Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Christmas Ideas 2018

SueFinanceManager

1 hour ago, GFCCCC said:

You can have mine !!

Yes have to admit, ours are starting to wind up nicely now!  Still, it’s such a lot of fun, let’s face it, Christmas is about the children and it’s all so magical.  Having said that, I am very glad we break up at the end of next week.🥳🍾

• Haha 1

Well we've had our Christmas fair and nativity this week and our Christmas 'panto' ...not a real one!!! today. So now I can have some glittery fun (eco friendly of course:D)

We have already started our cards but my photo is rubbish ..i'll try and put a better one on tomorrow :)

• Like 1

I’m in need of ideas. We have a Christmas stay and play coming up and I am out of ideas for things to do. We usually have a range of craft activities as there are lots of adults to help. I have a child who doesn’t celebrate Christmas this year so would like to have wintry/snowman themed activities for the majority rather than they nags like Christmas trees so they can join in easily. I need easy to prepare as I’m doing all that on my own and the TDL means very limited time!

11 minutes ago, Froglet said:

I’m in need of ideas. We have a Christmas stay and play coming up and I am out of ideas for things to do. We usually have a range of craft activities as there are lots of adults to help. I have a child who doesn’t celebrate Christmas this year so would like to have wintry/snowman themed activities for the majority rather than they nags like Christmas trees so they can join in easily. I need easy to prepare as I’m doing all that on my own and the TDL means very limited time!

Think I  might go with the melted snowman thing Froglet.   I made puffy paint (shaving foam and white paint)  the splattered that on some blue card and then literally dropped stuff on it, cut out nose, hat, scarf etc. sprinkled a bit of glitter on and I had printed off the little rhyme that goes with it - have a look on pinterest for it.

• Like 1

I made white play dough with a bit of glitter mixed in.  Then provide goggly eyes, twigs, strips of material and small orange pipe cleaner for them to make snowmen.  Took photos for them to take home.

CCF0BCBE-191C-461F-BB39-94AC328DD055.jpeg

Edited by zigzag
  • Like 7

4 minutes ago, Froglet said:

Thanks Panders.  I just wanted to add that I'm not just being lazy - I know I can go pinterest hunting but sometimes there is so much out there that a personal recommendation really helps!  

Nice xmas pic!:)

Make white playdough (with cornflour) provide small sticks strips pf felt and orange beads....make your own snowman!

Our cards were really easy ...

Just now, zigzag said:

I made white play dough with a bit of glitter mixed in.  Then provide goggly eyes, twigs, strips of material and small orange pipe cleaner for them to make snowmen.  Took photos for them to take home.

haha had just written the post above!

Edited by finleysmaid
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, finleysmaid said:

Really nice Louby loo:D I love a real tree...cute gingerbread men...salt dough?

Air dry clay. We usually use salt dough, but I ordered some pva glue and added to clay to get free postage... so the big bag of clay only cost us £3 xDxD

image.png.049d8080510d2217facac1c0f600e498.pngthis little girl was a little precise in her activities (he he)   generally looks much better when it is more random, that was one of the reasons we chose this activity because it didn't have to be precise.

Edited by Panders
  • Like 3

have missed all this so much this year have had to resort to doing some at home for us - especially when I saw something in |M&S costing £12.50!!!!!! so have been out collecting some shrubbery!     have made frosty glass candle holders and tied bits of shrubbery on with twine, Bob's your Uncle and Fannie's your Aunt

• Like 5

I made ice for the tuff tray today.  Froze penguins, and glass nuggets inside the ice and they had to try and melt the ice to get them out.  Good fun, also added Christmas figures.  I was going to add the snow powder when it had almost melted but the children added bowls and spoons and were making soup so left them to it!

• Like 2

Just thought, somewhere I have  seen a brilliant snow globe with the child’s photo inside it.  It’s really good and I have the idea filed away for next year now.  I know it’s a bit fluffy duck, but sometimes at Christmas it has to be!  The website is called best for kids.

C724CC9A-07AC-4C94-8ABD-D017027F114A.jpeg

Edited by zigzag

1 minute ago, zigzag said:

Just thought, somewhere I have  seen a brilliant snow globe with the child’s photo inside it.  It’s really good and I have the idea filed away for next year now.  Will try and find it and add it.

Yes we made those -   we waited until we had snow - that being said, you aren't likely to get it down there are you.    Anyway, when we had snow, we took their photos playing in it and then put them in the snowglobes.   Looks lovely, anything with their photos on always went down well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Panders said:

Yes we made those -   we waited until we had snow - that being said, you aren't likely to get it down there are you.    Anyway, when we had snow, we took their photos playing in it and then put them in the snowglobes.   Looks lovely, anything with their photos on always went down well.

That is a great idea.  IF we have snow this year, I will do that.

I was just trying to find my door decorations to share (from home) but nowhere to be seen at the moment.  I thought I'd share my elf and his home - I did this at school long before 'Elf on the shelf' became such a thing.  It was aimed at bringing a somewhat disjointed and disparate team together.  He appeared one morning and every day would issue a new challenge to the staff but he also moved around school and hid so the children got into finding him too.  That first year he had some lovely letters from year 6s asking him to please tell Santa they had been very good!

Magic Elf20071204_01.JPG

Magic Elf20071204_02.JPG

Magic Elf20071213_18.JPG

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, zigzag said:

Just thought, somewhere I have  seen a brilliant snow globe with the child’s photo inside it.  It’s really good and I have the idea filed away for next year now.  I know it’s a bit fluffy duck, but sometimes at Christmas it has to be!  The website is called best for kids.

Yes, it may be fluffy duck - however I always look at these type of activities as more about the speech and language side of things anyway :):)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)