Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Just Got A Good From Ofsted

ChrisAR

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!

Perhaps when you have had a chance to relax you could share with everyone your routine, activities and assessment that you have done to get there?

Have a drink for me!!

Brownie xx

Thanks everyone, I'm touched by your kind words.

If anyone is interested maybe I could start up a thread explaining how we do things...I'm conscious that we have not finished our journey until we get outstanding, but I'd love to help anyone that needs advice or is just starting up a Unit. Anyone that wants to come down and have a look round is more than welcome :)

Edited by ChrisAR

great news. I am waiting for the call .Unable to get a good night sleep . So tired !!!! Do you think I can sue Ofsted ........Must be breaking some health and safety reg !!!! What a system

great news. I am waiting for the call .Unable to get a good night sleep . So tired !!!! Do you think I can sue Ofsted ........Must be breaking some health and safety reg !!!! What a system

Congratulations - with all the horror stories out there at the mo it's nice to know that some people are getting good news!

We too are waiting for the call and have been on high alert since June of las year - the LA thought they were coming to us then and can't believe that they haven't been so far - they have been to everyone else around us who were due after us! Just wish they would ring and we can get it over done with - don't think I can carry on like this for much longer - gonna have a head of grey hair before my 30th at this rate!

H

Many congratulations and your outcome has shown that Ofsted do not have an opinion about EYFS unit per se !

Wonderful news.

Very well done! Such a stressful time...we are awaiting the call anytime as day they were due to come school was all out at panto lol so deferred until ...who knows?

Would love some tips as to what went well for you and did you get observed with whole class or was it small focus groups and how did they obseve CP?also do they like to see teachers actually doing observations and how did they observe outdoor provision?

Sorry to ask so many questions but am in Reception after a long stint in year 3 and 4 so it is all quite new for me!

Thanks everyone, I'm touched by your kind words.

If anyone is interested maybe I could start up a thread explaining how we do things...I'm conscious that we have not finished our journey until we get outstanding, but I'd love to help anyone that needs advice or is just starting up a Unit. Anyone that wants to come down and have a look round is more than welcome :)

Well done! great news, happy celebrating!

We are a PVI setting working with a school as a Foundation Unit as best we can across two different buildings. I'd love to hear what they were interested in, how you do things and what they commented on. Where in the country are you too as I'd love to come and look round too!! We are due our inspection any time now, as it was up in December

Clare

Brilliant news :o . I do hope your staff are over the moon and wallowing in a very warm glow. It is such a stressful process to those of as that are so comitted to our profession and it is really heartwarming to hear of your success. We have just got the call and our are in on Monday. considering that the school has only been open for 3 days this term we are all running around in circles like headless chickens. Had to slither in today to get some docs sent off and just pray for good weather so that we can have them in and get the process over and done with. Still, I'm smiling for you.

jan

Well done! great news, happy celebrating!

We are a PVI setting working with a school as a Foundation Unit as best we can across two different buildings. I'd love to hear what they were interested in, how you do things and what they commented on. Where in the country are you too as I'd love to come and look round too!! We are due our inspection any time now, as it was up in December

Clare

Hi Clare

We are in the West Mids - anyone is welcome to come and have a look round.

Basically the lead inspector came in from 9 until 10.30 and literally watched everything that was going in - she listened to what staff were saying to children, she spoke to the children about what they were doing, she looked at the resources and how they were stored, she looked at the planning, a timetable...basically everything you would expect! She then had a 1 to 1 with me, in the Unit, from 1.30 - 2.15. She then came back the next day from about 8.45 - 9.10 to speak to our parents.

It was hard work in the two terms leading up to it. Hard hard work. xD ...but it paid off :o

Very well done! Such a stressful time...we are awaiting the call anytime as day they were due to come school was all out at panto lol so deferred until ...who knows?

Would love some tips as to what went well for you and did you get observed with whole class or was it small focus groups and how did they obseve CP?also do they like to see teachers actually doing observations and how did they observe outdoor provision?

Sorry to ask so many questions but am in Reception after a long stint in year 3 and 4 so it is all quite new for me!

No problem! Actually the inspector didn't watch the small group teaching. She watched the self initiated learning - whether this was just because of it being near the start of the day or because she was interested in play - I cant say.

Yes they observed outdoor play - actually it was one of the first things she did! And she grilled me about our assessment system - she was pleased with our system of observational assessment though and having staff observing kids is good practice.

Down to Reception after Year 3 and 4? Well, I suppose it depends on your philosophy on what Reception should be experiencing whilst they are at school - if your head/EYFS manager wants more formal learning then it won't be a massive shock. If you are like us, 100% pro self initiated learning then it does take some getting used to! One of our teachers has just come down from KS2 after a long stint and he's enjoying it but did find it...'different!' :o

Edited by ChrisAR

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)