Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

1 hour ago, sunnyday said:

Yay dog balaclavas are the way forward - now where is young Froglet when you need her! (Oh and sticky balls should be avoided at all costs!)

When I was a child, there was a lady who lived over the road who had a King Charles spaniel called Chauncey.    She used a stocking top over his head when she walked him, tho top band of a stocking - silk probably- over his head to hold his ears.  Obviously the rest of the stocking was cut off, but he did look comical.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cait said:

When I was a child, there was a lady who lived over the road who had a King Charles spaniel called Chauncey.    She used a stocking top over his head when she walked him, tho top band of a stocking - silk probably- over his head to hold his ears.  Obviously the rest of the stocking was cut off, but he did look comical.  

An aunty-inlaw of mine had a King Charles spaniel I think it was - very long floppy ears, she used to tie them back with one of those large hair curlers with a ball on elastic which fitted into the end of the curler - this was so that his poor little ears didn't get in his food 🤪

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, zigzag said:

Dog balaclavas are needed!  My spaniels ears get full of sticky balls! (Sorry don’t know the Latin name for them)

isn't that where they got the idea for Velcro from, those sticky balls, not balaclavas😁  Burrs??

9 hours ago, Cait said:

4 minutes ago, Panders said:

An aunty-inlaw of mine had a King Charles spaniel I think it was - very long floppy ears, she used to tie them back with one of those large hair curlers with a ball on elastic which fitted into the end of the curler - this was so that his poor little ears didn't get in his food 🤪

Right, so finleysmaid's poor dog is now going out for a walk  in- a boob tube, stockings, curlers and a balaclava ......... , but defiantly not a tabard or apron 🤣

( although possibly she may employ a  male dog walker in a half apron..?

• Haha 4

On 26/06/2020 at 19:09, finleysmaid said:

:o......I have a confession I HATE TABARDS!!!!!!! sorry had to get that off my chest .Remember many years ago my supervisor suggesting them and me telling her if she made me wear one of those i would leave! fortunately she never did.B| just reminds me of dinner ladies ...(sorry this is NOT a helpful answer )

Many (many) years ago- we wore them. Until the umpteenth parent said we looked like Mike Baldwins factory girls (remember Janice Battersby in one?) well ours unfortunately were the same colour. So we quickly got rid!😃we do have those black aprons with the big pockets, that I find invaluable for pens, post it notes, rubber gloves, phone, broken toy and anything I have taken off the children that they shouldn't have!

Edited by lynned55
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

We had polo shirts for a long time, then changed into tunics with back pleats.  We felt a little like hairdressers for a while, but got some funky fabrics and they were great.  

I was thinking I may get some sort of scrub top for when we go back in September, in a nice bright fabric, should be easier to wash and dry overnight. Fed up of the slightly damp polo shirt! Oh and the dog head thing is called a snood. My sister has them for her dogs when they go to shows to keep their ears tidy and clean!😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Linzie Clark said:

I was thinking I may get some sort of scrub top for when we go back in September, in a nice bright fabric, should be easier to wash and dry overnight. Fed up of the slightly damp polo shirt! Oh and the dog head thing is called a snood. My sister has them for her dogs when they go to shows to keep their ears tidy and clean!😊

Where are you thinking of getting the scrub tops from?

38 minutes ago, Cait said:

Your first post is the one I'm making, I'm just going to do tops.  To be honest not 100% sure if we will actually use them- but I am thinking they might be an idea- more due to  constant cleaning and staining of clothes from Milton bleach  etc.

For cost efficiency - I'm actually using (new) duvet covers!

Edited by louby loo

38 minutes ago, louby loo said:

Your first post is the one I'm making, I'm just going to do tops.  To be honest not 100% sure if we will actually use them- but I am thinking they might be an idea- more due to  constant cleaning and staining of clothes from Milton bleach  etc.

For cost efficiency - I'm actually using (new) duvet covers!

Yes. We used duvet covers when we were making them for Ryedale. Some of the covers that were donated were so beautiful that it seemed such a shame to cut them up.    I could get four scrub hats from a pillowcase! 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)