Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

cases in early years settings

anju

3 hours ago, Cait said:

That’s the number of cases, it says 

Actually I think it’s number of reports and each report may contain more than one case 😳:

If there are multiple reported cases at a setting at one time, a notification can include more than one confirmed case. This means that the number of notifications received does not necessarily correlate with the number of confirmed cases in a setting.”

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, anju said:

Actually I think it’s number of reports and each report may contain more than one case 😳:

If there are multiple reported cases at a setting at one time, a notification can include more than one confirmed case. This means that the number of notifications received does not necessarily correlate with the number of confirmed cases in a setting.”

That’s even more scary then! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mouseketeer said:

Maybe if I share this with parents a few more will keep them home 🤔 

Well our attendance looks to be creeping up again and no one appears particularly concerned about the current situation.  We have had to persuade one parent to keep their child at home.  The parent reported a raised temperature but was going to bring the child in the following morning if they were 'better'. 

Edited by Dennie
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, Dennie said:

Well our attendance looks to be creeping up again and no one appears particularly concerned about the current situation.  We have had to persuade one parent to keep their child at home.  The parent reported a raised temperature but was going to bring the child in the following morning if they were 'better'. 

😳......... can't find a 'bangs head against wall' emoji!

One of our attending parents has had the cheek to put a 'lets all help the NHS' posts on our Facebook page..

• Confused 2

23 minutes ago, Dennie said:

15 minutes ago, louby loo said:

😳......... can't find a 'bangs head against wall' emoji!

One of our attending parents has had the cheek to put a 'lets all help the NHS' posts on our Facebook page..

So frustrating isn’t it 😕

1 hour ago, Dennie said:

And mine, another today ‘not coping at home’ more like the parent isn’t (not a working parent or vulnerable).

Also had the temp this week “it’s because of school jab” 🤦‍♀️

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Dennie said:

our attendance is also climbing back up, we had to remind parents this morning that they MUST social distance at pick up time and that they cannot bring their whole family  to pick up and let them play on our equipment!!!!! we suggested they stay in the car if they are old enough to run around and cannot be held onto or carried oh and there seems to be a lot of unneeded toys being brought into preschool again........sigh......

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, finleysmaid said:

this question about testing keeps cropping up....can i ask if you are testing your staff, why? what do you hope to gain by doing this? is it something they wanted or has it come from the management? have you had staff refuse ?

any help gratefully received !!!

No - no way I could afford it and we aren’t being offered it by our LA. My staff do want it. It would reduce the stress of waiting for PCR results for staff, which seems to be happening every week atm

1 minute ago, anju said:

No - no way I could afford it and we aren’t being offered it by our LA. My staff do want it. It would reduce the stress of waiting for PCR results for staff, which seems to be happening every week atm

interesting my staff aren't really keen How quickly are your pCR tests coming back? ....have to say my husband is having a fit that we are even thinking about the lateral flow tests as he would have to stay off work too if one said we were infected ...only to potentially find out it was wrong!

1 minute ago, finleysmaid said:

interesting my staff aren't really keen How quickly are your pCR tests coming back? ....have to say my husband is having a fit that we are even thinking about the lateral flow tests as he would have to stay off work too if one said we were infected ...only to potentially find out it was wrong!

Ah right. Lol re your husband! I know they aren’t as accurate but apparently the positive LFT results are pretty reliable, it’s the false negatives that are more of an issue. That’s what I read anyway. PCR are taking between 24 and 48 most of the time 

Our LA have said they aren’t giving them to PVI settings because they are a ‘clinical procedure’....how insulting is that when every Tom, Dick & Harry in schools and attached nurseries are capable of using them? 

I do agree these tests can only be good the moment they’re taken whichever test you have and don’t really see the sense in twice weekly testing but I’d still like a few on hand if the need arose to check staff. We were just given a box of PPE (10 months too late, but still appreciated) so maybe we’ll get test kits around November 🤷‍♀️

Edited by Mouseketeer

14 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

Our LA have said they aren’t giving them to PVI settings because they are a ‘clinical procedure’....how insulting is that when every Tom, Dick & Harry in schools and attached nurseries are capable of using them? 

I do agree these tests can only be good the moment they’re taken whichever test you have and don’t really see the sense in twice weekly testing but I’d still like a few on hand if the need arose to check staff. We were just given a box of PPE (10 months too late, but still appreciated) so maybe we’ll get test kits around November 🤷‍♀️

Oh that’s insulting and infuriating 😡

I agree; I’d definitely like to have some and I think it’s better than nothing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

Rude, just rude

Write to your MP Mousie......oh actually, I tried that, got me nowhere fast

But seriously this does need highlighting

We really are the 'poor relations' time after time

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Rude, just rude

Write to your MP Mousie......oh actually, I tried that, got me nowhere fast

But seriously this does need highlighting

We really are the 'poor relations' time after time

Isn’t it ever! I did email my thoughts back, it’s getting tedious now having to fight for everything whether it’s funding, PPE or tests 😩

I didn’t get far with my MP email either other than telling me I’d raised many valid points ....but he hasn’t done sod all anything about them  😠

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mouseketeer said:

I didn’t get far with my MP email either other than telling me I’d raised many valid points ....but he hasn’t done sod all anything about them  😠

I didn't even get a reply!

Our LA have sent an email  strongly suggesting we all go out of our way and drive to a LF T  test centre twice weekly.  I can't really see the point really unless you're worried that you've been in contact etc.  I guess that's easy for us though as we Arn not having any staffing issues 🤞🤞

• Like 1

2 hours ago, louby loo said:

I didn't even get a reply!

Our LA have sent an email  strongly suggesting we all go out of our way and drive to a LF T  test centre twice weekly.  I can't really see the point really unless you're worried that you've been in contact etc.  I guess that's easy for us though as we Arn not having any staffing issues 🤞🤞

Mine have too, a 2hr round trip for us 😠

• Sad 1