Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ooooh - Excited!

Gezabel

I am just creeping in here, though I want to shout from the rooftops I get a bit embarrassed sometimes so just want to quietly share something! xD

I am a bit limited in exactly what I can but am sure many of you will be able to read between the lines :(

An organisation that is in the business of providing study materials for students is currently updating some of their materials and I have been invited to view certain aspects before it goes to publication :(

I have been told that they value my thoughts and look forward to my constructive feedback :o I am so delighted to have been asked and of course said yes. I have had it all confirmed in writing and the added bonus is that they pay me for doing it :(

"Oh you" clever thing!

What a fantastic acknowledgement of your expertise and knowledge! We've all known this for a long time, of course! Many members have already benefitted from your wit and wisdom, but now you'll reach a much wider audience!

Well done you - and I'd be shouting it from the rooftops if it were me, too!

Couldn't happen to a nicer lady!

Mx

:oxD Goodness gracious me!! :(:(

I never dreamt that you lovely lot would add such delightful and supportive messages :wacko:

I think I have said in other threads that I am very good (excellent in fact!!!) at being self critical and not so good at recognising my strengths. Maybe my 'invitation' will enable me to start addressing my downfall.

I would say to anyone else - don't be so hard on yourself, look at all the things you do well but when it comes to 'me' it's a whole different ball game - ooops!

Going off on a bit of a tangent I have just been out for a walk, no particular reason just fancied a stroll - good job I took my handbag with me as I have come back with a carrier bag full of apples, some beautiful looking onions, fresh courgettes and some yellow and red peppers! I spent the grand total of £2. On the stroll back home I almost got quite emotional :unsure: I love where I live, have great neighbours etc etc and all my 'shopping' was done from boxes/tables placed outside peoples homes in the village - they all have open honesty boxes and labels with prices. One of them said

25p but if you are out walking the dog or just for a stroll with no cash on you just help yourself and drop the money next time you pass by! Oh! as I am typing this my son has just come in with some carrots! saw them as he was driving home and stopped to get some - that table must have appeared after my stroll!!!

All in all right now I kind of feel I am at a really happy place in my life generally xD Does that make any kind of sense :( not that I am usually unhappy more a case of everything just feels particulary good at the moment!

Going back to your replies THANKYOU soooooooooooo much, I posted because I knew you would understand and the fact that you are so genuinely pleased for me makes me happier still :rolleyes:

What a lovely place you live in Geraldine and how good that you feel so content with yourself. Your post made me feel quite emotional. It's pretty good here today, sun, warm wind, lots of birds, trees, flowers, grandchildren and animals, and home grown potatoes for tea which we've just been out to dig up. What could be better? :o

Oh Geraldine such good news.....you are a wonderful person, so humble and thank you for sharing your emotions - I have no doubt that lots of people get pleasure from your happiness and your opennes......You are a star... :oxD:(:(

What a lovely place you live in Geraldine and how good that you feel so content with yourself. Your post made me feel quite emotional. It's pretty good here today, sun, warm wind, lots of birds, trees, flowers, grandchildren and animals, and home grown potatoes for tea which we've just been out to dig up. What could be better? xD

Glad to hear things with you are good too :(:(

I think maybe we spend so much time and energy on the 'big stuff' when in reality the 'small stuff' or perhaps the simple pleasures in life are what we should give more consideration to. I empathise totally with your 'sun, warm wind, lots of birs, trees, fowers etc' - well except for the grandchildren :o I am so envious as I am not yet a member of the Granny club but I am SOOOOOOOOOO looking foreward to the day I join!!! My sons say I am desperate to be a granny and actually they are absolutely right - when that day comes I guess it will take my happiness to new heights :(

As for those potatoes they sound yummy :wacko: xD

I never dreamt that you lovely lot would add such delightful and supportive messages :o

You are a noodle Geraldine! What did you expect us to do? xD

It was lovely to read your post - real feel-good stuff! Its what the internet was made for!

Mx

• 3 months later...

Just looking back over this old thread and thought I would update you all.

I submitted my written reviews on the material I was asked to constructively criticise :o

and guess what...... they liked it xD:( so much so they have asked me if I will consider doing some more and I said yes so am expecting delivery of another load early in the New Year :(:(

It was great fun and I really, really enjoyed doing it - to see my bank balance suddenly increase was just an added bonuse :wacko:

and guess what...... they liked it :o

Well there's a surprise Geraldine! I never once doubted they would! Many congratulations on your success - and as you say, a bit more money in the bank is an added bonus!

Maz

Have just a read a fabulous article in eye mag by someone called geraldine - excellent stuff

well done you

Oh not guilty :o I haven't written anything for eye magazine. I have been reviewing course material before it goes for publication - making suggestions, adding views on content that kind of thing and it's been great fun.