Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

My Sons Just Been Beaten Up

Rea

I'm sitting here waiting for my son to come home after he's been beaten up by 2 men. He saw a bike on the path and stopped to pick it up to lean it against a wall. 2 lads/men jumped him, hit him to the ground, kicking and hitting, he thinks with something other than just fists. Two of his friends jumped in and they ended in hospital one with stiches to his face.

Son doesnt want me to pick him up or go to him, he's with his friends plotting how to track them down and kill them. Obviously the adrenelin is pumping! The police went for a look but so far as I'm aware they havent been back to him. It could have been so much worse. So bad that it doesnt bear thinking about. Thank god its just broken teeth and not a broken body.

Anyway, thats my story for tonight!

P.S. Intersect this post with every swear word you can think of. :o

Gosh Rea! What a shock. I just closed my Firefox session and realised I had a blank session running and wanted to reinstate my tabs for the morning when I spotted your post.

Are you OK? I hope your lad makes a speedy recovery and that he's safely back home soon.

Take care,

Mx

So sorry to read this Rea, like you say it could have been so much more worse in the knife culture we seem to be surrounded by. I doubt you'll much sleep tonight, your son is probably trying to protect you, in his own way, by not wanting you to see him just yet. Hope he does make a speedy recovery and that you see him soon.

Karrie x

Hi Rea, hope soon arrived home, and you've managed to get some sleep. Its horrid when things like this happen isnt it, and the shock is awful.

I guess he'lll be quite sore this morning?

Hugs XX

Oh Rea, what an awful experience for you all!

Hope your son, and his friends, are physically ok this morning and can see that the need for revenge is "in the heat of the moment" and will only bring more grief to all concerned.

Makes me feel quite sad to reflect on the society our young ones have to live in - he tried to do the right thing, moving an obstacle, and look what happened............ :o

Nona

Rea I am so sorry to hear about your son, you must be so upset and worried and just want to get him home in one piece.

Something similar happened to one of my sons at a night club, where he was kicked in the face in a completely unprovoked attack, like your son. We found out about it the next day when one of his friends rang my husband (whilst I was at the Education Show). We went at once to the hospital and found him to be incredibly angry, and he was for quite a while after the attack. He had to have a metal plate in his jaw, and lived at home for a while eating all sorts of sloppy foods whilst it healed. The police were involved, and although they did try to persuade him otherwise, he decided to prosecute, and all his friends rallied round as they were witnesses. The chap got 6 months, was released, and did the same thing to someone else!

We just gave lots of TLC, when he could accept it, and supported him in what he wanted to do about it.

Lots of love and hugs, Jacquie

So sorry to hear this terrible news. My love and my heart goes out to you and your whole family. A similar thing happened to my husband a few years ago and he's 49! you can imagine how I feel now when my teenagers go out. At least it appears only minor injuries to your son. i bet you want to lock him in now eh? All my love to you xxxxxx :o

oh Rea Im sorry to hear about this and I hope your son makes a full recovery, not just the physical wounds but the anger and need for revenge,

I hope your keeping calm its got to be frustrating when your son is of an age when he doesnt want you to rush over and help (Im sure, thats probably what you want to do)

chin up and I hope (but wont hold my breath) that the police catch those responcible

Oh, Rea, that's awful! *big hugs* I sincerely hope the British Justice System does what it's supposed to do with these horrible people in society. I hope you (and your son) are okay.

Rosey x

Guest Wolfie

I'm so sorry to hear that news Rea, I can just imagine what a catalogue of emotions you must be feeling right now. I don't suppose that you got much sleep last night so all that will be mixed up with physical exhaustion as well? My nephew was mugged and beaten up on the eve of his wedding last summer and I remember us all having far too many emotions and feelings to deal with for weeks afterwards.

I hope he's home with you now and not feeling too bruised and battered, physically or mentally. Let's hope that those people are caught. Look after each other - it'll take a while for you to make any kind of sense out of all your anger, frustration and concern but hopefully you will be able to start putting everything into some kind of perspective before too long.

Much love to you all

xxxxx

Oh Reah, how are things this morning in the cold light of day?

I hope you managed to get a bit of sleep and that things aren't as bad as you feared. I'm sure his adrenaline rush has gone by now and that the incident doesn't leave any mental as well as physical scars. Big hugs to you and yours

Rea sorry to hear your story, hope you your son and his friends are feeling a bit beter this morning. A few years ago my Dad was attacked whilst walking the dog in a near by woods in the early evening so not dark. The shock when we saw him struggle through the door (he didn't have a mobile back then) and my husband and brother in law then had to go look for the dog which had ran off during it when they turned on him for trying to protect my Dad! It took us all quite a while to get over it and even longer before we took the dog back on that particular walk! My thouhts are with you all

Well the cold light of day has him a lot calmer now, he's not planning on tracking them down with all his mates anymore.

He has two chipped teeth and some bruises but he's come off the rugby pitch looking much worse, which he freely acknowledges! Today he's off to the cinema with his girlfriend rather than a trip to where it happened, so thats good.

His friends are ok too, one had a few stitches but is non the worse for his ordeal.

Thanks for all your messages of support :o

Only the FSF could provide so much, pity the police couldnt offer so much, they didnt even take their names and addresses when they went off to do a search of the area, so we'll never know any outcome. That makes me angrier! It could have been so much worse with the knives that are out there,on reflection a knuckle duster is preferable.

Thanks again you lovely lot xx

Hi Rea, children are such a worry aren't they? Glad he is feeling calmer today and as you say it could of been much worse. Best not to think about that, hope today is a better day and you can move on from the awful incident. mrsW.x

Just wanted to add my best wishes to this post - I know how you feel my other half was slashed with a stanley knife whilst walking our dog one night - and it is terrifying to think what might have happened. Thankfully he was ok and I am glad your son is on the mend - try not to think about it too much and try to have a restful weekend.

Ems x

So sorry to hear about your son. What gives anybody the right to harm others, hope the offenders are found and dealt with by the police.

I worry so much about my teenage sons making their way in life far more than when they were little. Trouble is, we cannot wrap them up in cotton wool and only hope they do not come to harm.

Take care

Blackcat x