Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Enjoy The Snow!

Steve

We had five members of staff and just FOUR children turn up on Friday morning at our village pre-school!

Needless to say, we closed for the day and missed out on a magician, fancy dress, party brunch and santa's garden

grotto! Such a shame, but we've already planned a New Year party for the children when they return in January :o

Hopefully attached, is a photo of my back garden!

post-20414-1261388775_thumb.jpg

OK hands up - who ordered MORE!!! :o

Woken up to another 2 inches of fresh snow......... xD:(:(

We have the same - and the cloud was so low it was like fog, a bad skiing day!

Simply must get out today and brave the shoppers/traffic/grotty roads. Have sharpened my shoppers elbows, and ready to go

Im hating it now, the roads are so icy and dangerous.

I need to go shopping and have no enthusiasm to venture out.

Snap! xD

It's trying to rain here........not enough though to 'wash it away'...........just enough to make everywhere a 'skating rink' when it freezes again.....which will be anytime now! :o

My daughter's just spent four and half hours doing a 20-25min drive home from work!!

xxx

Yeah it just took me 6 hours to do a 20minute drive home from Basingstoke. Fortunately had some Christmas chcolates from the kids left in the car to keep me going...

You are all so lucky !

We never get any snow ! Not even one flake ! :o

We only had a sprinkling last year.

Wish we could have a white Christmas for once !

Motherclangerx

Nope, not lucky. Its cold and dangerous out there.

You are the lucky one.

We are feeling like someone's set up a snow exclusion zone around our bit of Worcestershire. I'm not asking for lots but the kids would so love enough for a snowman and a snowball fight.

We've got the low temperatures and the layer of ice on the roads so it's still cold and dangerous but no snow to play with.

Well I'm still exhausted from my mammoth almost five hour drive to do a journey that would normally take twenty minutes. I heard an explanation on the radio this morning that yesterday's heavy rain had washed away all the grit from the roads so when the snow blizzard came it caused chaos on every motorway in the South east. Within minutes every road near the motorway began to clog up. I think the only reason I got home at all was because I was brave and turned off down a side road on the basis that it took me further away from the direction of the M4. It was a bit hairy at times, but at least I was able to keep going (even if only at 4mph!) and I got home in one piece.

Just read that one of my facebook friends spend a massive 11 hours in total coming back from Reading, half of which was spent being stuck in the car park! That journey would probably take half an hour or so depending on the time of day, so I guess actually I got off lightly!

I hope wherever you are you're all nice and warm and cosy and that if you do have to go out today you'll all arrive back home safely. Those of you whose presents are all purachased, wrapped and nestling under the tree are feeling pretty smug compared with how we last minute merchants are feeling. I still have so much to do!

Maz

It's looking increasingly unlikely that my daughter and Mum will be able to get across the Pennines from Yorkshire to Cumbria tomorrow.

Oh dear Cait - how disappointing. Two Christmases can be fun though, and so long as everyone is safe and sound wherever they are, that's the main thing isn't it? I'll keeping hoping for an unexpected break in the weather for you, all the same!

Maz