Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Exemplar Sefs

YES, YES, YES!!!!!

MILLION THANKS FOR SAVING ME HOURS OF WORK - HUGE BOX OF VIRTUAL CHOCS BEING THOUGHT-WAVED TO YOU!!!

Why did I not know that? Have worked on PC's for years, but have never come across CTRL V - and what does it mean? Wy did it work? Why didn't it understand "paste"? Do I care? Not really, just glad to have reclaimed most of my sunny Sunday afternoon back. Thank you so much.

it's next to CTRL C which is copy, and CTRL X which is cut, and CTRL I is italic, CTRL B is bold, CTRL U is underline and it couldn't be CTRL P (for paste) because that's 'print', CTRl Z is undo, CTRL Y is redo and CTRL ALT TAB is increase indent, CTRL ALT SHIFT TAB is decrease indent, CTRL SHIFT % is turn a number into a percent, there's all kinds of things in that keyboard!!!

not forgetting CTRL S = SAVE of course!

CTRL F = Find

the F7 key checks your spelling

go on - have a play!

Edited by Cait

woohoo thanks Cait, had a play, well they say you learn something new every day and i just did. xD How about a new thread on computing, "what your keyboard can do for you" !

Now back to the real work :o

Thanks

Hi, have had a look at your SEF as I am just starting mine. I was fortunate enough to speak to an Ofsted inspector who informed me to fill it in as a running commentary and not to use Bullet points. I also think that some of the advice given on here is very useful and has helped to make me think about how we achieve what we say on the SEF and to make sure that we have evidence in place to back up what we say. I will upload what I have done when I get a little further down it. Thanks for sharing yours and I agree that we can all help each other out because after all we all want what is best for the children in our care. All the advice from you ladies is a great help and greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Will add our SEF form when i'm feeling a little less stressed. Have an Ofsted inspection looming and i'm up to my ears in work!!!!

Will need to delete names etc, but ours is pretty much completed. Been trying to up-date my operational file to. Aggghhhhhh!

Appreciate people sharing their info. It would be a shame if we felt we couldn't share what we'd done.

Deb

Whilst we are on the subject of keyboard shortcuts, the handiest (for me anway!) one I know of is 'SHIFT + F3' scrolls between changing uppercase to lowecase, LC to UC and just the initial letter to UC. So handywhen like me you dont touch type (therefore are not looking at screen) and often hit the caps lock.

• 2 weeks later...

xD thank you for sharing your sef form i have been putting it off over the summer and really now need to start- meeting tomorrow night so i know can go with atleast some idea of what is needed. i promise i will use it wisely and certainly wont copy it!!

xx

:o

Thanks so much for the very very useful information about keyboard shortcuts.

However, I still don't know how to do bullet points on the SEF. Do any of you very knowlegeable computer buffs know? It would help so, so much. Pleeeeeese?

Gruffalo2 :o

If you tick the good box for areas because you may just be being cautious does it stop Ofsted giving you Outstanding if they think you are? Sometimes I want to tick outstanding but just tick good instead. Just worried about giving myself wrong grade

Thank you all for posting your examples - they gave me lots of inspiration and encopuragement and I have, finally (and after much delaying) COMPLETED AND SUBMITTED MY SEF :o

THANKS!!!!

Nona

Edited by Guest

Well done you! I am very jealous. Perhaps there is a niche in the market for people who can travel around and complete SEFs for settings with too much to do and not enough time to do it in....

Well done to all you who have completed your SEF. I am soo jealous ! But now face the probleem do i continue doing my old SEF or complete the new one ! which is 'shorter and easier to use' according to Ofsted ! Thats if it been updated yet !

Well done to all you who have completed your SEF. I am soo jealous ! But now face the probleem do i continue doing my old SEF or complete the new one ! which is 'shorter and easier to use' according to Ofsted ! Thats if it been updated yet !

Yes me too!

Well done nona! :o

If you tick the good box for areas because you may just be being cautious does it stop Ofsted giving you Outstanding if they think you are? Sometimes I want to tick outstanding but just tick good instead. Just worried about giving myself wrong grade

I worry about this too, my EY advisor told me to change mine from good to outstanding but I do feel uncomfortable about it and would be interested to hear what others think

well done Nona and others for completing - i need to get stuck in again :o

I thought I'd feel a great sense of relief completing it, but... I don't! Now I know I've got to keep the flipping thing updated xD

I tick ed "outstanding" - partly cause I thought if I downgraded myself They'd wonder why :o

Bit of a no-win situation isn't it!!?

Nona

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...

Thanks to everyone who has shared their SEF, both the forms and the worries, phew glad its not just me.

I really apprciated reading other SEF forms. We are just starting ours. :o

Hi,

I am currently working as a nanny after managing a nursery for several years so at the moment sef's are a thing of the past for me. However I just wanted to say how incrediably kind of everyone th share their settings sef its really reassuring to know that there are people out there who you can turn to for help and advice (sorry don't know whats come over me tonight must be feeling sentimental) :o

Rapunzel

• 1 month later...

sef_1.doc

Here is mine - I'm a childminder annd have recently been inspected. The inspector said that my SEF was a good and true reflection of my practice and I had identified appropriate, realistic and well targeted areas for improvement.

OK ladies (and gents?) after weeks of blood, sweat and tears I've finally got ours (new version) all typed up, so here it is in all its glory xD

Thanks to those who have already shared theirs on here (and who may recognise some of their wording in mine :( ).

The proof will be in the pudding when Mrs O comes a knocking (any day now :o).

Hope it helps someone out there.

RR

SEF_for_FSF___ReaderRabbit.pdf

Edited by Guest

Thanks ReaderRabbit, I've got mine already online, but it's good to look at someone else's so that when I review mine there are some ideas to provoke staff discussion

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)