Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Exemplar Sefs

• 2 weeks later...

after two years or so of the leader and I battling with the setting's SEF, having to change formats, change alot of information including operating from 3 settings to 1 etc finally FINISHED our SEF yesterday. We used this forum for a lot of ideas so wanted to say thank you for offering your ideas, tips and exemplar SEFs, I hope to be able to put up our SEF shortly to help others still battling with theirs- there is light at the end of the tunnel so keep going!

Now we are looking to review the SEF with staff and committee in order for it to truely reflect everyone's opinions and views. It has created a whole list of ideas the leader and I wish to further implement from the SEF and reading the practice of others so thank you again, this forum has been a huge help and inspiration for us!

It's taken me the best part of an hour to read this thread but very glad I have.

Has anyone who has been Inspected since submitting their SEF found any snippets of their own work in their report? I ask because I would like to think that the SEF is our own version of what we think our Ofsted Inspection Report SHOULD say - written in the cold light of day without the pressure of the third party being present. OK, finding my 'voice'. Onward and upward.

Honey

• 1 month later...

hi, i am very new to this site - i am a childminder and have been working on my SEF for some time now though sometimes i am not sure if i am on the right track or not!! i have read through some of the downloaded sef which have been a great help for hints and tips though the ones i have found are mainly based on preschool/nurseries,can anyone advise me where i might find some childminder sef, thank you :o

hi, i am very new to this site - i am a childminder and have been working on my SEF for some time now though sometimes i am not sure if i am on the right track or not!! i have read through some of the downloaded sef which have been a great help for hints and tips though the ones i have found are mainly based on preschool/nurseries,can anyone advise me where i might find some childminder sef, thank you :o

hi I'm a childminder and mine is on pg 10 of this thread xD

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, I am a childminder about to do my first SEF, need to finish it in a couple of weeks to put in NVQ3 folder. Am hoping to get some tips as finding it very daunting but cant seem to download any SEFs.

I only have adobe 6 and an expired mircrosoft word but I usually get downloads even if it says may not get it properly.

Can anybody advise.

Many thanks

• 3 weeks later...
I know that a lot of people are at the moment not keen to share SEFs, and I am totally aware of how all settings are very very different. I also understand that people have put a lot of work into them and do not want them to be 'pinched' by other settings!!!! I am however struggling with some aspects of the SEF and would really like to see what other people have put even though it may not be entirely suitable for my setting. In a bid to encourage people to share what they have done so far I am posting my (incomplete) SEF for all to see. You can see which bits we are missing!!!!! And hopefully help me out with what I haven't done!!!!

I also don't mean to be anal, but if you don't want to share, please don't download what I am sharing!!!!

Thanks (fingers crossed) Zoe. xxx

• 3 weeks later...
I know that a lot of people are at the moment not keen to share SEFs, and I am totally aware of how all settings are very very different. I also understand that people have put a lot of work into them and do not want them to be 'pinched' by other settings!!!! I am however struggling with some aspects of the SEF and would really like to see what other people have put even though it may not be entirely suitable for my setting. In a bid to encourage people to share what they have done so far I am posting my (incomplete) SEF for all to see. You can see which bits we are missing!!!!! And hopefully help me out with what I haven't done!!!!

I also don't mean to be anal, but if you don't want to share, please don't download what I am sharing!!!!

Thanks (fingers crossed) Zoe. xxx

HI thankyou for sharing, I have just started a job late in 2010 as a manager of a pre-school and all this SEF is pretty new to me! so any information is most appreciated thanks x

• 11 months later...

Hi my name is Lyndsey and I have recently started as a registered childminder , and Im finding this SEF form quite difficult to understand, just wondering if there is anyone out there whom could shed some light on it ??????? again I keep putting it off and I know I will need to do it at one stage .Hope to hear back from someone soon xxxxx

Hi Lyndsey

Have you looked at the guidance notes from Ofsted and copies of completed SEF's on this thread?

Having just completed ours, after putting it off for ages, I would just say keep plodding on. It is not a quick job admitedly but try to put something down on paper that you can build on and revise as you go along. I would say it difinitely gets easier as you go along which is partly down to the fact that you can refer to previous sections.

HI thankyou for sharing, I have just started a job late in 2010 as a manager of a pre-school and all this SEF is pretty new to me! so any information is most appreciated thanks x

hi there me too , sef was done previously but nothing added since 2010 , I am not sure if you have to reregister again and have to complete a new one ?? help anyone

hi there me too , sef was done previously but nothing added since 2010 , I am not sure if you have to reregister again and have to complete a new one ?? help anyone

Have you got the previous managers log in details.......if you have then you can just edit/alter/add to and re-submit

• 3 months later...

HELP!!! Has anyone had a recent Ofsted whereby they commented on their SEF and how it was completed. We're due an inspection any day now and I still havent completed mine after all of this time. Can pay!! :1b

yes Molly - ours had not been done since 2010 and as i was new had not completed it recently - ofsted do like to look at it before a visit and think they can often judge on that , so if you have time fill a bit in or do something on paper if easier. Its because it is evidence of reflective practice. Got to say we were not hauled over the coals for it . good luck :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

HELP!!! Has anyone had a recent Ofsted whereby they commented on their SEF and how it was completed. We're due an inspection any day now and I still havent completed mine after all of this time. Can pay!! :1b

OMG Can't believe it I've actually completed my first SEF-What a relief-Bring on the inspection!!!

OMG Can't believe it I've actually completed my first SEF-What a relief-Bring on the inspection!!!

xD :lol: xD Good for you! It is a great relief isn't it! Good luck with your inspection! :1b

Edited by sunnyday

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have just got my unfinished one out again and am looking for divine inspiration.

Ofsted seem to have cut and pasted a lot of my previous stuff all over the place!

When I finish it I will attempt to upload it!

• 3 weeks later...

It's not so easy to upload them now, I suppose that's why they aren't getting uploaded. The site doesn't give the option to save it as a word document, just to save on the site and/or print out hard copy.

Ok, there's a way round it. If you click on 'print' you get a pop up text box. By clicking in this, and pressing CTRL A then CTRL C, you can copy it all and paste it into a word document CTRL V.

It's a working document, you understand, but it may help you get started

Print this formFSF.doc

edited to save it in older 'word' format as I forgot!

Edited by Cait
  • Like 5

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)