Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

cases in early years settings

anju

4 hours ago, louby loo said:

I didn't even get a reply!

Our LA have sent an email  strongly suggesting we all go out of our way and drive to a LF T  test centre twice weekly.  I can't really see the point really unless you're worried that you've been in contact etc.  I guess that's easy for us though as we Arn not having any staffing issues 🤞🤞

why? apparently it's safe working in early years so why so important to go and get tested?!?!?!? 

Anyway so to todays issues (anyone feel that is all they deal with !??!?) we are open for 2 children (SEND) for 15 hours...10.30 today dad rings...really sorry ive just been tracked and traced ....we have tests booked ill come and get him now!!!!!!! we have only been back open for a day😱

• Sad 4

I was wondering if anyone has had any Covid-19 cases which started with nausea and sickness.  We had a staff member with this over Christmas and they ultimately tested positive.  I'm now a bit concerned as we had to send a child home who was physically sick this week.  Usually we would do the keep away for at least 48 hour advice, but with virus levels still high I'm wondering if we ought to be more cautious.

1 hour ago, Dennie said:

I was wondering if anyone has had any Covid-19 cases which started with nausea and sickness.  We had a staff member with this over Christmas and they ultimately tested positive.  I'm now a bit concerned as we had to send a child home who was physically sick this week.  Usually we would do the keep away for at least 48 hour advice, but with virus levels still high I'm wondering if we ought to be more cautious.

Yes this can be a sign of Covid along with an upset stomach.  Apparently this can be quite common.

I've now been advised that unless there are any other Covid symptoms or anyone else in the household is unwell, if the child is well they should be allowed to return once the 48 hours are up.

As there are so many different Covid symptoms I can't say that I feel particularly comfortable about this.  

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Dennie said:

I've now been advised that unless there are any other Covid symptoms or anyone else in the household is unwell, if the child is well they should be allowed to return once the 48 hours are up.

As there are so many different Covid symptoms I can't say that I feel particularly comfortable about this.  

write  a risk assessment. If you prove it's not safe for your team don't allow it. If you are a private business it is you who will be liable for any issues with your staff and children. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few ! !

• Like 2

The parent has decided to keep the child off now anyway but I don't know if they are having them tested or just isolating.  Sadly parents are choosing not to test and even when I phoned the helpline last week I was told as long as the child isolates that is fine.  That isn't going to pick up true case numbers though.

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, Dennie said:

The parent has decided to keep the child off now anyway but I don't know if they are having them tested or just isolating.  Sadly parents are choosing not to test and even when I phoned the helpline last week I was told as long as the child isolates that is fine.  That isn't going to pick up true case numbers though.

Or tell you if it’s in your setting for you to take appropriate action 😠

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Dennie said:

Im glad for you that they are not coming in. But i agree this isn't really helpful in terms of numbers and reporting, sadly i feel many parents will not force their children to have a test for fear that the children may not like it !😔

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

Tonight’s press conference, public questions, a lady asked about testing for Early years settings, Matt Hancock’s response ...”sorry what was the question?, it’s slipped my mind” ...just about sums it up 🤬

OMG I’m glad I wasn’t watching that - absolutely outrageous 😡 Says it all 

26 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

Tonight’s press conference, public questions, a lady asked about testing for Early years settings, Matt Hancock’s response ...”sorry what was the question?, it’s slipped my mind” ...just about sums it up 🤬

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-55977904?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_live&ns_linkname=60217c67f1296a02de3a8b8e%26Can Early Years workers get regular Covid tests%3F%262021-02-08T18%3A05%3A00.332Z&ns_fee=0&pinned_post_locator=urn:asset:f51a9031-e177-43df-881c-ec73a291ae8d&pinned_post_asset_id=60217c67f1296a02de3a8b8e&pinned_post_type=share

apparently we will get them as part of the roll out of tests to businesses with over 50 employees - err, how many early years settings have over 50 employees?? 🙄

1 hour ago, Mouseketeer said:

I walked out of the room swearing muttering loudly before that - when he said all workers that  feel they are put at risk would now  have easy access  to workplace  testing (or something like that)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

My reaction was completely unprintable 🤬

• Sad 1