Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Exemplar Sefs

I know that a lot of people are at the moment not keen to share SEFs, and I am totally aware of how all settings are very very different. I also understand that people have put a lot of work into them and do not want them to be 'pinched' by other settings!!!! I am however struggling with some aspects of the SEF and would really like to see what other people have put even though it may not be entirely suitable for my setting. In a bid to encourage people to share what they have done so far I am posting my (incomplete) SEF for all to see. You can see which bits we are missing!!!!! And hopefully help me out with what I haven't done!!!!

I also don't mean to be anal, but if you don't want to share, please don't download what I am sharing!!!!

Thanks (fingers crossed) Zoe. xxx

hi, iv just joined and will give your sef a read, as i am struggling to do mine in some areas, so once read i will give you my feedback, many thanks for sharing

lucy xxx

Welcome to the forum. A few of us have uploaded our SEFs in this thread, so I hope you enjoy reading them and that they help you - I look forward to hearing your views.

I finished mine last night and I know I need to add bits, but I felt it was important to get as much as I could down so that the bulk was done - the rest is just tweaking!

Hi Lucy and welcome to the forum - did you know we have a 'Summer SEF Club' - this is for complete 'slackers' like me who haven't completed (or in my case haven't even started) their SEF and are planning to do so during the summer holiday - you'd be made very welcome if you would care to join us!!!

Sunnyday

hooray, I'm nearly done - a couple more sections to complete.

I've down loaded those on here and thought I would share mine too but not sure how to do it as I typed straight onto ofsted site. If anyone can help I'll share mine ( although i know it's very wordy and once it's done it's done so even if it's criticised i can't be bothered to change it, not sure how useful it will be to others but i know what i found helpful was to read through others to give me ideas of what to cover in each section) What a terrible sentence, my grammar and punctuation go out the window after a glass of wine, hope my sef isn't quite that bad!!!!!

I did mine the other way round, in a word document first then cut and pasted it into the Ofsted site. This means I can have a hard copy for staff to read and for us to tweak.

I know that a lot of people are at the moment not keen to share SEFs, and I am totally aware of how all settings are very very different. I also understand that people have put a lot of work into them and do not want them to be 'pinched' by other settings!!!! I am however struggling with some aspects of the SEF and would really like to see what other people have put even though it may not be entirely suitable for my setting. In a bid to encourage people to share what they have done so far I am posting my (incomplete) SEF for all to see. You can see which bits we are missing!!!!! And hopefully help me out with what I haven't done!!!!

I also don't mean to be anal, but if you don't want to share, please don't download what I am sharing!!!!

Thanks (fingers crossed) Zoe. xxx

[/

Have downloaded SEF and will pass it on to my manager who has started to fill in SEF. I'm sure she will be happy to share when it's completed.

I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right place, I'm new to "technoworld" and have only just learnt how to copy and paste!! I guess I'll get there eventually with help from sometime stroppy sometime helpful teenage daughter!

Bren

I just 'finished' our SEF today, it's very rough and there are bits missing but it might prove useful to someone out there or as a comparison to what others have done.

I am NOT planning to cut and paste it online, Ofsted will have to deal with ours arriving by snail mail in the old fashioned way. You know you really don't have to do everything they tell you exactly as they'd like you to do it (sorry been in this game too many years and am perhaps a bit cynical :o )

Personally I found the SEF very repetitive but overall quite helpful in thinking through what needs to be done to develop our setting.

_minus_names__Early_years_self_evaluation_form__Word_format__1_.doc

You can send them an updated one anytime you want I think, it's all part of that continuous self evaluation isn't it? You could do it every week I guess if you really wanted, now that would really bring their system crashing down :o

Thank you so, so much all of you who have shared. :o

I've done quite a bit of mine by discussing with another colleague - one typed while another did the thinking. I will post but it is on the computer at work and I 'play' on the forum at home, soI will try to remember to mail it home and then post.

It is really helpful to see how other people have done theirs - guess we wou't know what's 'right' till the big O have visited more settings.

I was horrified at the Nursery World acticle that said if you have done more than 48 (or thereabouts) pages you are probably writing too much!!!!

Would have joined the SEF avoider's group but it's too late! xD

Gruffalo2

I did wonder what might happen if you actually stuck to the box sizes that they give on the word document - surely in theory that should be enough, if that's the space they've allocated? I went over on a couple of pages, but actually I could cut some stuff and put it elsewhere as much of it would fit in two places. I certainly don't think you can answer all the questions they ask in the space they've allocated, but I think 48 pages probably is a bit too much. :o

• 2 months later...

I have downloaded these, thank you so much for sharing. When I do ours, I will share also. I am going to be new to the setting in Sept and they haven't done theirs yet, so whilst it will be good to see through my eyes, I will also need obviously the input from other staff members to tell me what they do etc. How would you tackle this, a seperate meeting on SEF with all staff, or all level 3's???? Mmmm

I'd do it a block at a time, lots of little meetings are better - will also give you chance to get familiar. Maybe some evenings out over the summer or a bring and share picnic if they prefer

I am slowly working my way through ours; hard not to have no interruptions; I've done a couple of days working from home on it, am now at home with the dreaded Swine Flu, although incredibly tired, once I feel a bit better I hope to do a bit more - dont bank on it though!!

When its done I will put it on here and share x

I am slowly working my way through ours; hard not to have no interruptions; I've done a couple of days working from home on it, am now at home with the dreaded Swine Flu, although incredibly tired, once I feel a bit better I hope to do a bit more - dont bank on it though!!

When its done I will put it on here and share x

Poor you - hope you soon feel better.

Sunnyday

am sorry to hear you are unwell, hope you get better soon xx

Thanks Cait, I think a few smaller meetings would be better too, am just aware that I won't be able to keep bombarding them with questions 'do you do this do you do that?' during the sessions, nor would I want to, so yes a few informal evenings would be a good way.

Clare

Why not give them all a sheet each with one question on and they can take it away and think about it and make some notes and when you all come together there's a starting point

Thanks for sharing...i dont have responsibility for completing these but i'm sure my boss will be so pleased to get some ideas xx thanks again xx

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if anyones still interested in these but I did promise I'd share when I'd typed it up

I've actually edited loads and I think its still too wordy :o

this is section 2 views of those who use setting and section 3 learning and development

sef.doc

Thank you so much for sharing your sef needing all the help i can get at the moment as i am trying quite badly to complete during the holidays and this topic is priceless. Thanks again.

Hi, thanks for sharing dcn. This has encouraged me to try to get started with my SEF. Think I am avoiding it with all possible jobs at the moment! Although did go up to preschool yesterday to get some folders to help me start but couldnt access them as other users of the hall have blocked our cupboard with adult chairs (too many to move without a strong male around!)!! What a good excuse not to start!! :o

I do feel time may run out, but I have to do it before september as we are due an ofsted inspection in the autumn term. So looking for a strong male to move the chairs..........may have to be my hubby!

Thanks for sharing SEFs. If I can work out how you did it, I will add ours, unless everyone is SEF'd out! #

BUT I've completed answers to each section in a word document, and intended to copy and paste onto the relevant sections to save me re-writing it - like in the olden days? However, once on the site, I seem unable to "right-click and paste." Am I mising something? Do I really have to write it all up again?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)