financial spreadsheet that adds itself up and while doing it I have also learnt that father-in-laws dinner is going to be VERY late!!

Edited by Rea

I learned that the paediatrician can be running over an hour late for a 2.10pm appointment when the clinic only started at 2pm :o

Cue a very distressed daughter, a stressed mum/childminder and hubby to the rescue to cover the school run..... I'll be wiser when we have to return in 2 months.

I also learned that whoever planned the children's department overlooked the need for space for pushchairs, wheelchairs or anyone attending with more than 1 child AND that my mobile phone signal is more off than on in there!

Quite a learning experience xD

Nona

I have learnt that I deprately need a new pair glasses before I can drive long distances again. :(

I have learnt that my brain has decided to return to normal, no more falling over or going dizzy. :( Or was it the fact that an ear infection, ear drop and poor glasses don't mix hahahaha. xD:o

I have learnt that I found a story I did a few years ago on supply, totally forgotten I did that. Ummmmmm better see if I can make it better for my degree Language assigment. :(

I learned that I should check the pockets of pre-school craft aprons before putting them through my washing machine :o - no harm done - it was only play figures - wondered what the 'clunking' noise was :(xD - could have much worse - play money or something else that could have found its way into the filter.........

I learnt years ago that wax crayons in pockets and then in the tumble drier arent a good idea !

Today I learnt that ferrets are addictive. We have 1, we went to the RSPCA center to adopt another and I can see me making the trip again in the future. They're SOOOO lovely :o

I've learned that I'm a wuss because I didn't stand up to a member of staff when she challenged one of my decisions yesterday and I planned what I was going to say today and I still didn't :o

I've learned that I'm a wuss because I didn't stand up to a member of staff when she challenged one of my decisions yesterday and I planned what I was going to say today and I still didn't :o

As Panders said Cait, we've all been there. Maybe you just need to think a bit more creatively about how to raise the issue in a different way. Don't be too hard on yourself though!

Maz

Thanks each! She's convinced she's right (according to another member of staff) so challenging her today would have been a waste of time I think.

You've made me feel better - didn't sleep last night for rehearsing my 'speech' and still didn't deliver it! Glass of wine tonight and leave it till next week I think! :o

Save it. Use it at another time to highlight a different decision. I cant count the times I should have said something ot one particular member of staff and then didnt partly because I knew it would cause an atmosphere for everyone else (she was a great sulker) and partly because she wouldnt have listened and I'd have been even more angry.

Enjoy the wine! :o

Glass of wine tonight and leave it till next week I think! :o

I've started that management course I was talking about and yesterday had to grade myself on a set of criteria, one of which was "being accountable for my own actions and holding others to account for theirs". Needless to say I scored highly for the former, and lower for the latter! It doesn't help when we don't like confrontation!

Enjoy the wine Cait!

Maz