Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Christmas Ideas 2018

SueFinanceManager

47497812_374797309932449_4234928601004244992_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=680db8dc364a78227b516a54c41fc60f&oe=5C6D4869

This is our growing selection of crafts.  Salt dough ornaments, paper chains,  glittery pine cone ornaments.  Using up the last of the glitter.  When it's gone I'll be saving the fishies.  Today we made Christmas cards using last year's cards cut out. Some writing and brave writing for more able children.  Still to come, hand prints on shiny baubles.  Yesterday we made mince pies using frozen pastry and supermarket mince - we used the letter pastry cutters for the pastry tops so they had their initial on their own pie.  Will make biscuits next week.  Am thinking of making salt dough beads to paint up beautifully and thread.  

The tiny Christmas tree I used for my little church creche entry to our Christmas Tree Exhibition at our church a couple of years ago.   A lovely event.  

• Like 4

Loving this thread - so many great ideas!

Have to confess that I am secretly enjoying the fluffy duck element that creeps in at this time of year :D

All very touching at my setting this morning - I shared the story of the 'first Christmas', must have pitched it just right as their attention was so good (apologies a bit of blowing my own trumpet there!) - then all children helped to put our (ancient) nativity scene together - was all a bit special

Tomorrow we are making Christmas hats which should be fun!

• Like 5

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/443815738276290027/

These are my fluffy ducks at home - made a few to use to decorate about the house.   I was so shocked about how much similar things were in M&S, I decided to see what I could do.  Had a few jars of different sizes at home, kept for the inevitable craft at pre-school.   Have lots of lovely stuff in the garden I can use, an have popped into Wilco for a few extra bits, very cheap and some twine.  Will put led candles in them.

Edited by Panders
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, Panders said:

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/443815738276290027/

These are my fluffy ducks at home - made a few to use to decorate about the house.   I was so shocked about how much similar things were in M&S, I decided to see what I could do.  Had a few jars of different sizes at home, kept for the inevitable craft at pre-school.   Have lots of lovely stuff in the garden I can use, an have popped into Wilco for a few extra bits, very cheap and some twine.  Will put led candles in them.

Are you doing the frosted mason jars? They’re lovely. I found some ‘posh tissue paper’ last year with music printed on it. I glued some round an empty salsa jar tied a bit of red ribbon round the neck and put tea lights in, they looked lovely and very seasonal.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Froglet said:

Are you doing the frosted mason jars? They’re lovely. I found some ‘posh tissue paper’ last year with music printed on it. I glued some round an empty salsa jar tied a bit of red ribbon round the neck and put tea lights in, they looked lovely and very seasonal.

Haven't used mason jars, just ordinary jam jars or tall  tomato passata jars.   The frosting is so easy.  Did wonder whether the led lights would work well enough, but preferred them to the real T lights.  Love the idea of music tissue paper.  I know sunnyday is doing something like that with tissue paper this year, we did it a couple of years back and they are very effective, and the children love to do them.

IMG_1736.JPG

Edited by Panders
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)