Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Thanks For All Your Support - My Niece Has Been Discharged!

vickymck

I just wanted to say thanks to all of you for your support and kind words. My niece has finally been discharged from hospital after almost two months due to pneumococcal meningitis and she is making an amazing recovery. She is crawling, laughing and shouting - a lot different from when the doctors told us she had 'substantial brain damage'. It just shows how amazing and resilient children can be :oxD:(

So happy for you all.

My nephew suffered with meningitis several years ago and even lost a leg. Now he is tipped for an appearance in the Paralympics so has definitely made the best of a very difficult time.

Fantastic news. I am so glad that all is now well and looking good. What a relief.

My son Philip had meningitis when he was 5 months old. It was a horrendous time but he is now 32, 6 foot 5 and totally OK ..er well he is a bit of a character but I expect that is him not the effects ;-)

She is 13 mnths now - she had her first birthday on ICU, the staff at LGI where fantastic - but we had a great party for her at the weekend when she was discharged. :o I forgot to say that I have signed up for a 10k race to raise money for the childrens ward at LGI !!!! mad the things you do for kids!!

What fantastic news, so pleased that she is well on the road to recovery now. Good luck with your fundraising, do let us know when and where it is.

Nicky Sussex :oxD

She is 13 mnths now - she had her first birthday on ICU, the staff at LGI where fantastic - but we had a great party for her at the weekend when she was discharged. :o I forgot to say that I have signed up for a 10k race to raise money for the childrens ward at LGI !!!! mad the things you do for kids!!

How scary for you all, but she sounds like a determined little fighter! My mum was in LGI for/after a brain tumour and they were brilliant - though obviously she wasn't on the children's ward!

Good luck for your race x