Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

1 hour ago, zigzag said:

Anyone know where I can get some jazzy tabards from? One day in and my work polo top already has a bleach stain on it!

:o......I have a confession I HATE TABARDS!!!!!!! sorry had to get that off my chest .Remember many years ago my supervisor suggesting them and me telling her if she made me wear one of those i would leave! fortunately she never did.B| just reminds me of dinner ladies ...(sorry this is NOT a helpful answer )

• Haha 1

my setting has worn the same colour tabard for many years, we have pretty much given up wearing them over our logo polo shirts and logo summer t shirts now, we have hoodies with our logo and names on the back for winter, the only thing I would say is ours have large pockets on the front which is very useful.  Ours come from local supplier of a variety of work wear and they embroider the logos on. Perhaps they are rather old fashioned but I have to admit, some sort of apron is pretty practical.

Edited by twinthinguk

You see I question the fact that these garments show us in a 'care' role and not in education and care.  They put forward the idea of us being cleaners rather than Ey professionals.(I admire cleaners btw ! But that's not my role) Would any teacher wear one of these? They come across to me as a sort of label that I dont want to be associated with.....

Sorry this isnt at all helpful and not in the spirit of this post at all but for some reason this garment seems to push my buttons 🥺🥺🥺

4 hours ago, finleysmaid said:

You see I question the fact that these garments show us in a 'care' role and not in education and care.  They put forward the idea of us being cleaners rather than Ey professionals.(I admire cleaners btw ! But that's not my role) Would any teacher wear one of these? They come across to me as a sort of label that I dont want to be associated with.....

Sorry this isnt at all helpful and not in the spirit of this post at all but for some reason this garment seems to push my buttons 🥺🥺🥺

We don't wear any kind of uniform 😮..... staff have some ancient tabards that they sometimes wear if doing a particularly messy art activity, and have the option of the short waiters apron I mentioned before in a fabric of their choice.  (someone on Facebook was selling them as teachers aprons)

Mind you, we have slightly derailed zigzags post (sorry zigzag 💐) as I think she was wanted more of a 'covid bleach protection' option 😁

We wear polo shirts with our logo and I have little half apron things with a pocket for pens and post it’s, sometimes we wear them sometimes we don’t!  I just wanted a temporary covering to stop the risk of bleach stain. In retrospect I think the disposable plastic aprons will be the way to go! 

21 minutes ago, zigzag said:

We wear polo shirts with our logo and I have little half apron things with a pocket for pens and post it’s, sometimes we wear them sometimes we don’t!  I just wanted a temporary covering to stop the risk of bleach stain. In retrospect I think the disposable plastic aprons will be the way to go! 

Sorry zigzag I apologise.  We do have plastic aprons normally for health and hygiene but they appear quite tricky to get hold of at the moment. 

38 minutes ago, finleysmaid said:

Sorry zigzag I apologise.  We do have plastic aprons normally for health and hygiene but they appear quite tricky to get hold of at the moment. 

No need to apologise🤣 I love hearing people’s opinions, I used to have to wear them 20+ years ago when I worked at the day nursery and hated them! Now I feel they may cover and conceal lockdown weight gain!!

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, zigzag said:

No need to apologise🤣 I love hearing people’s opinions, I used to have to wear them 20+ years ago when I worked at the day nursery and hated them! Now I feel they may cover and conceal lockdown weight gain!!

zigzag - that is a plan so cunning that you could pin a tail on it and call it a fox 🤣

• Haha 5

8 minutes ago, finleysmaid said:

indeed ..he may regret it my husband is now shopping for weird ear muffs for dogs !!?!?!?!?

Is it his ears?  

Not sure if this would be any good but years ago my dog grooming friend (the one that loaned me the afore mentioned thinning scissors 😂) used to breed afghans, she used to put what can only be described as 'boob tube' type thing over their ears.  Made of a very fine/soft cotton simply shirred up.  

2 minutes ago, louby loo said:

Is it his ears?  

Not sure if this would be any good but years ago my dog grooming friend (the one that loaned me the afore mentioned thinning scissors 😂) used to breed afghans, she used to put what can only be described as 'boob tube' type thing over their ears.  Made of a very fine/soft cotton simply shirred up.  

yes thats the sort of thing...this is the second time this year so far we have had an issue the last one caused all sorts of problems (we're up to about £1000!!) the problem with spaniels is that they go through things not around them!

1 minute ago, finleysmaid said:

yes thats the sort of thing...this is the second time this year so far we have had an issue the last one caused all sorts of problems (we're up to about £1000!!) the problem with spaniels is that they go through things not around them!

It would appear he needs a 'head' tabard!

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, zigzag said:

Dog balaclavas are needed!  My spaniels ears get full of sticky balls! (Sorry don’t know the Latin name for them)

Yay dog balaclavas are the way forward - now where is young Froglet when you need her! (Oh and sticky balls should be avoided at all costs!)

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Yay dog balaclavas are the way forward - now where is young Froglet when you need her! (Oh and sticky balls should be avoided at all costs!)

I’m on it! I made an egg sleeping bag the other day - dog balaclava should be fairly straightforward. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, playgroup1 said:

I've never been a fan of tabards but looking to buy some now, simply so staff will have their own pen, ipad, hand sanitiser, tissues to hand rather than swapping around.

We have these half waist aprons for that and they are really handy.

895F2A45-E11B-4A0D-BF5F-0476F4E96ACC.jpeg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)