Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Letter From Ofsted

We have received a letter/form from Ofsted asking us to update our opening hours so in turn they can update their records. The form is mainly tick boxes saying days and sessions of opening. Has anyone else had one of these? Just wondering if this could be the rumbling of an inspection? We were last inspected in Feb 08 but haven't been inspected under the EYFS.

We have received a letter/form from Ofsted asking us to update our opening hours so in turn they can update their records. The form is mainly tick boxes saying days and sessions of opening. Has anyone else had one of these? Just wondering if this could be the rumbling of an inspection? We were last inspected in Feb 08 but haven't been inspected under the EYFS.

Hiya - we didnt get a letter but we had a phone call asking the same thing - opening times and any planned insets ! It did ubfortunately signal an inspection which happened a few weeks later - sorry

Hi,

Just filled mine in today and we are due to be inspected in March if they stick to the old timetable. To be honest, I'd rather be "put out of my misery" now so that I could actually relax at Christmas without worrying about Ofsted turning up in March. Mind you, we've always had really nice inspectors who've understood what pre-schools are about. The new regime might be different. To think our last chairman said mine was "a nice little job"! Absolutely no understanding of the responsbility and stress of running a pre-school. I'd give it all up tomorrow if it weren't for the children, of course.

Sharky.

We had a phone call asking the same shortly before our last inspection in 2008-we are committee run pre-school and don't open all day every day...we are due again in March- maybe we'll get a letter or another phone call too!?!? Let you know if we do

It's the waiting and wondering that causes the most grief. Hope all of you get your inspections soon so you can show off your wonderful settings. Nice to get it in before Christmas too!

Good luck to all! :o

It is the waiting, we are officially due in November but have never, ever been inspected on time, really don't want it 'hanging over us' any longer.........'bring it on' I say! xD

• 4 weeks later...

Not us yet!!!! School club not inspecte since April 2006. Im wondering if we will actually get to the 5 yr mark?

Am expecting it though with all the goings on with our deputy being temp manager and now getting an new young manager. Bring it on eh?!

Hmm, we were last inspected in Nov 2007 and have recently had this letter. It does seem as if all who are due inspections are getting it doesn't it?

Our last inspection was November 2007 too.

When our SIP visited a couple of weeks ago I said "oh I really want an inspection now" - she said "well it's only been 3 years I don't think it will be anytime soon" - she went on to say that some of the settings that she supports are now at the 4+ years mark :o

I do think it is extraordinary that some of us have never been inspected under EYFS - we could be doing anything! :(xD