Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

One For Those Of Us Of A Certain Age...

Cait

oww dont forget the magic roundabout :o

hi hali, my favourite. I was told (by my mum and dad) that I used to know when magic roundabout was about to start and made my parents switchtv on! I also was told that I sang the theme tune from about 5.30 until 6 o'clock when it started!! x

and all this talk has made me think what was the first single I bought...

for 7/6 Sugar Sugar by the Archies...

and first LP was Cliff Richard... that was the title of the album..

how did I forget that one.. a Cliff fan... yes I have to admit to it... used to see him at his old school where he did concerts every year while I was a teen..

I am beginning to realise how much I was out and about at concerts , shows, theatre etc .... living where we did It was all bus ride away.

Inge

Hey - anyone else noticed that the young whippersnappers rival thread has faded into obscurity! Even though us 'wise ladies' added to it! :o Now what does that say about us :( ah, yes, well.........perhaps we won't take that thought any further! xD

Has anyone mentioned 'Sunday Night at the London Palladium'? Once upon a time it was my ambition to become a 'Tiller Girl' - hmmm.....just as well that I got over that.........really don't have the legs for it :(:(

haha - now that would have been worth seeing!

Just watching 'Coast' and both Mike and I burst into song "Ohhhhh come with me to the rolling sea while the weather's calm and still" when the chap said 'Portland Bill' tee hee

haha - now that would have been worth seeing!

Just watching 'Coast' and both Mike and I burst into song "Ohhhhh come with me to the rolling sea while the weather's calm and still" when the chap said 'Portland Bill' tee hee

No,what - sorry you've lost me!!! :o

You MUST have watched Portland Bill! I think it must have been very early 80's when Lou was little - kind of Postman Pat/Fireman Sam kind of thing

I was being ironic .....well attempting to anyway.........ref. Zebedee's reaction to other thread - doh!

Oh I used to love the Black and White Minstrel Show, watched it every week with Dad.

Bought him many a Black and White Minstrel LP, and listened to them every night on the wireless-though I'm sure that's not how to spell wireless :o

anyone remember 'sing something simple' on the radio. was on a sunday evening i think - always playing at bath time :o

As a child I lived in Essex and on a Sunday we would go down to the coast, my dad would tune into Sing Something Simple just as we had finished our picnic tea - we used to beg to have Pick of the Pops on, so you can imagine what torture it was - give anything to listen to it with him now though.

First show I ever saw in colour on the t.v. at a friends house.

I've just remembered going to the neighbour's house to watch Princess Anne's wedding because they had colour!

I also remember watching the snooker on our B&W tv. How confusing must that have been?

yes bath time for me too with 'sing something simple'....

Outings with a radio... posh... no chance for us.. . but would have been hard in the motorbike and sidecar we had ...

which part of the coast.. ours was always Southend with Peter pans Playground.. and the Illuminations in the park during the autumn..

or Leigh -on - Sea.. for a quieter day out..

Inge