Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Anyone Been Inspected This Week?

Ofsted just rang to see if we are open this week as some settings are not open until next week.

Erm that leaves 1 day then - tomorrow!!!

So with the new SEF and inspection criteria that came into effect the other day has anyone been inspected and can tell me what they are hot on?

Oh that is really low, melthammum! Hopefully they'll turn up at mine tomorrow (when we're not there) or maybe Monday (staff inset day). When is your inspection due?

Good luck - have you seen the new 'are you ready for your inspection' booklet? If not, Peggy gave a link where you can download it.

Let us know what happens!

Maz

We are overdue and so are 'ready'. Our new leader had her suitable persons yesterday and will be inspected tomorrow - what a first few days!!

Got the new 'are you ready' through the door on Saturday.

We are overdue and so are 'ready'. Our new leader had her suitable persons yesterday and will be inspected tomorrow - what a first few days!!

New Leader??!! when did that happen? Was this your reserve person?

Really pleased that you've got someone (and slightly jealous!) :o

Good luck with your inspection, hope all goes well.

Edited by thumperrabbit

Yes - she came!!!!!

We are all smiling and doing a bit of a happy dance :o Our last report was 'satisfactory' so we have improved. 10-15 days and I'll tell you the grade xD

Staff and committee are coming round tonight and I need to tidy, but I will report back on how it went and what the changes over the summer seem to have been. Oh the SEF wasn't mentioned very much and talking with parents was a big thing.

Well done, and what good timing - now you can have the whole year to just enjoy getting on with the job!!

Let us know any top tips please :oxD:(

I've jsut started back and we've had a few staff changes (for the better) I'mreally looking foward to working with a good bunch that are actually interested in the job and are keen to try new things + want to be envolved with it all!!

xxx

• 3 weeks later...

You know the last few weeks I have hardly been online - even on here!! Hope you are all well :)

We were satisfactory in every aspect last time, this time good overall with 4 aspects deemed outstanding! We are more than a little chuffed. It was the same inspector as last time so it really is a good comparison to how we were.

I'm sure that a lot of you are wondering how the inspection went under the new inspection system.

The inspector spoke to the parents a lot. She gave me a questionairre (SP)? to fill in with all of the stuff we should know and have to hand, staff, quals, CRB numbers etc. Meant I could go off to the cupboard and find it all out without her having to watch me go through files etc to find it - seems very sensible to me! She gave the leader another set of questions that had all of the EYFS, planning etc on. She sat with myself and the leader and talked to us, it was actually very nice eek! Then after we closed she asked the other staff members various questions, catching other parents on their way out too.

One of the parents brought us some chocolates which was lovely and I think it impressed the inspector that the parents cared.

Time wise - She left as it was getting on to 3pm (we are supposed to be out of the church hall by 12.45 and the gardening society were non too impressed - we had to peg it up the road to get our kids from school). I have been told that without having a SEF it would have taken twice as long - not by the inspector though, by someone in the local early years team.

Some of her comments were really lovely to hear - telling one person 'there are things we think they should be doing and here they actually are'! She did say that a lot of settings are only just acting upon the EYFS a year on whilst we have really excelled with it.

All in all it was great and shows just how hard everyone has worked over the last few turbulent years. The inspector liked our new leader, was very understanding of it being her 2nd day and was fine with myself and the deputy hanging round and supporting her, commenting on how nice it was to see a great team.

Things we have control over we did well in, things we cannot control being in the church hall, is where we couldn't get outstanding. It was a silly cold day for 4th Sept so everyone was freezing and we couldn't put the heating on, as a result it is an action point that we need to work on. Lets hope we can move out soon!

You know the last few weeks I have hardly been online - even on here!! Hope you are all well :)

We were satisfactory in every aspect last time, this time good overall with 4 aspects deemed outstanding! We are more than a little chuffed. It was the same inspector as last time so it really is a good comparison to how we were.

I'm sure that a lot of you are wondering how the inspection went under the new inspection system.

The inspector spoke to the parents a lot. She gave me a questionairre (SP)? to fill in with all of the stuff we should know and have to hand, staff, quals, CRB numbers etc. Meant I could go off to the cupboard and find it all out without her having to watch me go through files etc to find it - seems very sensible to me! She gave the leader another set of questions that had all of the EYFS, planning etc on. She sat with myself and the leader and talked to us, it was actually very nice eek! Then after we closed she asked the other staff members various questions, catching other parents on their way out too.

One of the parents brought us some chocolates which was lovely and I think it impressed the inspector that the parents cared.

Time wise - She left as it was getting on to 3pm (we are supposed to be out of the church hall by 12.45 and the gardening society were non too impressed - we had to peg it up the road to get our kids from school). I have been told that without having a SEF it would have taken twice as long - not by the inspector though, by someone in the local early years team.

Some of her comments were really lovely to hear - telling one person 'there are things we think they should be doing and here they actually are'! She did say that a lot of settings are only just acting upon the EYFS a year on whilst we have really excelled with it.

All in all it was great and shows just how hard everyone has worked over the last few turbulent years. The inspector liked our new leader, was very understanding of it being her 2nd day and was fine with myself and the deputy hanging round and supporting her, commenting on how nice it was to see a great team.

Things we have control over we did well in, things we cannot control being in the church hall, is where we couldn't get outstanding. It was a silly cold day for 4th Sept so everyone was freezing and we couldn't put the heating on, as a result it is an action point that we need to work on. Lets hope we can move out soon!

Thank you so much for that feedback -its not only helpful but also very encouraging. (Erm, also motivating for those of us who STILL haven't done our SEF's, including me!!)

Congratulations to you all xxxx