Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

My Favourite Things!

Beau

No, I was the "cheese" bit..though stationery floats my boat too! xD

Well who wanted the stationery then? And which thread was it in? Don't post the answer here - send it to mundia for the CIN quiz! :o

Maz

Just walking through the supermarket the other day reminded me of some more of my favourite things! Cheeselets - I can't resist buying those big tubs around Christmas time but I have to hide them as in our house they disappear so quickly!

Just walking through the supermarket the other day reminded me of some more of my favourite things! Cheeselets - I can't resist buying those big tubs around Christmas time but I have to hide them as in our house they disappear so quickly!

Ooh Beau: you and me both!

And twiglets! But I don't like those cheesy football things with the biscuity outside and the cheesy stuff inside - yeuch!

And what about those little cheesy biscuits in the shape of the suits of playing cards? Yummy!

Maz

My favourite things:

COLOUR - silver

HOLIDAY - Christmas

FOOD - Curry

PLACE - Walton-on-the-Naze

PEOPLE - Family and girls I work with

DRINK - Lucozade and Baileys (not together I am not DelBoy)

TV PROG - Only fools and Horses and Eastenders

DOG - Cocker spaniel

WEB SITES - FSF and Facebook

NURSERY RHYME - Twinkle twinkle

AUTHOR - Lynley Dodd

BOOK - Ant and Bee and the Rainbow

FILM - Lost Boys

ACTOR - Jude Law

COMEDIAN - Russel Brand

SMELL - Freshly woken baby

VEGETABLE - Brocolli

FRUIT - Strawberry

ACTRESS - Billy Piper

CARTOON CHARACTER - Peppa Pig

I'm sure there are loads of things I have missed but will do more when I think of them!!

OOOh I like Ant and Bee and Kind Dog! Have you read that one?

As an aside - Things I Miss

Now I'm coeliac (diagnosed 5 years ago) reading your posts has made me think of things I miss

warm crusty croissants straight from the oven

M&S carrot cake!

twiglets and yes - those little cheesy biscuits shaped like hearts and clubs and spades and diamonds - thank you for that memory

gooey chocolate cake (I can make a gluten free one, but it's not the same)

granary bread!

ooh - shreddies and sugar puffs together in the same bowl

chocolate digestives dunked in hot chocolate

some tinned soup - the ones i liked of course like campbells chicken or heinz chicken

jammie dodgers! wooo

maltezers

kitkat (although the substitute isn't bad)

twix

oh it goes on and i'm gonna stop now or i'll get maudlin! :o

Have you tried them? they are FOUL!!!!!! like having a spoonful of birds custard powder. Now Tesco free from caramel shortbread ........

Actually, I quite like them: perhaps I'd like eating Birds custard powder too - but maybe not! :o

Perhaps I'm just odd... xD

Actually, I quite like them: perhaps I'd like eating Birds custard powder too - but maybe not! :o

Perhaps I'm just odd... :(

Reminds me of when I was a very hard up 19 yr old, living in a bedsit with my friend, no money, no food except a tin of birds custard powder in the cupboard. We had no milk either but were so hungry we tried mixing it with water....YUCK, went to bed really early so we could stop the hunger pains. Next day was payday. xD

So favourite thing the fish and chips I ate on that payday. :(

Peggy

i remember forgetting to make a pudding when i was a new wife and husband had work colleagues coming round - all i had for a sweet was orange jelly and evaporated milk. I made the jelly and left it till it was just about to set and then whisked it with the tin of evaporated milk and left it to set again. It was fabulous, all frothy and creamy and everyone wanted the recipe! hehe - i've made it again since by request and ponced it up a bit with kiwi segments and cream and stuff.

That was 26 years ago - where has the time gone!

My favourite things are my children

my saxophone which I've still to learn how to play

favourite colour is green

favourite season is summer although winter comes a close 2nd

Hope its not too late to add to forum

My very favourite thing at the moment is my black Radley purse with the little blue dog on the front. I lost it a few weeks ago and then today completely out of the blue I got a phone call from the Abbey National in Slough saying someone had handed it in!

All my cards were still in it, but I am so glad to have my purse back because the girls at work bought it for me to celebrate my passing the Foundation Degree!

Oh to be reunited with a favourite thing: bliss!

Maz

My very favourite thing at the moment is my black Radley purse with the little blue dog on the front. I lost it a few weeks ago and then today completely out of the blue I got a phone call from the Abbey National in Slough saying someone had handed it in!

All my cards were still in it, but I am so glad to have my purse back because the girls at work bought it for me to celebrate my passing the Foundation Degree!

Oh to be reunited with a favourite thing: bliss!

Maz

Great news HappyMaz, and good to hear there is still 'honesty' out there. Always knew there was but still good to hear about it. :o

Peggy

My Favourite things -

Colour - Black (I always get wrong for wearing it!!!!) :o

Food - Pasta

Favourite Place - Snuggled up on the settee watching a good dvd (with my fiance)

Favourite People - My mam, my fiance, my family and his family and all our friends

Drink - Coffee (daytime) Red wine (evening)

TV programme - All soaps

Film - Grease, Dirty Dancing and The Notebook

Pastime - Sleeping (I love my bed!)

Hobby - Cooking

Time of year - Winter - Frosty mornings

P x

Ive seen A Walk to Remember but not Pay It Forward, i'll have to look out for that one.

I was allowed to choose the film this valentines day and chose The Notebook, its the first time my partner has been totally emotional and speechless!! When he managed to pull himself round he commented that he thought I would have chose Dirty Dancing and can he choose next year!! ha ha

Have only just seen this thread - sorry

Favourite people - husband and sons.

country abroad - France - where I am now.

colour - blue

food - Indian

drink - red wine

singer - Rod Stewart

song - Have I told you lately that I love you

hobby - playing my keyboard

place in the UK - my home in Dorset

My favourite person today is my third grandchild, John, born at midnight exactly! I adore his brother and sister too. :o

Congratulations from me too.....

One of my favourite sayings is.......... "If I knew grandchildren were so much fun, I'd have had them first! xD

Peggy

my new shiny red aga cooker :o

My mum and dad had/have a cream aga cooker. Many years ago I used to stand and warm my bottom leaning on the bar at the front, toast bread on a toasting fork and eat my favourite stew and dumplings from it!!