Jump to content
Home
Forum
Join Us
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

counting up songs


finleysmaid
 Share

Recommended Posts

i'm not sure if if ive found the right version of this? i don't know the song. I have about 60% EAL at the moment so it needs to be super simple and repetitive to help them learn the concepts. If it's the version i've found i fear it may be too tricky at this point!😉

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

How about 1 Little ..........  2 little,    3 little,  (pandas, kittens, puppies, dinosaurs - or depending upon your resources etc)    up to 5 or 10   obviously need to make the beat fit the tune at the end   or teaching them to meditate - eyes closed, breathing count 1 pause blow out, 2 pause blow out etc.  or elephants on the spiders web song?    

One elephant one fine day went on a spider's web to play

He thought it such tremendous fun he called for another elephant to come

2 elephants one fine day went on a spider's web to play, 

They thought it such tremendous fun, they called for another elephant to come 

We used to have the children going around in a circle to this, calling in another friend.

The end of the song goes

The web went creak, the web went crack and all of the elephants went Kersplatt ( children fall to the floor)

Edited by Panders
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is what we sing-

One little candle burning bright, lights up the sky on a dark dark night, candle light is so much fun- we could do with another one.

Two Little candles  "     '      "     "     "

Three Little.....

Four.....

Until you reach your desired number- then the last bit is 'we don't need another one'

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, louby loo said:

This is what we sing-

One little candle burning bright, lights up the sky on a dark dark night, candle light is so much fun- we could do with another one.

Two Little candles  "     '      "     "     "

Three Little.....

Four.....

Until you reach your desired number- then the last bit is 'we don't need another one'

Ah thought there must have been a simple version.....the one i found on you tube was rather more complex! 😂

we learnt one potato this week  which worked well....i had also forgot Peter hammers. This cohort are not yet at the elephant song stage...but won't take long! So thanks Panders. 

1 hour ago, zigzag said:

 

Gosh you have really made me realise how few counting up songs there are in comparison to counting down songs!

Amazing isn't it! i could write pages on songs going backwards!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

One dainty daffodil makes its way through

up pops another one and that makes two!

Two dainty daffodils, nodding by a tree,

up pops another one, and that makes three!

Three dainty daffodils, what a golden score,

up pops another one and that makes four!

Four dainty daffodils, glad to be alive,

Up pops another one, and that makes five!

Five dainty daffodils, swaying in the sun,

someone picks themself a bunch

And now there are none. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Cait said:

One dainty daffodil makes its way through

up pops another one and that makes two!

Two dainty daffodils, nodding by a tree,

up pops another one, and that makes three!

Three dainty daffodils, what a golden score,

up pops another one and that makes four!

Four dainty daffodils, glad to be alive,

Up pops another one, and that makes five!

Five dainty daffodils, swaying in the sun,

someone picks themself a bunch

And now there are none. 

 

This is rather lovely...but WAY too many words for the cohort at this point in time . My rhymes have to be repetitive with the majority of the words the same in each verse (5 currant buns ETC) But thanks for the response. I shall save this for another day.xxxxxx

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s a very old one - my grandmother taught it in her nursery, my mother in hers, and I did in my preschool.   It doesn’t matter too much that they can’t say all the words at first, but they loved shouting out the numbers.    

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, it’s been a family thing for a really long time.   My daughter worked in childcare for quite a while in Guernsey too, but the salary wasn’t good enough so she went into hospitality.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes Louby loo - Cocomelon and Babybum youtube programmes both have very repetitive 1-10 songs and they do work our not quite 2 year old granddaughter already repeats numbers to 10 and is beginning now to point and count, these things do work - bit like Sesame St. back in the day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Panders said:

Yes Louby loo - Cocomelon and Babybum youtube programmes both have very repetitive 1-10 songs and they do work our not quite 2 year old granddaughter already repeats numbers to 10 and is beginning now to point and count, these things do work - bit like Sesame St. back in the day.

I've been  totally 'cocomelon'd' out today, by our not quite two year old!!!!😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We took 12 day old granddaughter for her first photo call today.   The photographer was a parent of ours at pre-school and she takes the most amazing photos, her real passion tho is the very early days when babies can be almost mesmerized into sleep and she poses them how she wants them, we used to call her the baby whisperer.   Such a lovely morning for me and her mummy and getting to meet the photographer again.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Of course - if you see my post further up the thread - you can use anything - an animal, dinosaurs etc.  it's just a bit of a stretch at the end of the song sometimes to make the beat work - as mentioned by Louby Lou, these sites Cocomelon or Babybum on youtube adapt songs all the time, some I think a little too americanised but I've seen it work with my own granddaughter

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)